Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Germany

Welcome from Pennsylvania!
    Tracie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin! It is a state in the middle of the USA near the top just south of Canada. I follow (on Facebook) one of Germany's finest quilters, Andrea Stracke. Have you heard of her? Her hand quilting is just amazing. She is also on You Tube but I couldn't listen to the interview of her because I don't speak or understand any German! Glad to have you here.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Texas

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings and welcome from Minnesota!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Ohio, USA
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from New York and Willkommen Quiltfrau. So glad you are here. Your English is fine.......a whole lot better than my German. I could speak it a bit when I was a child since my father and grandparents came from Germany. But after they passed away, my dad didn't speak to me in German as much and so I have only retained a small bit. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Prairie Pointer

I'm lucky enough to live in both DeLand, Florida and Waymart, Pennslyvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Guten Tag und herzlich willkommen aus Florida. Dein Englisch ist wunderbar. Ich betrüge mein Deutsch mit einem Übersetzungsprogramm. Ich habe angefangen, Deutsch mit einem Programm namens duolingo zu lernen, aber ich habe Probleme mit der Verwendung verschiedener Zeitformen. Ich glaube, ich muss in die Bibliothek gehen, um ein Buch über deutsche Grammatik zu erhalten. Ich habe erst seit ungefähr 3 Jahren ernsthaft quilten und mit jedem Quilt, den ich mache, etwas Neues gelernt. Ich hoffe, dass Sie dieses Forum genauso genießen wie ich.
    Alle meine besten Wünsche, Fran
    Good day, and welcome from Florida. Your English is wonderful. I'm cheating on my German, using a translation program. I've started trying to learn German with a program called Duolingo, but I'm having problems with the use of different tenses. I think I'll have to go to the library for a book on German grammar. I've only been seriously quilting for about 3 years, and learn something new with every quilt I make. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.
    All my best wishes, Fran

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from Utah for the next month and them from Missouri. I was born in Wurzberg Bavaria Germany to American parents were stationed there by the US Army. At this time I speak very little German and read less than I can speak. One day I hope to be able to return and spend some time in Germany and other European countries. Enjoy the Forum.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Quiltfrau!
    This is a wonderful forum for everyone that loves quilting and sewing in general. You are right, Jenny is a great teacher! I have belonged to the MSQC Forum since 2011.
    If you are watching Jenny on Youtube then you know that a new tutorial comes out every Friday! Now that you have found the MSQC website and the forum I hope you will enjoy the forum as so many of us do.

This is a wonderful forum for everyone that loves quilting and sewing in general. You are right, Jenny is a great teacher! I have belonged to the MSQC Forum since 2011.
    If you are watching Jenny on Youtube then you know that a new tutorial comes out every Friday! Now that you have found the MSQC website and the forum I hope you will enjoy the forum as so many of us do.

My DH was stationed near Frankfurt Germany. When we married I spend 2 yrs with him in Germany. We lived in a small town called Munster b Dieburg where my DH Terry was stationed with the 545th Ordinance Company.
    Again Quiltfrau, Welcome to MSQC (Missouri Star Quilt Company!!
    ************************************************** *********************************************
    Dies ist ein wunderbares Forum für alle, die im Allgemeinen gerne quilten und nähen. Du hast recht, Jenny ist eine großartige Lehrerin! Ich gehöre seit 2011 zum MSQC Forum.
    Wenn Sie Jenny auf Youtube sehen, wissen Sie, dass jeden Freitag ein neues Tutorial herauskommt! Nun, da Sie die MSQC-Website und das Forum gefunden haben, hoffe ich, dass Sie das Forum genießen werden, so wie es viele von uns tun.
    Mein DH war in der Nähe von Frankfurt am Main stationiert. Als wir verheiratet waren, verbringe ich zwei Jahre mit ihm in Deutschland. Wir wohnten in einer kleinen Stadt namens Münster bei Dieburg, in der mein DH Terry bei der 545. Ordinance Company stationiert war.
    Nochmals Quiltfrau, Willkommen bei MSQC (Missouri Star Quilt Company !!)
    Ich war 44 Jahre alt, seit ich in Deutschland gelebt habe, und bis auf ein paar Ausdrücke, wie man zählt, habe ich alles Deutsch verloren.
    It's been 44 yrs since I lived in Germany and I have lost all my German, except for a few phrases, how to count, etc.
    Ich verwende auch einen Google Translator!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"