• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP April 19 - 25, 2019

Early this week, posting after my section of the Holy Week vigil. I usually take that 2-3 am slot, then go in to work REALLY early and leave early for the Good Friday service. But I'm actually off Friday, so I'm going back to bed shortly LOL.

I have had a decent week. our guild has a "stars" challenge for our quilt show and I have a small wall hanging ready to machine quilt for it. "Christmas Cabin Stars" is ready to sandwich and I'm just doing some walking foot outlines since the pieces are pretty small.

If I get ambitious, I may sandwich the Lotus Blossom table topper for hand quilting as well. On the other hand, I may just be lazy later today. It's been ages since I've had a real day off.

What's going on in your world?
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: WiP April 19 - 25, 2019

Sad to say, there's not a lot of sewing/quilting going on here. I did visit our sewing dens a few times, just so the fabric doesn't get lonely. Haha I have been to quilt stores in past week, to pick up my monthly free metre of fabric. I chose a new Dan Morris fabric, pretty in turquoise. No immediate plans for it. Also got a JR of black Bella solid for a good price and a stencil. She had a great deal on FQ. Buy 10, get 10 free. I was tempted, but had to resist. Next Friday I am going to a quilt show and there will be vendors.

It seems we have been busy with taxes all winter, but now they are all done. Also a lot of medical/dental appts. I have been getting ready to host the family for Easter dinner on Saturday and to celebrate the family April birthdays. We will be 7 adults and 6 GKs. I'm breaking tradition, and cooking salmon and chicken. Friends are supposed to drop by Sunday afternoon, but I should be free to sew a few days next week, unless we get exceptionally great weather, then we will do yardwork. Snow is slowly melting, making a mess.

I haven't done the vigil since I was a child. Good for you to take the night shift. Happy Easter to everyone.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

This is the Mosaic Mountains kit from Robert Kaufman. It is almost done. It is currently in four pieces, so only three seams to go. It seems very fitting for the first quilt top I complete in my new home in the beautiful Ozark mountains.
      100_4939.JPG

I have unpacked the last two boxes in my quilting studio. My husband warned me the closet unit in his hobby room and pulled out of the wall so I opened the closet in my sewing room to find that it too had completely pulled out from the wall. The master bedroom closet has also separated from the wall. I guess the former owner did not understand the difference between studs and dry wall. This is a solvable problem. No worries.

I heard from my sister that she signed the papers for palliative care for my paraplegic Mom. The end is near and she will be at peace in heaven soon.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

DeniseSm - your quilt is gorgeous. I love the colours. It's a good thing you can fix the closet units, and have a handy husband who can make it right.

Yesterday I made a hanging organizer for my chargers, iPod and phone. I bought a cupboard towel holder from dollar store. It's made to measure, backed with Bosal foam. It hangs inside a cupboard. This now clears a good area of kitchen counter.

image.jpgi
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• DeniseSm
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
          DeniseSm It's a good thing you can fix the closet units, and have a handy husband who can make it right.

Ha ha My DH is a sweetie but he is not a handyman. Be afraid, a women with power tools. I also do all the simple electrical work ( I will be replacing and updating over half the light fixtures and ceiling fans) and simple plumbing. My DH is the technical person. He keeps the computers running and tries to teach me how to use my smartphone and the GPS.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• cv quilter
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

Suzanne, what a clever organizer for the chargers, etc. Great idea!
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• TMP
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2014

This week I have finished up the binding on several charity quilts. I have several other quilts completed and I just need to quilt them. These were from my months of just wanting to piece and play with fabric.

I bought the kit with fabrics needed to make Vintage Christmas by Lori Holt. I had searched and searched and couldn't find all the fabrics I needed so I signed up to get the kit when they had them back in stock. It came last week. Now I am not in the mood to sew anything Christmas. Funny how if my heart isn't into it I will just do it and don't do my best work, so I guess I will just put it to the side for now. I am going to give my sewing room a good cleaning, a clean room usually makes me enjoy sewing more. I hope everyone has a good sewing week.
              Teresa
              Pelham, Alabama
              War Eagle!!!

Comment

• DeniseSm
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2013

It took me a full day to get the hanging sleeve attached and the hanging rods mounted but I got the next two quilts up to decorate my new sewing room.

This is my Happiness bargello which covers the three bookcases that hold my fabric stash.
                100_4976.JPG
                This is Aurora Borealis bargello which hangs next to the door.
                100_4973.JPG

Now my sewing room is suffused with vibrant color where ever I look. I love it.

Comment

• TMP
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2014

Oh Denise those are amazing! I have never made a bargello but you make me want to! I love the idea of having them hanging where you can enjoy them
                  Teresa
                  Pelham, Alabama
                  War Eagle!!!

Comment

• jjkaiser
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2013

Denise you will never want to leave your sewing room so I hope it has a bed and a fridge, well maybe a wine fridge at least lol! Have you ever made anything simple, like say a 9-patch?!!! You make the most difficult patterns and they all turn out wonderful. Whenever I look at my stuff and compare it to yours I feel like I should be sent back to kindergarten.
                    Jocelyn
                    South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• MSN
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      Denise you will never want to leave your sewing room so I hope it has a bed and a fridge, well maybe a wine fridge at least lol! Have you ever made anything simple, like say a 9-patch?!!! You make the most difficult patterns and they all turn out wonderful. Whenever I look at my stuff and compare it to yours I feel like I should be sent back to kindergarten.
                      This coming from the woman who won a blue ribbon at the WI State Fair. Don't sell yourself short, jjkaiser!

Comment

• Anitamae56
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2014

Denise, you continue to amaze me , that is beautiful, you are very talented.

Comment

Working...
                        X