Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

I hope someone is mapping all this to see where the problem spots are.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

2. Thanks EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I remain amazed that this forum is offered for all of our enjoyment and that differing opinions(from my perspective ) are allowed. This isn't the case with every forum.

4. Thanks SallyO'Sews, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This Forum is a great place to visit! I've learned so much from the interchange here & made new friends. This is my only "social media". I don't do Facebook or any others.

6. Thanks EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've probably adopted kind of a middle of the road attitude: If I need it fast, I order elsewhere. But if I'm just building my stash—which is about 90% of my purchases—I'll buy from M*. I will always love Jenny and her family. But reality is reality, and deadlines must be met.

Does anyone know who the new CEO of M* is? I've never heard who got the top spot.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post

Does anyone know who the new CEO of M* is? I've never heard who got the top spot.
    When Al, Sarah and David Mifsud (I think I got the last name right) retired, David's brother Mike was hired as the new CEO. The original 3 hold places on the Board of Directors
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

9. Thanks SallyO'Sews, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    When Al, Sarah and David Mifsud (I think I got the last name right) retired, David's brother Mike was hired as the new CEO. The original 3 hold places on the Board of Directors
    Thank you, Karen. If the new CEO is David's brother, this really is still a family business!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When I first started ordering from them MSQ my orders would be to me fairly fast, then there was a slow down if I ordered cut yardage. It still seemed like the daily deal or precuts still got here fairly fast.

I have noticed for awhile now that regardless of what I order its processed in a timely manner but, sits in different towns from North Carolina, Georgia and others sometimes for days. I don't have this problem with any other company I order from .
    I love MSQ and this forum and I hope they get this problem straightened out soon.

13. Thanks shermur, brinasmemaw, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    When I first started ordering from them MSQ my orders would be to me fairly fast, then there was a slow down if I ordered cut yardage. It still seemed like the daily deal or precuts still got here fairly fast.

I have noticed for awhile now that regardless of what I order its processed in a timely manner but, sits in different towns from North Carolina, Georgia and others sometimes for days. I don't have this problem with any other company I order from .
    I love MSQ and this forum and I hope they get this problem straightened out soon.
    I only have this problem with any package that comes to me by FedEx smartpost. I will take 4 days to get to me from the sorting facility that is only an hour away.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
    This is how it was for me years ago. In fact I even posted about it here and on Facebook. I would often get my order with in 2 days, 3 tops. It was unbelievable I have no idea what changed. I have been patient and tried to remain optimistic. But 11 days is unreasonable. I order from other sites and this is not the norm.
    Again, I feel bad about my decision. And would gladly start up again if things change. But for now. I'm just done.

I will stay on the Forum though. Too much goodness here!
    Libby... We have all had issues with getting things in the mail and I am really sorry you are sooo frustrated. I often wonder just how many packages go out of MSQC's warehouse each day,and when they have the FREE SHIPPING DAYS...well, we all KNOW how crazy FREE SHIPPING MUST be even for the workers on the FREE SHIPPING DAYS!!!
    My DH made several "smart-aleck" comments about how awesome I think the forum is (ALL of you here on the forum are just amazing. I enjoy interacting with y'all.....I really do, and I have missed you all so much!) AMAZING of course and I suppose I get carried away talking about quilts and sewing, etc. so, Just prior to me getting really sick a while back, he said to me one day " Would you like to move to Hamilton,MO so you can get a part-time job?" Ohhhh...honey, don't TEMPT me!!! Of COURSE we all know that if I did work for MSQC I wouldn't make any money because all my wages would go for fabrics and other things MSQC sells LOL!

I really feel bad for any of you that have had the misfortune to have to wait 11 days or longer!!! Hopefully this will get noticed and by some great FABRIC QUILT BLOCK in the SKY.....MSQC will figure out a better shipping method!!

Again Libby...(and anyone else that has had a shipping issue) I feel bad for you. (((((HUGS))))

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, just wanted to chime in here again. Thank you again for being so respectful, kind, and hopeful as you share your frustrations.

A few things of note, we are definitely still a family business. We still own the company, there's no outside money in here trying to shake things up, nothing like that. I just wanted to try some new stuff, as most of you know two weeks after I stepped back from the day to day operations I met my wife, then a year and a half after I started Let's Make Art with a friend from college (which is now a subsidiary of MSQC) and I have a few more cool ideas of things that would be fun and risky to build I get to keep trying.

Mike (my best friends little brother) is actually pretty incredible. He got some major software upgrades to happen and has assembled a world class team in the fulfilment space to help fix our issues. We have people from Hallmark, Diapers.com, Amazon and more in there solving the problem of how to cut and ship fabric better than anyone else on the planet. I'm incredibly excited about the next 6 months, the industry has never seen some of the big things we're building right now.

That being said, I read every post on this thread and it's kind of a heartbreak. We owe your loyalty a better service than what you've been getting, or at least a choice. Give me till the end of next week, I'll have something in place for the meantime, it'll probably just be a ground shipping option or something, but a way for you to choose how much to spend and how long to wait. Sorry it took so long to get going, we were kind of holding our breath until the big ideas came through, but you all are spot on, we can fix this now. Hang on a few and we'll get it going.