• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starlover
    The Guild President
    • Nov 2013

Stitch Regulators

I'm thinking of buying a new machine with a stitch regulator. I've been quilting on my Brother, but my stitches are never even.
    Tried googling for stitch regulator machines and it gave me all sorts of sewing machines with no stitch regulators. Does anyone know if you can buy these machines now for under $1000?
  • Vonnie
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2013

Re: Stitch Regulators

Try this link:
    The BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) adapts precisely to your current sewing speed to produce absolutely consistent stitching.

Talk to a dealer and see if they can give you a deal on a used Bernina.

Looks like just the foot is $1000!
    Vonnie

Comment

• Vonnie
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2013

Some stitch regulators for sit down machines or regular sewing machines are awkward. I know the one Babylock has is really awkward to use. But I have heard good things about the Bernina stitch regulator.
      Vonnie

Comment

• Auntie Uli
        Designer Diva
        • May 2015

I tested a Bernina 770 with stitch regulator and I didn’t like it at all. Please test the machine and the regulator before you make this decision, I couldn’t understand why people are making a fuss about it, but this is very much personal preference
        Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

• just4me
          Designer Diva
          • Jan 2016

I'm of the same opinion as Auntie Uli. I had a Bernina 7 series machine with a stitch regulator and I found it distracting. I ended up not using it. (Don't have the Bernina anymore either.) Do try it first...it may very well be your "cup of tea" but if it's not......it's a financial outlay you may not want to make.

Comment

• Spiff
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

I have a Bernina with a stitch regulator. I do find it helps but it is not a total solution. You still need to try to keep a steady even flow or your stitches will still not be the same length. But it does help some.
            Debbie

Comment

• quiltingaway
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2014

I would recommend test driving one. I was pretty comfortable with FMQ and my stitch length but my friend got a Bernina with a stitch regulator. I tried sewing on it and it was very distracting for me and I didn't like it. My friend loves it but it was the first machine she FMQ on so she just got used to it.
              Annie
              "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

I didn't buy the stitch regulator for the Sweet 16. It looked awkward to use, and the dealer wasn't encouraging us to add this feature. I still don't have stitch length perfected and probably never will, so I guess I can live with this. I think if I had a standing LA itwould be standard.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

Thanks Suzanne. I bought Juki sit down that doesn't have a stitch regulator and I am OK with it. It would be nice to have perfectly even stitches but mine are getting better and better with practice.
                  Since I ripped some out recently I am glad they were a bit long.
                  Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Deegles
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2014

I found that stitch regulation was not needed as long as you have a variable speed foot control. That helped me tremendously as the speed on a reg one is either full throttle or stop. I hope this helps.
                    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X