• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Colorado's Columbine HS "credible threat" from FL teen

If you've been watching the news this week, you may have seen that Columbine HS & other area schools received threats this week from an 18 y.o. female who flew to Denver from FL on Mon. She bought a gun legally from a gun dealer here who saw no red flags. She apparently was infatuated with the Columbine school shooting, which is coming up on its 20 yr. anniversary this Sat. On Tues. Columbine & other Jefferson Co. schools were put on lock-out. The FBI & local officers were searching for this teen. Due to what police officers considered a "credible threat", all Denver metro schools as well as many others along the Front Range cancelled school yesterday. It involved 140 school districts and >1/2 million students. It's amazing how one person's actions can affect so many people!

I had not heard about the school closings, so when I got to Bible Study yest. a.m., there were no cars in the parking lot. What's going on? Our BSF chapter follows the local school district's schedule, e.g. for spring break, Christmas, snow days, etc., so our Bible study was cancelled. A few cars straggled in, ladies who also didn't get the message. I took advantage of the extra time to do some shopping.

So...back to Sol Pais, the gal who caused all this problem. Her parents in FL reported her missing, which helped with the police search. Some time yest. a.m. her body was found near Echo Lodge on the way to Mt. Evans. It appears she died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police still are searching into her background. Fellow students said she was on the quiet side & dressed "gothy". One of the TV reporters had viewed some of her on line postings, which he referred to as "dark." It sounds like she was a very troubled person. While it's sad her life is ended, at least no others were killed. Schools are back open today with heightened security.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Colorado's Columbine HS "credible threat" from FL teen

I was following the story yesterday. I hadn't heard that she took her own life. So sad for her parents.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• TMP
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2014

I also was following this story. My niece is a teacher in a school very near to where she bought the gun. She and I were texting back and forth all morning. It is so troubling to me that our society has come to this . How on earth could a person want to hurt a child or be obsessed with a school shooting. She wasn't even born when this happened. I am so thankful that they had a heads up on her going to Colorado and the fact that she bought the gun.
      Teresa
      Pelham, Alabama
      War Eagle!!!

Comment

• GuitarGramma
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2012

What a tragedy. I am so sorry on many levels: that someone could become obsessed with senseless violence such as Columbine, that the violence was ever perpetrated, that something drove this young woman to kill herself, and more.

Thank God that no innocent school children were hurt.
        Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

I just caught a bit of this reporting tonight. Very sad. Very troubling. Very disturbed young lady.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

I also saw it on the news. So terribly sad indeed. Thankfully no one was hurt/killed in the process.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• nativetexan
              Banned
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2018

yes, that poor girl. the news kept calling her a woman, then a teen, then woman again. kids are teens until they turn 20 and adults, well that takes longer than we give them. I do worry about our world at times, but we go on. Blessings everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X