Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I still have no complaints. It's rare, if ever, that I get mine in more than 7 days. I've even gotten them within 4 days. :-)
    This is how it was for me years ago. In fact I even posted about it here and on Facebook. I would often get my order with in 2 days, 3 tops. It was unbelievable I have no idea what changed. I have been patient and tried to remain optimistic. But 11 days is unreasonable. I order from other sites and this is not the norm.
    Again, I feel bad about my decision. And would gladly start up again if things change. But for now. I'm just done.

I will stay on the Forum though. Too much goodness here!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Libby...my birthday sister! I totally understand what you mean. Since November 2015, it seems that my orders with M* have taken longer and longer. I still love Jenny and the Doans; they have accomplished much in 10 years with the quilting world. I hold them ever dear. But, you're right...it is unacceptable on how long it takes to receive an order and it should not take as long as it does. In the beginning (starting in 2013) I ordered at least twice a month. Now, I am lucky to order once every other month and ordering cut yardage is almost unthinkable.
    I, too, have looked for other companies that can get my product to me much sooner than 8-13 days delivery time. My last order with M* was the latest Mod Block. The package sat for three full days in Ohio before it moved to Connecticut. Then, it took another 2 days to make the trip from Connecticut to Vermont? I have said it before.....the more hands that touch the package, the longer it will take. I can't make sense of why this is saving anyone any money.....
    Friday , 3/29/201910:28 am RUTLAND, VT - Delivered
    Package delivered by U.S. Postal Service to addressee
    8:17 amRUTLAND, VT
    Out for delivery
    Out for delivery with the U.S. Postal Service
    Thursday , 3/28/201911:43 amRUTLAND, VT
    At U.S. Postal Service facility

8:43 amRUTLAND, VT
    In transit
    In transit to U.S. Postal Service
    Wednesday , 3/27/20197:19 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST WINDSOR, CT
    Departed FedEx location
    6:36 pm
    Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
    Tuesday , 3/26/201968 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST WINDSOR, CT
    Arrived at FedEx location
    4:56 amWOODBRIDGE TWP, NJ
    In transit
    Saturday , 3/23/20196:47 amFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVEPORT, OH
    Departed FedEx location
    Friday , 3/22/201910:53 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVEPORT, OH
    67 pmGROVEPORT, OH
    In transit
    2:33 amFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
    Departed FedEx location
    Thursday , 3/21/201911:24 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST OLATHE, KS
    12:20 am
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks dwil23, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I still have no complaints. It's rare, if ever, that I get mine in more than 7 days. I've even gotten them within 4 days. :-)
    Same for me. I have never had a problem with shipping or customer service.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I still lived in Missouri......I would hope I wouldn't have the shipping issues I have had since moving away.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Once my packages are shipped it goes to 4 different sorting facilities. 3 just in the st louis area. Earth City, to St Louis, to E St Louis. It has already gone back to St Louis or Earth City from Illinois. FedEx smartpost is the worst ever. If my package has an estimated delivery date of the 10th and it reaches the area by the 7th, it will sit at one of the sorting facilities for 3 days till the estimated delivery date. When I order from The Fat Quarter Shop I get my order in 2 or 3 days. I know The FQS had switched shippers at one point and deliveries were taking forever. They listened to the customer complaints and went back to their original shipping method. I still order the daily deals when I like them but for yardage I might need I look elsewhere.

8. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I fully understand your decision, and I have gone through periods where I will not order. Then I hear some people are getting their packages. So there I go, ordering again.

I placed 2 orders in March. I got one 3 weeks later. I am still waiting for a large order placed on March 14. That's almost a month, and tracking shows its still in Newark Nj since March 18. Really???

I support your decision.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks dwil23, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't count on it. I live just over the border and all mine goes to Mississippi first, then has to come back. Takes almost 2 weeks.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have avoided commenting on the shipping issue up to this point. One - I'm one of those people who like to touch the fabric and compare colors so I don't order online much. Two - I love M*, the Doans and what they have built. If I ordered fabric it was usually from the FQS and I usually received it within a few days (usually 3). Then I discovered M* so ordered a couple times. This was before the shipping issues I have heard about on the forums. I was very surprised that my orders took nearly two weeks. This was just not acceptable to me after being used to the shipping from FQS. Then this week I've had another shipping experience, not fabric but still. I placed an order on Mon, actually Mon evening. I just checked tracking and it is out for delivery today. And this was free shipping because I had spent over $50. I don't know what the answer is to the shipping issue with M* but I hope they resolve it. It is a shame to lose customers because of this problem.

13. Thanks dwil23, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I do not order as frequently as most of you (that posted here) but my shipping issues are not anywhere near what you have been experiencing. I consider that anything that is mailed, trucked, flown or whatever, will take as long as it takes. I never order anything that I will need in a time sensitive case because it just isn't reasonable to expect it to arrive in time. Unless you want to pay for expedited shipping, $5 is a bargain these days. Maybe M* should give us a choice on how much we want to pay and how fast we want it delivered??
    I have been watching these posts of dissatisfying deliveries and wonder why the "squeaky" wheel has not been oiled. It seems the same folks are still expecting different results to the same question. Isn't that the definition of insanity? (I am posting in good humor, please do not take offence, I realize not everyone shares my sense of humor.)
    All in all, I still think M* is an outstanding company.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

15. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, sydneybean thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We've all been spoiled by Amazon and the instantly shipped item. While I agree that the longer it takes for an item to arrive, the more frustrating it is, I don't think 11 days shipping is a horrendous affront to decency that requires boycotting a seller. (Obviously if you need fabric in a hurry for a project, that's different...)

I'm not sure I can list an online fabric shop that is consistently faster than MSQC (except one that happens to be in-state for me). That's not to say that MSQC is the fastest, but rather that every shop and every carrier has delays now and again. Until we get replicators like they had in Star Trek, we won't be getting ordered fabric instantly any time soon.