Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tulip time

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: tulip time

It will be too late for most spring flowers in No Georgia, perhaps there will be mountain laurel blooming though.
    We are in north central Alabama and here are some pictures of the end of our street and our sideways clematis.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0678.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	158609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0676.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	158610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0679.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	158611

2. Thanks dwil23, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh! Love the blooms! What a happy sight.

Gina

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, what a bountiful joyful spring you are having. Thank you for sharing

6. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    I don't think tulips will be in bloom in no. Georgia two weeks from now. I'm up in the mountains and we are two weeks behind Asheville. I know SO. Carolina tulips are almost done so I'm thinking you'll be seeing azaleas. One of my favoroite bushes of flowers. DH bought me 400 tulip bulbs for Christmas, so I am experiencing a Christmas wonder.
    That's what I was afraid of...... I LOVE azaleas, but I have those in my yard so not anything different. We are supposed to be going to a place I had never heard of - Gibbs Gardens - that hopefully will still have some daffodils blooming, but that will be iffy from what I see. My sister planned this trip and I think she should have made it a couple of weeks earlier . Claire your flowers are beautiful too!
    Donna

8. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I looked on there website (which doesn't appear to be updated since 2-018, and perhaps since things are blooming so early here in the south, you may have the rhododendrons. Our dogwoods are just now coming in and one of them is in full bloom which is weird that one is glorious and the others are just beginning. So maybe dogwoods and rhododendrons and azaleas and of course, the gardeners will have some wonderful annuals for you as well I bet. Have a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of...... I LOVE azaleas, but I have those in my yard so not anything different. We are supposed to be going to a place I had never heard of - Gibbs Gardens - that hopefully will still have some daffodils blooming, but that will be iffy from what I see. My sister planned this trip and I think she should have made it a couple of weeks earlier . Claire your flowers are beautiful too!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh what beautiful flowers and the colors take your breath away! I see out my window the 5 inches of snow we got yesterday. But at least the sun is shining and it stopped snowing. My GD's middle name is Azalea!

11. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm south of jjkaiser and we had 9 inches on the ground Monday Morning. it is pretty much gone today. Grass is green and the flowers are finally breaking out into the sunshine. I think about 2 weeks and will be blooming. My neighbor has a very pretty garden that he lets me visit, but I'm told "Don't touch" Your black thumb will doom my garden. LOL He knows I have been trying everything to get a garden going without success for almost 30 years. Oh that is a long time to keep making the same mistakes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Claire ~ I just now saw the posting of your beautiful flowers! Such wonderful color! Thanks for sharing.

14. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post