Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default batting has right/wrong side

2. Thanks cv quilter, Granny Fran, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: batting has right/wrong side

Yep, I did...and in fact I actually re-basted a double bed quilt (pin basting mind you, not spray baste.....) when I realised I had "laid" the batting on the wrong way! Mind you, that was a few years ago and since then I have read differing opinions on which way is best to place your batting so I guess it boils down to personal preference.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I learned this recently, but I have to say in over twenty years of quilting (and not knowing about right/wrong side for batting) I have never had an issue so I don't know that it really makes a whole lot of difference for machine quilting in the end. Maybe as far as ease of quilting goes it is more of an issue for hand quilters? Anyway, always good to learn new things but I doubt at this stage I will worry about it either - lol. I use Hobbs 80/20 and have for many years. I recently checked their packaging and it says it is lightly needle punched. Maybe a batting more heavily needle punched would be more of an issue for right vs. wrong sides.
    Last edited by Suzette; April 10th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great information. I did know that, but I like that this gives specific info and I printed it out. I will keep this info on my batting roll.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I diidnt know this either. I am a hand quilter but I doubt I would notice any difference in difficulty. I think there's 3 ways to do everything: the right way, the wrong way, and your way. I'm sticking with the last one.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Not all batting does....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.