• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjkaiser
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Re: WiP April 12 - 18, 2019

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Some sit down long arm machines have stitch regulators that control how many stitches are done based on the speed of your hand movement. This was done by free motion following a chalk marked stencil design.
    Never feel stupid about something you haven't ever heard about.
    Thanks Claire. Good to know these things although I doubt I will ever get fancy like you. I am hopelessly old school.
    Jocelyn
    South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

You also can use whatever search engine you use -- Google, Bing, whatever -- and put in the question, What is a stitch regulator? There are articles & videos out there that will explain it. A stitch regulator is an optional item with longarm quilting machines -- both the stand up frames as well as the table top models. If a person has been FMQ on a DSM already, a stitch regulator is not necessary. I chose not to buy one when I bought my Baby Lock Tiara II >3 yrs. ago.

Comment

• MaryUK
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2016

I've not been doing a great deal of sewing of late, can't seem to settle on any larger projects and have also been helping DD make curtains and cushions.

However at my craft class last week I heard the hospital which takes our Linus quilts has put an urgent call out for their Paediatric High Dependency Unit (6 months to 16 years old patients). Well that certainly gave me a kick up the rear!!
        I've made a simple rail fence topper out of a Moda scrap bag which I've laid out to quilt tomorrow. I've also pulled out a topper made from orphan blocks which I've also prepped for tomorrow. I reckon that if I do SITD, I'll get both done.

Then as the family is away at Easter, and DH has fencing and things to do in the garden, I'll have 3 days to get some more finished.

It's surprising that when you hear of children in need, all thoughts of missing mojo go out of the window!!

Hope you all have a good week.

Comment

• RockinLou
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2014

hello friends - I've been doing a better job at sewing than dropping in the forum - I finished the top for a table runner this weekend, it was my January UFO project... but I think I should get bonus points for not having any UFOs and therefore an extension to start them all from scratch. (wink wink, being silly)

Just wanted to say hello -

Comment

Working...
          X