Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Well after my earlier comments this morning, my package from M* arrived. That's 28 days from the time it shipped from M*.

I noticed that it sat in FedEx in Newark, NJ since the 18/3, arrived in Canada yesterday and delivered in less than 24 hrs.
    I think it is the US side of FedEx that is the problem.

I do hope they resolve this issue.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnightline View Post
    We've all been spoiled by Amazon and the instantly shipped item. While I agree that the longer it takes for an item to arrive, the more frustrating it is, I don't think 11 days shipping is a horrendous affront to decency that requires boycotting a seller. (Obviously if you need fabric in a hurry for a project, that's different...)

I'm not sure I can list an online fabric shop that is consistently faster than MSQC (except one that happens to be in-state for me). That's not to say that MSQC is the fastest, but rather that every shop and every carrier has delays now and again. Until we get replicators like they had in Star Trek, we won't be getting ordered fabric instantly any time soon.
    I don't order from Amazon so I wouldn't know. I do shop 4 other fabric stores and a couple used book stores. ALL are consistently faster than *M, time to distance. Items from halfway across the country get here days faster than MStar, which only has a short distance to travel
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

4. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I feel compelled to join in the conversation this time around. Iíve followed MSQC since it started and have felt a certain sense of loyalty and pride in their success. Unfortunately, these have been really tested because of the shipping undependability. Iíve found their prices are usually in line with other online stores, and the shipping has been faster from the other places. If my buying patterns resemble othersí habits, it seems like the online sales may suffer. Itís not the speed that the orders are processed, that's not a problem; itís the shipping. Thereís no reason to use shipping that takes so long to reach the customer if customer service is a goal.

(This has been reposted from the previous squeaky wheel thread, but I just wanted to offer support to all of us who unfortunately have been disappointed.)

6. Thanks dwil23, SuzanneOrleansOntario, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I feel ya. I order from fqs and M* mostly but have really slowed down my ordering from M* because packages take so long. I recently placed an order with shabby fabrics and my order was here in 3 days, very similar to fqs shipping times.
    Pam

8. Thanks shermur, dwil23, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnightline View Post
    We've all been spoiled by Amazon and the instantly shipped item. While I agree that the longer it takes for an item to arrive, the more frustrating it is, I don't think 11 days shipping is a horrendous affront to decency that requires boycotting a seller. (Obviously if you need fabric in a hurry for a project, that's different...)

I'm not sure I can list an online fabric shop that is consistently faster than MSQC (except one that happens to be in-state for me). That's not to say that MSQC is the fastest, but rather that every shop and every carrier has delays now and again. Until we get replicators like they had in Star Trek, we won't be getting ordered fabric instantly any time soon.
    I have never actually ordered fabric on Amazon.com so I can't really agree with you here. I do use it, and because I pay annually for prime I expect fast delivery, and free. I get what I pay for.

I think "a horrendous affront to decency" is a little over stated, but ok. I'm also not boycotting anything. I am just choosing to use a different resource. I can list a few online resources that are quicker than 11 days shipping, and it's reasonable to expect. Like I said, I have been a real hold out on this issue for more than a year, and have voiced my support of Missouri Star many times. I am just done. I don't expect instant. I don't believe a delivery time less than 2 weeks is a lot to expect. When things change, and I believe they will, I'll begin again. Until then....yeah.
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

10. Thanks dwil23, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think the biggest issue that most people are having is that M* started out shipping packages to people by USPS priority mail. They grew, filling orders got slow during the growth and building and switch over to the new warehouse. Before the slow fulfilment was fixed they switched to UPS Sure post which added slower shipping in on top of slow fulfilment. They got the fulfilment issues mostly worked out and then switched to FedEx Crapmail and it is taking just as long as when the warehouse was new. The carrier choice is made by M*, who promised things would get better, but because of their carrier choice it it still taking 10 days to 2 weeks for US customers to have their fabric in hand.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

12. Thanks brinasmemaw, dwil23, EnumclawGramma, TMP thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

You people take the cake....let's see if I can remember my post in December, suggesting to stop ordering if you're so dissatisfied with shipping. And you people were like a shark attach smelling fresh blood in the water. And Libby you were one of those who criticized me badly, your response was "Nah. I'll also pass on the whole boycott thing. I've been with this company for far too long, watching the growing pains and joys. I can hang in while they get the shipping wiggles out. And they will. Guaranteed!"
    So....I will repeat myself to all who are dissatisfied Stop Ordering ! Walking away with your pocket book is the only way to get their attention period.

14. Thanks mommadeb, brinasmemaw, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have often wondered if M* choice of shipping methods is limited by 2 factors. 1. They are located in a very rural area 75 miles from the nearest big city, so choosing a postal carrier that gives faster service may not be available to them from this location and 2. Their flat rate shipping cost of $5 limits which carrier is economically feasible.

Would you be willing to pay more to get your package faster? I know I would pay extra for expedited shipping if I needed something quickly. They used their local post office for years, can you imagine a small post office in a quiet rural town getting inundated with huge quantities of packages every day?

It's too bad a good business like this can be crippled by this delivery problem. I myself ( who lives 225 miles from Hamilton, and near a big city) have not experienced delivery issues. So international and rural deliveries may have routing roadblocks that cause your deliveries to be delayed.

I know this subject has been discussed a lot on this forum, it needs to be addressed by the company to do within their powers to fix issues. But they can't fix what is out of their control once it is out of their facility. But as one person said, they can research other choices for shipping that works better for all of their customers.

16. Thanks MSN, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

ktdid, I recall that. I think the response to you had to do with the cantor you rode in on. You did two posts if I recalled, both negative in nature and wanting people to boycott the company because you were unhappy.

The response was basically..... Whoa, little pony, you'll not find many willing to jump right up into your little saddle.

Different approach....different response.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

18. Thanks MSN, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should Whoa, I NEVER said I was dissatisfied, I said If YOU people were dissatisfied, to stop complaining and do something different. It was as I said a "Suggestion" to try and do something to get a response from M*

20. Thanks mommadeb, auntstuff thanked for this post