Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It is Monday kind of day

Good morning everyone. It is a very wet start to the day today. It rained last night and I mean it rained. We also had a thunderstorm. A lot of snow is gone this morning. But it was also snowing yesterday, a very wet snow that didn't stick to the ground. Then it changed over to rain. April showers bring May flowers, right?

Saturday was a very quiet day. Hubby still has the 'cold' and wasn't feeling well enough to go anywhere. So I continued to go through magazines. I can't believe that I had that many. I have a huge pile looking for a new home. I also worked on the baby quilt and might just finish that today. I think I will mail it to the baby herself, surprising her parents, LOL!! Yesterday I joined my brother and his wife for lunch. My birthday gift is an old telephone, working of course. He also fixed a couple of lawn wind spinners that needed repair. He also made me a thread holder when I hand quilt. Keeps the spool from falling an rolling across the floor. Yesterday was also the 33rd anniversary of my father's death. Where has the time gone?

Hubby has to work today so I will have the whole day to myself. Tomorrow is Victoria's Quilts day and I have a quilt or two to take with me.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is Monday kind of day

Good morning everyone.

My Monique, you’re a busy gal! Happy for you, that the snow is going......the man cold is going.....the unneeded magazines are going.....and your quilt projects are progressing......life is good!

We dodged the snow bullet. We got the downpours and flooding. We’re good, but so many others are in a bad way. It’s cold, but at least no more snow......for now.....

Saw some daffodils hiding in the corner of a neighbors yard.......could spring be near? I hope so....

Attachment 158630

Have lots to catch up on here. Hope everyone is well. Have a blessed day.

4. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We had a storm go through around 3 am. I also had the same thought yesterday — April showers bring May flowers.
    I am off to the hospital for surgery this morning. I have to stay over night. I hope this repair of the prolapse stays. Our pug is in the vet hospital getting her pneumonia treated. Never a dull moment here.

Have a good day.
    Beth

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Wow, you are one Energizer bunny, Monique. Are you going to Arnprior show? I was thinking you might ask the organizers if you can put the magazines on a 'Give' table, but then maybe some of your VQC ladies would like new inspiration. Oh we had heavy rain mostly all night. I think I heard thunder also, at first thinking it was a low plane. The cats were nervous.

Anita - glad to hear you are ok. Watching the weather channel this am, I heard that MO has declared a state of emergency, then Texas had tornadoes and Oregon flooding, and Manitoba is bracing for flooding from the Red River.

Beth - I will keep you in my thoughts today for a successful surgery and recovery. Hope the pug gets better.

Saturday was lovely shopping with GFs. I did splurge on an antique set of Minton bone china dishes. Complete set of 12, with no wear. I saw them in January, price had dropped and after some negotiation, got it for a great price. The good set of dishes I had were from 'grocery store weekly purchase' from over 45 years ago. Never liked them, but the price was right. I saw them in another antique store, so I may try and sell them. I figured they cost what I spend on fabric in a few months, so I will go on fabric diet for now.

Yesterday we met friends for brunch at a sugar bush. It was cloudy, but no rain. I bumped into several friends from high school. One lost her 2nd son a few years ago, and has bins of both of their clothing. She wants made into memory quilts. Since she doesn't sew, I suggested she discuss with quilters at an upcoming quilt show in her city. I am going to it, so I will make enquiries.

DH is really complaining about the off-gasing from our new recliners. He had to take a Reactin last night. I had not noticed, until I realized I am coughing a lot. They are leather, but he says he smells the wood from frame. Anyone have suggestions?

Gotta run. Getting car serviced and winter tires come off. Sorry to all, this usual means we will get more snow. It's like when you put away winter coats and boots. Snow happens.

Enjoy your day. Be safe from Mother Nature. Plan ahead and be prepared, in the event of another weather phenomenon.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; April 15th, 2019 at 08:45 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Monday Morning ~ Lovely day yest. with temps. in the 70's. It's supposed to be nice today, too. Love our Colo. sunshine! Sorry to see on the news all the bad storms & tornados in other parts of the country.

I finally made it to the sewing room yest.! I finished the FMQ on the border of the mini quilt, trimmed it up, got the binding sewn on the first side. It's ready to be turned, pinned, & sewn. It felt good to get something accomplished.

Today will be the usual laundry. I have some errands to run.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne I am going to try and get to that quilt show. Will you be going?
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! The weather felt more like winter weather this weekend but today we are suppose to be at 72 degrees. We didn't have any snow this weekend but places in south Missouri did. It was a very nice day yesterday. We had lunch with the in-laws after church. Then two of the children had a piano recital. Little one went to sleep on Grandma's lap just as it began. I was able to take him from her after the recital was over, carried him all the way to the van and just as I was putting him in the car seat, he woke up and wanted to go say bye to everyone. He really is not that little anymore, probably about 40 pounds.

Yesterday I was able to get signature on fabric at the autograph signing session for the auction/raffle quilt and worked on getting approval for the quilt. No final decision has been made yet that the quilt is for sure a go. However, I was finally able to talk to the person in charge and they have to do some checking. The thing was if I didn't get the signatures yesterday, there would not be another chance as some of the players are seniors and will graduate in a couple of weeks.

I found an easy spring quilt pattern that I want to make. I seen it earlier but had decided to wait to make the quilt. Apparently, it is very popular pattern as it was a challenge to track down the fabric that I needed to make it.

Several things on the agenda today which hopefully includes some time at the park for the children to play outside.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Monday!

I had the little kiddos this morning. Two bottomless pits today. Nana sent egg& sausage muffins for their breakfast. Snack an hour later, and the I'm hungries started an hour later. I'm not sure what to feed them to fill up tonight!

I'm getting tired of TV, that's for sure. I'm really missing my sewing room!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Suzanne I am going to try and get to that quilt show. Will you be going?
    I'm going to try. Going to Cornwall show on Friday Apr 26, Women's show on Saturday Apr 27 and if I can still drive and walk, I hope to make it to Arnprior on Saturday. I really enjoyed it the last time we went. It might be overload.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening everyone. Long day of work today so just getting here. Still ripping the quilting out of the border of charity quilt. At this stage, I'm hoping to finish the ripping and re-quilt it by Easter. We'll see.

Expecting work to continue to be a busy week but at least it's only 4 work days, since Friday is a holiday for the company where I'm working. Hope everyone has a good evening tonight and day tomorrow.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post