Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!

WOW it is the last day of April. Where did April go? It is overcast this morning and the ground is wet. The forecast for tomorrow is rain and freezing rain. UNBELIEVEABLE!! The flooding continues and my heart breaks for everyone. There was just a report on the news that one home, that was evacuated, is burning. One of my coworkers was evacuated from her home. I was on call to go work but she made it in. I am riveted to the TV watching the reports. A lot of these people are still recovering from the 2017 floods. The water is supposed to peak by tomorrow.

I got to hang my laundry outside yesterday and it dried nicely. I cut the curtains yesterday and installed them, but they are too dark. I will need to buy some lighter ones. No biggy, these will be used somewhere else. I got into the sewing room to straighten it out a little.

I am not sure what today will bring. Les is helping a friend this morning and also has to work tonight. So I will most of the day to myself. I am starting to think about what projects I am going to take to retreat with me.

And so that is what is happening in my world today. Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!

Two big surgeries today... Jim's MIL and Melinda. Keeping these 2 wonderful women in my thoughts and prayers.

Little kiddos will be here shortly. Time to get this laptop in a safe place!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Today is my second (and last) day of working from home. I should have the other half of my project completed today. It's too bad I won't be able to stretch it into a third day...it will be almost 80 tomorrow. It would be wonderful to have the windows open. Today will still be cool, about 52 degrees.

It's family dinner night and my turn to provide the dinner. It feels like I'm always going to the same restaurants to pick up the food. Mom's diet is limited, not due to health reasons, just because she is a very picky eater. I would love to try somewhere new/different. We tried Firehouse Subs the last time. It was a win, Mom ate her ham sandwich without complaint.

I'd better get going and finish that project...my work-from-home desk is my sewing table. I can't wait to get my sewing room back. Have a great day!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ We got the white stuff! We had light snow yest. afternoon & eve. By dark, there was maybe an inch on the picnic table. But....it snowed more during the night. It's a winter wonderland out there this morning. There must be at least 4" on the picnic table. (I'll measure it later after I get dressed.) It's a very wet snow that has clung to everything. No snow on the streets, sidewalks, or driveway. The ground was too warm from those previous warm days.

DH had his crown prep. yest. a.m. He did ok. It was 90 min. in the chair. His mouth was still numb when he tried to eat lunch & he bit his lip. After the anesthetic wore off, his mouth really is sore. He put in a miserable night. His lip is all puffy. I've had numerous crowns done, so I know how he feels. Of course, he won't take even a Tylenol for the pain & refused my offer of ice, so I guess he'll have to suffer through.

I made it to the sewing room yest. eve. & got the binding sewn on one side of the 2nd mini quilt. At least I got something done, even if I worked <1 hr. I watched Donna Jordan's tutorial, with free pattern, in which she used Jinny Beyer's large stack of 150 charms -- The Palette -- to make a quilt. Not sure I really like this particular pattern.

I'll be making DH's spelt bread today.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's vacation-eve. We got a lot of packing done yesterday. Just some laundry to do today and house cleaning and we'll be set. We will head over to Kathryn's this afternoon to see the kids for a little bit too. I decided not to take any kind of hand sewing project with me this time. I will have my Kindle with me so I will just read on the plane rides and maybe watch a movie.

Monique, it's heartbreaking hearing about the flooding. Katrina, I said a prayer for Jim's mil and Melinda. Joy, wow, more snow! Julie, sounds like you really enjoyed working from home.

Time to switch out the laundry. Have a great day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I am going to tutor my Japanese ladies this morn. It will be nice to catch up since we missed 2 weeks due to my surgery. Then I go see the Dermotogist to see what I have growing under my thumb nail. I am pretty sure it is the bacteria pseudomonas. It is always something.
    Katrina— will send your relatives thoughts of comfort and strength.

Beth

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Wow, I must have been tired. I didn't go to community association meeting. I just woke up and having coffee. It's sunny now, and the patio door is open a crack for fresh air. It's not quiet though with the construction at the school behind our house. How nice Monique that you can hang your laundry outdoor. I love the s ell of line-dried clothes.

I have been glued to the TV watching the flooding. One report says the water is flowing at a rate of 2 Olympic size pools every second and it will be more when it crests in a day or so. I did a lot of paperwork and edited my step son CV. I worked in HR at one time, and I can tell you that long letters and resume do not capture attention of employers. I was on the phone a lot, I will be helping one GF set up and sell at fabric sale. I am going to lunch with 7 ladies from the sailing club, half are quilters. I am giving my GF Pam a quilt. She was a nurse and is waiting for a liver transplant. Please keep her in your prayers, as I also will for Melinda and Jim's MIL.

Today, cleaning lady is here, so I will be in my sewing room. Also getting a demo and estimate to replace part of our eavestroughing. I need to hand sew the binding on a VQC quilt that I am delivering next Tuesday.

Stay dry, be safe enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It rained overnight and it's still cloudy and cool, won't make it out of the 40's today. Cleaned out another flower bed yesterday and now I'm sitting with a heating pad on my back. I have to learn to pace myself. Today, no gardening, going up to puppy sit for the day. I'll get to see what's blooming up near Boston as we take our walks.
    Last eve I finished sewing and cutting the blocks for the diamond rail fence, then sewed the squares onto the blocks. I'm going to put the tiny squares like Jenny did on her second quilt and extend them into the border.
    That's all that's on the agenda today. Prayers going out to all in need.
    Hope you have a peaceful day with time to sew.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	make not buy.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	158827

I am trying to get in here a couple of times a week. It seems like there's never enough time, I work all day and then only have a couple hours in the evening to do what I want. What I usually want to do, when I get home, is quilt but by the time dinner and dishes are finished.....all I want to do is nothing.

I have decided to quilt the tops I have ready before starting any new ones....it's tough because I see all these cool patterns that I want to make and tell myself NO...finish the quilting first. I've been making some panel quilts for the kids in the family. It seems they like those. So I'm getting ready to put the Cat in the Hat on the frame.

Monique and all forum friends that are in Canada...prayers and be safe.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; April 30th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Late getting here today. We spent the day at Cleveland Clinic for DH's quarterly checkup. We didn't get all the results back before we left, but what we did get were good. He is still on the transplant list but is doing pretty well in the meantine. We stopped and ate lunch on the way back. There was a gift shop next to the restaurant, and they had the cutest purse in the window. I mentioned it on the way in, and when we left, DS slipped into the shop and bought it for me - said it's for an early Mother's Day! More $$ than I could have spent on myself, but I know I'll enjoy using it. He said he wanted to do something nice for me because I always do things for everyone else. Love that boy!!

Back to work tomorrow - I really do not like my job right now. I just started this week learning how to do payroll and I feel so out of my element. Plus, it takes about half of my work week and I'm still supposed to do everything else that I do. Very frustrating and discouraging. But I'm sure it will all work out somehow. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 80's...on May 1. Hope that's not an indication of a hot summer to come.

Enjoy your week, everyone.

20. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post