Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default I took a chance and ordered today

I've been reading the many pages of the thread about the frustration and unhappiness with the shipping methods. I paid close attention to the replies from Al too. And the PM didn't hurt either. I'm one of those people who have had issues with shipping and it has all but stopped my ordering from M*.
    I went shopping this morning and found some jelly rolls that I wanted. Didn't need them, but really wanted them to make a happy summery type strip quilt. So I ordered them just shortly before 8 AM this morning. Shortly after 1 PM I received a message that the order had shipped. It's due to be delivered Monday. Yes, I chose the more expensive and faster delivery option, but I'm willing to pay for it for many reasons.
    So, M*, you have exceeded my wildest expectations. I hope people will read this and be encouraged to give you another try. I'll be spending the weekend planning this quilt and sometime Monday I'll (hopefully) be fondling and loving these jelly rolls.
    Thank You!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I took a chance and ordered today

That's awesome! I'm still waiting for my cast removal and PT before I order. 2 weeks and counting!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

BarbaraB...I will take a chance today on placing an order; it's been over a month since my last order and I have a couple of items that are cut yardage. We will see how long it takes to get to the northeast side of the country. And, I opted for the quickest shipping method.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. I placed an order Wednesday afternoon. Thursday ~8PM I got an email saying it shipped, and the M* website says "Shipped" for the status of my order.

However, when I follow the link to FedEx, it says "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel." It is now over 48 hours since I placed the order. And it's nearly 5 on a Friday, so the package probably won't even go out until Monday.

I, too, usually forget what I've ordered by the time the package arrives. It's sort of like a care package from myself, lol. I know a day or 2 may be because of the PO on this end, but it usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. (I'm also in TX - near Houston)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well guess what? I ordered Tues at 3 pm when it was free shipping. I did not pay extra for expedited shipping and my order arrived today, Friday--and it was all yardage that needed to be cut. I think that is the fastest order I ever got from M!!! I am in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by jjkaiser; May 3rd, 2019 at 07:00 PM.

7. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 2 cuts of yardage Wed. eve, 4/24 and received my order the following Tuesday. That was the day of $2 shipping so I opted to pay the additional $2 for FedEx Ground.
    Last edited by chelea; May 3rd, 2019 at 11:05 PM.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaH View Post
    Hmmm. I placed an order Wednesday afternoon. Thursday ~8PM I got an email saying it shipped, and the M* website says "Shipped" for the status of my order.

However, when I follow the link to FedEx, it says "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel." It is now over 48 hours since I placed the order. And it's nearly 5 on a Friday, so the package probably won't even go out until Monday.

I, too, usually forget what I've ordered by the time the package arrives. It's sort of like a care package from myself, lol. I know a day or 2 may be because of the PO on this end, but it usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. (I'm also in TX - near Houston)
    Sounds like you found an anomaly, would you pm me your order number so I can dig in and see? Love seeing these good news posts btw, you all are gonna love what we're building next

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaH View Post

The problem with all this for me is the terminology used for order status. When it says "your order has been shipped," it doesn't mean your order has been shipped. "Shipped" (to me) means the order has been filled and picked up by the carrier for delivery. In the case of M* and other suppliers, "shipped" doesn't necessarily mean that the order has been even filled and sitting on the dock awaiting pickup.

I suspect this is a dysfunction of the expediting software being used. What I want to see is the status of the order in-house so I know how long it takes to fill and ship. Then I can get an accurate picture of how long shipping actually takes. I quit doing business with companies who tell me "my order has been shipped," when in actuality it most likely hasn't even been pulled.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

11. Thanks auntstuff, Granny Fran thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    The problem with all this for me is the terminology used for order status. When it says "your order has been shipped," it doesn't mean your order has been shipped. "Shipped" (to me) means the order has been filled and picked up by the carrier for delivery. In the case of M* and other suppliers, "shipped" doesn't necessarily mean that the order has been even filled and sitting on the dock awaiting pickup.

I suspect this is a dysfunction of the expediting software being used. What I want to see is the status of the order in-house so I know how long it takes to fill and ship. Then I can get an accurate picture of how long shipping actually takes. I quit doing business with companies who tell me "my order has been shipped," when in actuality it most likely hasn't even been pulled.
    Agreed. "Creating a shipping label" means absolutely nothing as far as actual moving the product. Just a convenient untruth to make it look good.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.