Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Thursday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Thursday

Good morning friends. Up way too early but hubs wasn't home yet and I worry about him. He came home from work about 15 minutes ago. So he has gone to bed and I am up. Later this morning he is taking the van into the garage to have the snow tires removed and summer ones put on. Surely the snow is over until November at least.

It did not rain the rest of the day yesterday but it certainly wasn't warm either. Cold and damp. I didn't do anything yesterday. I haven't got my mojo these days. Don't know what the problem is either. There is a quilt show this weekend that I am himming and hawing about. If I don't go, then I won't buy fabric will I? Maybe that is what I need, retail therapy. We will see. Suzanne, are you going to the Arnprior or Cornwall show?

Today is supposed to be a rather warm day. Hubs is going out to golf, he can have it. Maybe I can get something done around here.

Anywho, have a great day today no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday

Good morning to all!

Monique, sometimes retail therapy works great......sometimes just seeing.....smelling.....petting the goods can help....and then sometimes it just takes time......hope your mojo gets back in gear! Stay warm and do whatever makes you feel good!

Quilt basted. Never got the chance to quilt on it. Went to retirement class......whew......the guy must have had a few enemy drinks before the presentation........he flew through and I felt exhausted. Thankful he gave us a book that is suppose to have all he covered. I sure am hoping. Wondering how the next 5 classes will be.

We’re to get rain today, which works for me. I’ve got my chicken stock on and in 24 hours I’ll have some really good stuff to freeze. The house needs some attention......not want I want to do, but alas.......it’s gotta be done, so I’ll do it.

Hope everyone has a blessed day. Lots of love, hugs to all and prayers for so many of you.

Attachment 158779

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning.....It's raining again today but at least the temperature is tolerable.

Yesterday I got the call that the wedding quilt was ready to be picked up. I'm so happy with the way it turned out and will post pictures after it's bound. I just need to sew on two more of the outer border strips and make the backing and the brides quilt will be ready for quilting. I can now see light at the end of the tunnel, as these two projects have been looming for a while.

I had a nice long chat with Blondie yesterday....how good it was to hear her voice. She's so busy with the Grands and life in general but overall she's happy, healthy and doing well.

I have loads of laundry to deal with today and company coming for dinner. Blondie gave me a special recipe for bread yesterday and today I will give it a try.

Have a great day everyone.....Love & Hugs

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Only got a minute. Chicken soup is on the agenda for today. I did the veg. prep. last night between 5 & 7 p.m. so I could watch Survivor & Amazing Race.

Had a busy day yest. with BSF, lunch, then all my errands. It was mostly sunny; the temp. got up to 80 deg. I had the front door & windows open in the p.m. Maybe only 68-72 today.

DS#2 has 2 job interviews today; I hope those go well & God provides just the right job for him. He also needs to get a car. For now he's using his girlfriend's car, but he'll need his own soon.

Barb ~ Thanks for the update on Blondie; I miss her Forum posts.

Monique ~ We don't do snow tires on our cars. The all season radials work well for us all year long.

Well, no more time. I'll be spending my morning in the kitchen.

7. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Monique - I am going to the Cornwall show on Friday with 3 GFs, and also to drop by Ron's store. He's got the best selection of backing fabrics. When I had a business, I would order from the wholesale side. Now the retail is the largest. Sometimes, just touching and fondling fabrics does the trick. I don't need any more fabric. To curb my buying, I go through my bins before I go to a store. Saturday, I am going to the Women's Show with 3 other GFs. If I have any energy on Sunday, my plan is to drive to Arnprior show. I really like that one.

Yesterday, I ran some errands with DH. I attached the binding on 2 VQC, almost finished handsewing one. I also worked on large blocks for GS's hockey side of quilt. Today, a few more errands and maybe go to AGM at sailing club. It's also a members' meet & greet.

Enjoy your day.
    Joy - I hope your son find employment soon.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

We're finally getting some spring-like weather....in the 60's and some sun. The trees are budding, and the grass is slowly turning green in spots, but we still have some snow piles on the shady side of tree rows. That's NW Minnesota for you!

I've had a quiet week; nothing scheduled at JoAnns until this weekend. I've been working on painting the entry area of the house, but it's slow going. I sure get tired and sore from going up and down the ladder. My part is soon done, and DH has to finish the really tall areas because my balance is too shaky to do heights. It will be great to have that done. Next project will be to repaint the kitchen cupboards.

As far as sewing goes, I'm quilting a table runner (for me) on the Artistic SD 18 (love that machine), working a little here and there on the scrap quilt, and I need to finish up SS project #3. I have fabric cut for the tree skirt my DD wants. Hmmmm.....having trouble thinking of Christmas and snow when spring has barely arrived!

Hoping you all have a blessed day,
    Jeanne

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, vchale, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, DSiL ended up taking DD to the ER. Her pain level was getting unbearable, which is a lot cuz she hates doctors. See yesterdays daily post for what happened to her.
    The sun is shining and its getting warm so DH is going to fly his gyrocopter about two hours flying time into Missouri. I get to get him in the car and bring him home so he can pull the travel trailer over. This is the first fly-in of the year so he's excited. I'm going to my sister's so we can have some talking time.
    But first we have dentist appts. Boo hiss!!!!!
    Be safe and have a good day.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The sun is shining and its getting warm so DH is going to fly his gyrocopter about two hours flying time into Missouri.

Okay I give up. What's a gyrocopter anyway??

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's late, but better late than never.

Home school was fine, we worked hard. Nandy came to pick up J and told me Esther draws a picture of Papa (Howard) every week and he always has to have a red shirt (Howard's favorite color). Made me a little teary and happy that she still remembers him.

Found a new place to pick up fresh steamed seafood today at lunch. We'll have enough for dinner, too. I asked Jim if he'd ever been there, nope never heard of it. He doesn't know what he's been missing!

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ The chicken soup is done! Cooled enough to put the containers in the freezer. It made 15 qts. I'm always glad when that job is done. Next will be cooking up beets. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

It's sunny & 74 deg. Green is really starting to show up on the shrubs, trees, etc. I love the spring flowers.

I just watched another Donna Jordan tutorial. I'm getting e-m's almost daily now from them with featured fabrics, sales, & the tutorials. I'm going to sign up for another free give-away. It's a Kaffe Fassett quilt. The give away is open to anyone world wide.

Well, on to the rest of the day.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post