Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Stash

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stash

I am not really a scrappy quilter therefore I have a lot of scaps. I was thinking of selling them at a quilt fair but am not
    sure how to do this. I was thinking of measuring and labeling them but was not sure what price should go on them. How would you price 1 yard, 1/2 yard, 1/4 yard, fat quarter or smaller.
    Thank you

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stash

Maybe separate into small groups of similar colors and sell them by the bag.

3. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think scraps sorted into ziplocs by either color or theme (Christmas, Halloween, baby) might sell for around $5 a bag, or anyways I would probably not pay more than that. One yard I would price at $4-5, a half yard, $2-3, etc. Again that is what I would want to pay, but you might get a lot of diff opinions on that. We have a group in the Forum here called I Don't Want It, You Can Have It. You cannot sell there but you can list things you don't want and ask someone to trade. For example you have assorted scraps you could post them and that you are interested in trading for 1930's fabrics, or batiks, or all reds, etc.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I might consider buying precuts. I especially liked fat quarters and fat eighths. I would probably stop ata fat quarter for 1 or 2 dollar table.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Our guild lets people rent tables to sell unwanted things at our sit and sews. Generally fabric is $2-4 a yard and fat quarters are $.50 -1.00 or 6 for $5.
    I don't consider 1/2 yard pieces to be scrap, it has to be lots smaller than that.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

You could also let them choose their fabrics - stuff a zip loc bag for $4 or something similar.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

the problem with selling at a quilt fair is that you have to pay rent to set up a table. Do you have enough scraps to make that profitable? Or are you going to be there anyway.? In that case, all of the above suggestions are valid. Otherwise, maybe craigslist or a local flea market.