Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Wednesday morning

The week is already half over already!! I had a busy day yesterday, not so much with work, but with photocopying. I got through all the magazines I had brought with me. Needless to say I didn't get any quilting done. So I guess today I will finish tacking them together and then find a space to store them.

It is another wet start to the day. It is supposed to stop this morning. I took the road less traveled yesterday (the one that is closed). I got through very smoothly. I did drive with caution. I work at the end of this road and it takes me 20 minutes to get there. If I take the other road it would take me at least close to an hour. One lady who lives close to me got turned away on her way home yesterday. She had to take the longer way around. I guess I was very lucky. Being in the country we don't have many road choices, many are dirt back roads. Flooding continues along the river. I feel sorry for all those affected by the floods. I am nowhere near any water so no chance of flooding for us here.

Not sure what my day will be like yet. Les works tonight so I have the evening to myself.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Wednesday morning

Good morning everyone!

Wow, Monique, sure am happy you got around OK. Thankful flooding isn’t an issue for you. Hope you have a great day!

Yesterday the rain ended and the sun even shone for awhile! Happy! Not sure about today. We have retirement “classes” lined up for Wednesday’s for the next 6 weeks. DH is seriously considering retiring soon.

Did some basting on the kids quilt. Should finish today and I can’t wait to start hand quilting it. They should have it by Christmas!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed day. Prayers and hugs for many.

Attachment 158768

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I have a busy day ahead. Bible Study Fellowship this a.m., followed by a fellowship lunch (our discussion group) at Perkins, then several errands -- bank, groc. store, Walmart, where I need to pick up 3 Rx's. Since it's the first ones of the new year, we have to meet the $400. deductible, so that's always a big hit.

Yest. I called & got in to see the nurse practitioner; otherwise I'd have had to wait a week to see my dr. My L. side was bothering me. Turns out I have a fine rash. She took a pic on her cell phone & showed it to me. It was so fine I hadn't seen it in the mirror. So I need to pick up a topical cream today. Thankfully, it's doesn't itch, & it's definitely not shingles.

Monique, glad you didn't have to take the long way around for your commute to work. Hope the rain stops soon & you can get your roof fixed.

Yest. we had a cloudy a.m. & sunny p.m. The temp. got up to 74 deg. It should be even warmer the rest of the week.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morn. It is all down hill until the weekend. I am off to the city in 2 hrs for my doc appt. it is going to be a sunny, breezy, and warm day. It may take me a few days to get caught up on the laundry around here. I am looking forward to getting back to my quilt. I am tired of just sitting.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It was a noisy night with pounding rain on our metal roof. It's cloudy and more rain is forecast over the next few days. The lawn is too soggy to do any yardwork. We do have some tulip leaves peaking out of the ground.

My GF Dorothy dropped by to show me the 5 quilts quilted by the LA for our VQC group. She does beautiful work, gratis. I picked two to sew on the binding and label. One of them will be gifted to my friend's neighbour, a stage 4 cancer patient as soon as I receive approval. The other one, waiting for details to request for a second cousin undergoing radiation and chemo treatments. It's so sad. His parents lost their daughter to cancer 18 years ago, and never got over that. So much need. I wish I could sew faster.

Yesterday, I designed about 10 labels on laptop, and actually made 3 on DH's embroidery machine, until the needle broke. We spent over an hour trying to get replacement needle in, only to realize the shank of needle was bigger than others in the pack. Frustrating. I sewed one label on, as we are giving this quilt to a friend awaiting a liver transplant. Usually DH makes my labels, but he is getting behind, so I decided to learn myself. Not too difficult, as long as I pay attention.

I have designated today, a sewing day. I've got a lot of projects spread out in both rooms, and it's messy so that makes me antsy. I have to sew in an orderly space, or I'm not focussed. Results of concussion.

Monique - be careful with roads that have running water over them or been flooded, they can wash out in a flash.
    Joy - watch that rash. If it doesn't go away with the cream, get another opinion.
    Anita - retirement planning is essential to enjoy it once you make that leap. I took it 3x, in my 40s, then after divorce, and 3 years before I actually retired. I think the only thing that no one can explain is that your days will be busier than when you worked. You will wonder - How did I do all this, and still have time to work?

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's been an exciting few days. Some good excitement like my new buzz cut hairdo and some not so good like my DD's car wreck. She got hit in the rear passenger door when a firefighter in a city pickup ran a stop sign. He immediately went into first responder mod and made sure everyone was okay. The friend who was with my daughter went to the hospital cuz she has a history of concussions and needed checked out. She's okay and my daughter got bruised by the seatbelt and has a nasty cough while she tries to get rid of the airbag particles and accelerant. She has asthma so has problems with aerosols, etc. Thank goodness they were on their way to get my GD since that's where she sits.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon.

Home School went well, Zeke and Esther were dropped off at 12:30. I'm pooped and my hand's achy this afternoon. I think I'll be doing nothing this afternoon.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. Got off early from work today. Left at 1:30 for a haircut appt. I could get used to that! Anywho, home now with a new haircut. Had to change hairstylist since my former one is on an extended leave (whatever that means). Well, so far I really like the new one so may just change for good. Retirement classes sounds interesting. I'm curious as to what you learn in them, and is it something sponsored by your employer or is it a financial planning thing?

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post