Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    I live just outside the pink area below MO. So WHY does Smart(?)post send all my stuff from you all the way to southern Miss, and then have to ship it ALL the way back again?
    The image was for the Ground service, smart post is a beast all to its own. It's the same logic with airlines where sometimes the cheaper flight has 3 layovers instead of the direct, it doesn't make sense to me while I'm sitting in indianapolis on my way to seattle from california, but to some accountant at an airline it's genius.

2. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    The image was for the Ground service, smart post is a beast all to its own. It's the same logic with airlines where sometimes the cheaper flight has 3 layovers instead of the direct, it doesn't make sense to me while I'm sitting in indianapolis on my way to seattle from california, but to some accountant at an airline it's genius.

You're coming to SEATTLE!!!???
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
    You're coming to SEATTLE!!!???
    It's like my flight from Seattle to Akron, via Newark, then getting cancelled....wanting me to fly to Chicago the next morning (four hours) and back to Akron! I said, no thanks, give me a direct flight to Cleveland!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I work for a distributor of art & drafting supplies. Many of our customers are Internet retailers; we ship directly to their customers. My job includes filing carrier claims with FedEx, UPS, and LTL trucking companies. We ship most packages FedEx because a former boss of mine was given a deal by FedEx, the upshot of which states that the more packages we ship, the cheaper the rate. That said, I don't remember the last time we paid only $5 to ship anything anywhere. I file several loss/damage claims with FedEx a week.

We have had more than one Internet retailer request that we never ship via SmartPost, because it takes so much longer, and because once the package has been handed off to USPS, there is no way to figure out who causes any damage or loss.

I have no answers, but I can certainly see where the problems can be upsetting.

6. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post