Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone have Janome JW8100

The Janome JW8100 sewing machine is on Massdrop for $280 for a few more days. I am thinking of getting this as a travel machine to take to classes and retreats. Am wondering if anyone has used this machine. The reviews on massdrop look good, but I think I need to do some further research, and trust this forum for honest opinions.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone have Janome JW8100

While I do have two Janome machines, neither is a JW8100. But I can vouch for Janome making really solid machines. In fact, I've heard that Janome is one of the few machine that still has a metal frame under the plastic casing. So please double check the specs to see how much the JW8100 weighs before buying it as a travel machine.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at the Mass Drop and see the machine you are talking about. Sure seems to have some good features. I see it weighs 12.7 pounds, so should be a good travel machine. It comes with the 25 year warranty, so seems like you cant go wrong. I think the price is right. If I didn't already have too many machines, I'd think about it.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

The JW8100 was a machine sold exclusively at Walmart. It is a good machine for the money and well featured for a machine in this price range. I've seen it at Walmart on-sale for $239. That was a couple years ago. For some reason Walmart no longer stocks them in the stores. Maybe at the $299 regular price they just didn't sell. I see it on Amazon now for $269, and I think free shipping for Prime members. No fear- this is not really an obsolete machine even though it's a few years old.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your comments everyone. I also found it on Amazon, so decided to not buy into the Massdrop purchase. I'm still on the fence right now. A friend offered to let me borrow her featherweight she inherited from her mom. I may explore that idea. I won't need it until July.