Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Ok. Thanks. That seems do-able for me.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    I fully understand your decision, and I have gone through periods where I will not order. Then I hear some people are getting their packages. So there I go, ordering again.

I placed 2 orders in March. I got one 3 weeks later. I am still waiting for a large order placed on March 14. That's almost a month, and tracking shows its still in Newark Nj since March 18. Really???

I support your decision.
    Isn't the real issue with you waiting soooo long for packages to be delivered to you a problem with Customs? I would think that would be more of a problem than anything else.
    I have a freind who lives in Ontario and she has family living near Niagara Falls on the USA side, so as a rule she will have the packages mailed to her family that lives here in the USA, otherwise she has said that it is basically a nightmare due to customs at times.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

3. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Al! It's nice to know that you read these comments and the concerns of your customers and then do your best to address them. I have never had a problem getting my items from you guys in a timely manner. But it's always nice to have options for shipping and thank you for offering them.

Beyond that... wishing you all the best with all the exciting things you have going on in your life right now!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

5. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't place an online order with them in the last few months. When I last ordered I didn't see any info in the ordering process that promised any specific date it would be delivered. So why do you think 10 or 11 days is too long to wait?

Sue

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildernessquilter View Post
    I haven't place an online order with them in the last few months. When I last ordered I didn't see any info in the ordering process that promised any specific date it would be delivered. So why do you think 10 or 11 days is too long to wait?

Sue
    Because I can get the same things in 3-5 days from anyone else. That and I only live about 150 miles from the store, and shouldn't HAVE to wait nearly 2 weeks for what I can get from cross-country in that 3-5 day time. Just simple, sensible logistics. DON"T send my stuff to southern Mississippi then all that way BACK again. It arrives in pretty sad shape.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    Because I can get the same things in 3-5 days from anyone else. That and I only live about 150 miles from the store, and shouldn't HAVE to wait nearly 2 weeks for what I can get from cross-country in that 3-5 day time. Just simple, sensible logistics. DON"T send my stuff to southern Mississippi then all that way BACK again. It arrives in pretty sad shape.
    aren't you glad you don't have to wait like that anymore. What a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Al for taking steps in the right direction. :-)

As I see it now:

5-12 days shipping $5
    1-5 days shippiing $7 (would probably take 4 days to me)
    1-2 days $12

OR order from someone who uses priority mail and get it in 2 days for $5-7.

But again Al, thanks for giving us options!

Also, just wondering how Fed Ex gets "ground shipments" to us in 1-5 days but FedEx Smartpost takes 5-12? Aren't those also "ground shipments"?
    Donna

10. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    Thanks Al for taking steps in the right direction. :-)

As I see it now:

5-12 days shipping $5
    1-5 days shippiing $7 (would probably take 4 days to me)
    1-2 days $12

OR order from someone who uses priority mail and get it in 2 days for $5-7.

But again Al, thanks for giving us options!

Also, just wondering how Fed Ex gets "ground shipments" to us in 1-5 days but FedEx Smartpost takes 5-12? Aren't those also "ground shipments"?
    Just to shed a bit of light here, ground shipping is different from the smart post in the service level (Ground is a service level where shipping times are guaranteed where smart post is just a range)

Ground shipping is actually much better than you'd think, take a look at this map of delivery times -

you'll see about half the country is 2 day shipping for that service, with 85% in the 3 day range. 5 days is just covering our bases in case you're in a corner of maine where the mail comes every other tuesday.

Priority is great, but we ship millions of packages a year, I promise you the post office isn't magical and screws up a huge percentage of packages and shipping times. I've quit listening to shipping providers promises and started listening just to the data a long time ago. We've used UPS, USPS, and Fedex all extensively now, so we have some pretty good data on shipping realities we're going off of. Not to say fedex is the best, but they're a good solution for right now, if we can get a better service for a good price, we'll go to them. We're focused on service levels now though

I love it when we get all nerdy in here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEDEX-zoness.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	158795  

12. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when we get all nerdy in here

Ooo I love visual aids! Am I the only one who thought "That would make a cool quilt!"?

14. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I live just outside the pink area below MO. So WHY does Smart(?)post send all my stuff from you all the way to southern Miss, and then have to ship it ALL the way back again?