Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning ~ I suppose someone else is posting at the same time as I am. Anyway, here goes. We had a beautiful day yest. High temp. was 82. I had the front door & 2 front windows open much of the afternoon until dusk. More flowers are opening all the time. The tulips are coming on now, as well as the daffodils. I see green showing up on some of the shrubs. Too early for the trees, although the buds on my crabapple tree are swelling. Many of the trees are pollenating. The maples were first, now the cottonwoods. I'm glad I started my Flonase earlier in the spring. Today is supposed to be even warmer.

I had a busy morning with the bed change, washing some of the bedding (besides the sheets). I did 4 loads. Did some vacuuming. Later I worked on my Bible study lesson. I never made it to the sewing room.

Had a nice phone call from DS#1. It's always good to chat with him. They're going to their DIL's parents' house for Easter. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, seeing DS#1 & meeting his girlfriend. I hope the restaurants won't be too crazy busy.

Time to get on with my day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HaveaBlessedEaster.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	158687

Good Morning Everyone....Jeff left before sunrise to do a little turkey hunting at the farm. So far birds have been scarce and he hasn't even had a good shot at one. He will be home early, as hunting must end at 1 pm.

The wedding quilt is with my quilter, Mary, and she thinks it will be ready to pick up the end of next week. I will drop off the brides quilt when I pick up the wedding quilt. It's all done except for the borders, which I can easily get done by Monday. This is the closest thing to being a real quilter for me in a long time.

Today is a busy day for me with baking, bathing the Girls and some housework so I will get off here for now.

Jeff & I along with The Girls, wish everyone on our forum a fabulous Easter.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

I am happy to report I have finally found a roofer for Mom's house! It is one of the roofers referred by our local Heritage Home program. He identified the problem and came up with a solution that makes sense. I still need to pick a color, I'm leaning towards brown instead of black or grey (her house is green with brown accents). The bad news is, he won't be able to do the work until June. In the meantime, here's hoping my sister puts something out to catch the drips when it rains. We had a bit of an argument about that last weekend. Mom has hardwood floors under the carpet, which I don't want to get water damage. My sister doesn't care because it isn't her house. I tried to explain about mold, but...you know how sisters are. If you don't, you can have one of mine, free of charge!

It's a cold, rainy day here, a perfect day to spend some time in the sewing room. All I need to do now is pick a project!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 9.13.49 AM.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	158688

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It is a rainy, windy one here today. The last few days here have been a bit hectic. We were having some work done by our contractor.... a couple new windows, new front storm door and a few other things inside and outside of the house when our boiler decided it had done enough. And considering that it is the original boiler from when the house was built in 1952, I'd say it had a fantastic run. But that meant whole other bunch of guys here getting that done. We live in a Levit house with the boiler is mounted on the wall so it is no easy task to replace them. Plus, all the old pipes, circulator pumps for the three zones, connections to the oiltank outside and various other stuff had to be removed and all new ones installed. It took them 10 1/2hours . I thought I might just spend the day working on some embroidery projects but two things prevented that. First, something happened to the flash drive and my machine didn't see it anymore so I needed to get a new one. Which I did but realized that my sewing room is where the crawl space with the circulator pump for upstairs is located so they were in and out of there too. I wound up spending a good portion of the day up in our bedroom with the cat watching The Waltons on Prime and loading some designs on my new flashdrive.

Today I will be doing Easter brunch/Easter dinner prep. Plus I need to finish up the stuffie for Henry's basket since I couldn't get that done the last few days. Tomorrow Kathryn and Joe, Vicky and Kenny and all the grandkids will be here for brunch. Then we will pack up and head up to John and Rob's for dinner and spend the night there. It should be a fun day.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and a blessed Easter.
    Last edited by Ginny B; April 20th, 2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I spent yesterday baking and prepping vegetables for tonight's dinner. Hopefully it's an easier meal than traditional. The GKs will be here early to decorate cupcakes. I have to pick up ready-made icing. I will also get the older ones to help fill up the pickle and vegetable platters, maybe set the table?? It won't be option to play outdoors, with more rain expected. I did spend some time in the sewing room, making an organizer for my electronic chargers, phone & iPod. They usually clutter my kitchen countertop or cupboard. I'm on a serious mission to declutter. I bought a towel rack at Dollar store. Here it is. I chose black, wasn't inspired to commit to colour. I also cut up more hockey fabric for large blocks. It will be the backing.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	158689

JulieC - glad you finally found a roofer. And sorry, no I don't think I want a sister. Always wished I did, but my GFs are my chosen sisters. I do have a brother you could have.
    Barb - if it's wild turkeys, we have lots of them. It would be good if they allowed hunting them.
    Ginny - that's a big undertaking, but I'm certain you will be set for years. It's amazing your system lasted that long.
    Joy - I look forward to seeing our flowers bloom and trees bud. We are supposed to have temps in the 50s this week, so there's hope.

Happy Easter everyone.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.....

It's been awhile since I've posted. I hope everyone is well. It seems like there is just not enough time in the day to get everything done.

I put a quilt on the frame a couple days ago so I will be going to the quilting room in a few minutes to see what I can do with it. I will probably stand and look at it until I decide how I want to quilt it. It's a rainy day here so will be good for working on quilts. I keep telling myself get those tops quilted before starting anything new....but we all know how that goes.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter. Take care and quilt on...
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Everyone is so busy, I'm just sitting around. I have a hair appointment around lunch time. Hopefully I won't mess it up before Sunday.

The kiddos slept all night and no fevers so Easter services are a go for tomorrow.

I'm trying to get used to this new cast, it goes further up my palm so figuring out home keys and finding the right keys is new learning curve. But, the angle to type is better.

I'm missing my sewing room something fierce! I think next week, I'll spend some time making lists and having Mike put some heavier school stuff away. It's hard to believe the school year is just about over. May 9th can't get here soon enough! Cast off, school out, I can start on projects again! Even if it's nothing but scanning and labeling pictures!

Have a great Easter.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Ginny, you sure had enough going on and then the boiler broke. Levitt did install good appliances.

Spring must have sprung away from us as it's cold and rainy today. Come on Sunshine smile on us so we all enjoy a nice Easter.

Name:	Easter blessing.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	158701

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post