Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Saturday - yeah!

Good morning everyone.

We're up early. DH is volunteering today, so I am going with my GF Pat who still works, so her weekends are for fun. We are going to the hometown of Jim Naismith, the man who invented the game of basketball. Shopping is great on Main Street. Not that many stores but real treasures, and two quilt stores.yeah!

Yesterday, I visited mom. We took delivery of our new chairs for sunroom. Boy I could sleep in those. I also found someone who took our other recliners on a 'Buy nothing FB group'. I had started to reupholsted it a few years ago but lacked time. She is young and experienced sewist, so she was happy.

Then we went to the Persian restaurant. Oh my, the food was delicious. I had the lamb chops, others had the chicken kebabs, beef tenderloin, stews and salmon. Joy - I definitely love this type of food and not at all spicy. I don't do spicy. It's popular and the place was packed. We all came back to their home for coffee and birthday cake. Connie was especially happy with the friendship braid quilt. She loved it.

Gotta run, shower and get a move on the day. Temps are expected to be 15c/47F.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Saturday - yeah!

Happy Saturday!

It is going to be a lovely day today, highs in the low to mid 60's and sunny. I have a roofer coming over to Mom's house at 9:30 am. I tried to get him to come later, but he has to finish a job that was delayed by the rain yesterday. Mom doesn't do well in the mornings. Fortunately, my sister will be there. Between the two of us we should be able to keep her calm. He needs to check the attic to see if it was properly ventilated; the access is in the closet of my sister's bedroom. Which is right next to Mom's room. I have high hopes for this roofer, he was recommended through the city's heritage home program.

The lever on the bathtub faucet that sends the water to the shower head didn't want to work yesterday. I did a little research on the internet, it looks like I can replace the faucet without calling a plumber. I see a trip to the local Home Depot in my future.

We had a "celebrate our employer" day at work this past week. The boss bought all of her staff long-sleeved t-shirts, but mine was too small. Then I found out from her assistant we had to wear them on the special day. There wasn't time to get another one, so I took a page out of the 80's playbook, and turned the t-shirt into a jacket. Remember sweatshirt jackets? Same idea. The t-shirt fabric retracted a bit, giving it more of a fly-away effect. It was very popular, my co-workers thought I was wearing a sweater. Just goes to show that everything old can be new again!

Have a great weekend!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All,

The the guys came yesterday. I love this company! They brought the bucket truck with the chipper. One guy trimmed, and one chipped. All done and cleaned up in less than an hour.

Time to get busy doing something!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Skipped walking this morning since weather predictions were less than desirable, so I got to sleep in. Lowes delivered my 2 new chairs for the patio yesterday, so today I will try to assemble them. Mowed the lawn last night. If it doesn't rain anymore then maybe I can finish the weeding and shrub trimming later today. If not, that goes onto tomorrow's list. Still working on quilting the charity top with hearts. Finished the hearts, now working on sashing and borders.

Julie, good luck with the roofer and with the faucet thing. note, if you need a new faucet, buy the same brand. I learned the hard way that the different manufactures thread their connections differently. (at least back the last time I needed to do this)

Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Saturday.....I have been spring cleaning since 5:30 this morning. It's time for a break.

I sent hubby grocery shopping and hopefully I can get DH to start helping with the spring cleaning as well. The one room I would like to get started today is my sewing room; but, it will probably be last towards next weekend since I have to work tomorrow.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning -- at least for a few more min. ~ I'm baking DH's spelt bread today, so the house smells yummy. The 2nd loaf is in the oven now. I also have laundry going.

We woke up to a skiff of snow on the grass. Streets are clear. Mid-a.m. we had some flurries which didn't amount to anything. The sun is trying to shine. It's supposed to be 70 by Mon.

Yest. eve. the TV news announced we'd need to re-scan our TVs today. We have an antenna in the attic which picks up the over the air channels. My TV hasn't been scanned since it was set up by a friend last Aug. The TV channel's web site gave the steps on how to do it, plus I watched a YT video that was even more helpful. Apparently over the next 2 yrs. re-scanning may be needed numerous times, since the networks are updating things with the HD, etc. Well, at least now I know how to do it. And...a few channels I hadn't been able to get now are tuned in. Win-win.

I never made it to the sewing room yest., but I did get some vacuuming done. Suzanne mentioned getting some new chairs. I really need to find a new recliner. The one I have was used when we bought it years ago. It's looking pretty shabby. Because it's a more narrow chair than most of the recliners, it's been difficult to find the right size for that corner of the LR. I guess I'll have to make it a priority & do some shopping. With both DH & I needing crown preps this mo., that's an added expense, but I'm sure there is enough for a chair, if only I could find the right one.

I hope everyone has a good week end.
    Last edited by JCY; April 13th, 2019 at 02:54 PM.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It was a lovely sunny day today but terribly windy. At least it will dry things up and melt the snow away. I continued to purge magazines today and I must have well over 50 and maybe even close to 100 of them to get rid of. At least that job is done. I have kept the ones that have a pattern I like in it. I think I will just copy the one I like and then put it in the giveaway pile. Not sure yet what I will do with them, no one wants to buy them.

Hubby is still sick with the cold so we didn't go anywhere today and I doubt we will go anywhere tomorrow either. My brother has hinted that maybe I can go and have lunch with them tomorrow. We'll see.

Enjoy the rest of the day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique - it's too bad that I didn't get a table in Hintonburg fabric sale this year. I found it easy to bundle magazines together and priced them to sell and/or give to those who express an interest. I gave away lots of sewing stuff that way. My friend has a table, so I may go and help. I hope DH feels better soon.

It was super windy in Almonte - blown away and dusty.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique ~ We have a "free" table at our guild mtgs. where people can donate mags., books, fabric, whatever, & others can take them. Things usually get taken.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post