Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It is Easter Monday

Good morning. I hope you all had/will have a great Easter weekend. I had a great but busy weekend. Phil and Maizyn arrived on Thursday night. It was really nice to have them both here for the weekend. Phil went out Friday to a friend's birthday party. And it rained all day. Roof is still leaking but Mikey is supposed to come by today to fix that. I ended up with 2 buckets in my bedroom. Les went to an auction sale on Saturday coming home with a settee. He got a good deal on it. Maizyn prepared for the Easter Bunny to come Sunday. She left a note and a treat for him. She was pretty excited by all the eggs she found, 56 little eggs in total, haha. Phil and Maizyn left early yesterday to head back home. Phil is on duty today. I pretty much got the house back in shape. Phil and I were going through 'stuff' on Friday, but I call them 'treasures'. He was taking some back with him. The kids can't believe the 'stuff' I have kept over the years. Phil brought back the hard drive that was in the laptop that died. He picked up a special cable so now I can use it as an external hard drive as well. I was looking for certain files and they are indeed on there. Happy Momma.

With all this rain, there has been a lot of flooding around here. Most side roads are either flooded or washed out. I am not sure if I will be able to get to work using the road I usually use. I will keep watching facebook with updates. I will have to find an alternate route. Wish me luck on that because I don't that route at all. I better take my gps with me tomorrow if I have to take that route. There was also a woman killed on Saturday when she ran her car into a washout and flipped her car. Rushing waters hampered the rescue. This happened in this county. Tragic for sure. Thankfully I don't have a basement so there is no danger of flood here, just the roof leaking for now. My how the snow has melted with all this rain. It is being said that this flood is worse than the one in 2017. And that one was pretty bad, people are still reeling from that flood. In some areas, the army has been called in.

Les has to work today so I have the day to myself. Not sure yet what I will do.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is Easter Monday

Good morning Monique and all who follow,

It was a hopping weekend for sure. Saturday dinner with family went well, but the GKs do seem louder when they are all together. We kept them a busy decorating carrot muffins. I think they enjoyed sampling the jelly beans and gummy carrots as much as decorating. We packed them to go. Sunday, we vaccumed and washed floors, and put the house back in order. Yesterday afternoon I put together 14 blocks for the hockey top. Then checked my phone, and our neighbours invited us for dinner. We enjoy their company, and Jim & DH birthdays are only 3 days apart. We are making plans to vacation to PEI together.

There are instructors today, so DH is going for first gliding lesson this year. He will have to take alternate route, as the road to get there is flooded. Flooding seems to be more widespread this year, and probably worst than 2017. I saw the news about the woman who died when her car was submerged and swept away. The danger of rising water continues, and caution must be used.

I will visit mom and bring chinese food. She loves this. Then I will call my GFs to firm up our trip to quilt show Friday. Then I may check out the yard, as it will be a nice warm day.

Enjoy your day. Be prepared and be safe. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone...We had a nice Easter. Jeff went hunting early and I went to the sunrise Easter service in town. I was home real early so I made fruit salad and then did some sewing. Our meal was tasty and just enough that we don't have to eat it again tonight. The Girls had a fun day hanging with us outdoors. Maggie is an old soul in a young body...Sugar is wired for action all the time.

It's going to be a beautiful day.

Take care....Hugs.....

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, pcbatiks, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ We had a beautiful morning for Easter services -- sunny & mild. DS#2 & his girlfriend met me at church, which was pretty well packed. I gave them a tour of the church afterwards, & we sat in the Fireside Room & chatted for a while & took pictures. We got to the restaurant ~11 a.m. No waiting, so that was nice. Enjoyed a leisurely lunch & visited some more. It was good to finally meet & begin to get acquainted with the girlfriend. I really liked her. I think they are a nice couple. They gave me a bouquet of flowers & an Easter card.

As we left the restaurant, it had clouded up & there were a couple sprinkles on the windshield. The predicted rain was moving in. They headed out of town & I stopped at the groc. store for a few items. I was home before 2 p.m. Didn't do a whole lot the rest of the day. We had intermittent rain the rest of the day. It's raining lightly this a.m. & is much cooler.

Well, it's time to fix DH's breakfast & get the laundry going. Have a great Monday.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

We had a nice day also, dinner at Outback's. I had tasty grilled salmon and DH and DS#1 had steaks. Portions seemed a bit smaller that usual but we were filled so we skipped coffee and dessert which was a mistake as we didn't have any goodies at home. Later in the evening I had some yogurt and blueberries but I really craved some cheesecake.

No sewing plans for today, need to get the wild onions in our azalea bed pulled, the azalea are about to bloom and don't need the onions crowding them out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monday happy.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	158729

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I will spend the day resting and watching tv. I may try to do some work on my needle point project. It is the first day I will be on my own. The dogs will be here to keep me company. Our springer is a menace. I was letting them in and he spotted my DH. He got caught in the tubing of my catheter. I started to scream stop.asi was trying to tubing off of him. Luckily he didn’t dislodge the catheter. But it did hurt and scare me. Lesson leaned have my back to them as the come inside.

Monique and Suzanne— be careful navigating the roads .

Have a good day.
    Beth

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all be careful in all of that rain!

It was chilly this morning. Chilly enough that I let the squirrels have their fill! They managed to open one of the doors on the brick feeder and drop it to the ground. It can stay there until I feel like putting shoes on.

I haven't heard from Jim or Morgan about dinner tonight. So 2 or 5 pieces of cube steak is still up in the air. I'm seriously thinking about having Mike go pick something up since our plan for last night panned out.

Time to get busy.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Miss May ~ You need to keep some cheese cake at home! I buy one of those large ones that is cut into small wedges. I keep it in the freezer & have a piece whenever. It freezes well. I defrost the wedge for 1 min. on power 2 & usually have it with nuts so I have some protein with it. I can make one of those last 3 months if I behave myself.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Miss May ~ You need to keep some cheese cake at home! I buy one of those large ones that is cut into small wedges. I keep it in the freezer & have a piece whenever. It freezes well. I defrost the wedge for 1 min. on power 2 & usually have it with nuts so I have some protein with it. I can make one of those last 3 months if I behave myself.
    Sounds like a good idea!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post