• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Monday hellos!!

Good morning from a very wet wet rainy day and they are predicting freezing rain today as well. I hope not, I don't have to go anywhere but hubby has to go to work.

I had a busy day yesterday. We left early, picked up my brother-in-law and drove to the city. Dropped him off at this daughter's place, we picked Greg up and went to the antique market. Neither Greg nor I bought anything but Les bought a couple of Moorcroft pieces. From there stopped for a bite, back to Greg's where both Les and I had wee naps. Everyone met back at the racetrack for supper. A wonderful time was had by all.

My sister-in-law loved the quilt and pillowcases. I did take pictures. I will need to get them off my camera.

I think today I will start our taxes. Seems like a good day to do that while I am alone today. I can't do it with people looking over my shoulder.

So have a wonderful day friends.

P/S Les is starting the 'man cold'
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Monday hellos!!

Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning, All ~ A much milder morning today; it's 56. Yest. we had 80 deg. again. Today & tomorrow are supposed to be very nice as well.

The Liberty Quartet concert last eve. was wonderful. So inspirational. I bought 2 CDs.

I hope to get some housework done today. Still hopeful to get to the sewing room.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

It amazes me that Co is warmer than Alabama, lol. We have had rain this weekend but only at night, hope it has washed the pollen down and out. I want to clean up our screened porch so I can sit there without sneezing.
        I cut out the remainder of 20 carpenter star blocks from 30s fabric yesterday. It mush be 1000 hst or maybe more. It will be a lifetime project to get all those 2 1/2" hst sewn and squared. I have a two day in town retreat coming up so will have plenty to keep me busy. I probably need to take another project so I can have relief from all the hst.
        Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• grammaterry
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2015

We are having glorious spring days with intermittent rain which is good for watering that new back yard seed. The tulips are blooming, the peonies are peeking the hostas's are leafing and oh my, the dandelions!! I've been digging for three days and they keep on coming. And when I am so tired from yard work, I sew
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

• pcbatiks
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Hey Monique, speaking of Man Colds, have you seen these videos? Too funny!

For God's sake, woman, he's a man, he's got a man cold!

There are no sick days for Moms. Men on the other hand, seem to turn into children when they get a cold. Does your man suffer the "Man Cold" when he is sick?...
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Good morning all,
              It was pouring rain all night on our metal roof, so sleep was light. There is a warning of freezing rain with more snow. It should be ok later today as I have an eye appointment. I am starting to get anxious for warm weather. It gives me hope when I hear of everyone's garden.

Yesterday was baby M christening. It was lovely and attended by DIL large Lebanese extended family. Their church is stunning with very traditional craftsmen woodwork and murals. The feast afterwards was held at a restaurant that opened just for the event. All the food was traditional, and the platters of food kept coming. There was something for everyone. There were about 15-20 kids under 10 of age, and they had food planned dishes for them when they got there. Lots of pictures taken, and ohhh.... the dessert table was all homemade. DIL called this morning, we forgot to take some home, so we are getting a treat box later today.

I spoke to my mom's cousin Saturday. Their son, 64, is starting chemo and radiation, stage 4 on Tuesday. He had 2 surgeries in past month on his head/brain. This is not good news, but mom's cousin is in denial as her son is taking it all in stride. They lost 2 other children to cancer. This is difficult for them. I am going to check to see if we can get a man VQC quilt for him. If not, I can whip one up quickly, I hope. I lost my BFF to a brain cancer years ago, painful. Please keep him in your prayers.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay dry. Stay warm.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

Good Morning! Sunshine here for the moment. On Friday and Saturday dh and I were at a conference then on Sunday I got nothing done due to a horrid migraine. I am a little tired today from the migraine. I have some errands to run and some things to get done around the house then I am hoping to get some binding on a project this evening.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

Good morning!

Had the little ones this morning. Did alright until Zeke flooded and filled his diaper. Mike had to get up to help change him. The pants, shirt, and rug are in the dryer now. Jim's bringing pizza and cake for dinner. I'm going to pick up salad stuff to go with it.

Lifting prayers for those in need and praise for all of our blessings.
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2013

Terry ~ I recently read someone's opinion that we just should let the dandelions grow for the bees. Since so many pesticides used on dandelions & other weeds are killing off the bees, they suggested we not treat the dandelions. When I was a kid, people used to just let their dandelions grow all over their yard. I remember picking some one day on the way home from school to put in the paper May basket I'd made for my mom. I think letting the dandelions grow would not go over very big with most folks who want a nice green lawn, but it's food for thought.

Claire ~ Our temp. already is up to 82 deg., & we're not even to the warmest part of the day yet. I was just reading a weather forecast for mid-week with this latest storm headed our way. It sounds like Neb., the Dakotas, Wisc. will be the hardest hit with chances of heavy snowfall, which later will contribute to spring flooding. I'm just wishing I had the energy to get out in the yard & do some weeding. I think I will set out the sprinklers. Everything really is dry.

I made it to the sewing room this a.m., but only long enough to mend a couple things.

Comment

• PamelaOry
                      Applique Angel
                      • Jan 2019

Good afternoon All.
                      Really, really, wet day here. Our backyard is completely flooded. I have no idea how the daffodils continue to grow and don’t float away.

I got our taxes done this weekend. We lost several deductions/credits. Thankfully we were still in the green but many people we know have had to pay, including my 17 yr. old son...from his after school job.

I’m having fun playing with wool applique still. Hubby lost my brand new light box I ordered over Christmas so I decided to buy another one, it will be here in 2 days....amazon shipping still blows my mind.
                      Pam

Comment

Working...
                      X