Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On-line fabric ordering?

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    Backsidefabrics.com will send up to 10 samples free. Once I place an order it usually arrives in a couple of days.
    Thanks, That's a name I had not heard of before. I have ordered from fabrics.com and joann.com but I have a pretty limited experience in ordering fabs. Maybe part of my hesitation is losing the fun of feeling, seeing and oohhng and awing over the new fabs. GF and I haven't had time to go on a shopping trip for awhile.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Living in Australia, I decided to order some well known, fabric online from a large, well known, overseas company. It arrived, and to me the quality was a bit of a disappointment but having never purchased that brand of fabric before as it was usually out of my price range, I put it down to my not being familiar with it and thought nothing more of it, using a small amount for my project at the time. About a year later I pulled it out of my stash and decided to use it in a quilt so I took it to my local LQS to find a complimentary fabric. The store owner looked at my fabric and promptly showed me the "same" fabric on her shelf....the difference between the 2 fabrics was gobsmacking and in my opinion I'd been sold an inferior fabric either deliberately or by mistake. It's too late to complain to the company...too much time has passed and I've used some of it but rest assured I'll never purchase online again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KS Farm Girl View Post
    Thanks, you have confirmed what I suspected. PC monitors can distort the colors but sticking to a design group is a good bet. I had just ordered a quilt backing that was not as dark as I expected/wanted. But it's one that I will be able to use in the future, just not exactly what I wanted for this project. It is royal blue, not navy blue. My error, I probably clicked on the wrong one when placing the order. Some projects I am extremely picky about my color choices, but others not so much. The one on the table at the moment is very much a stash-buster so has all types of colors, prints and designs. But I do have one in mind for a future project that I will want perfect color and pattern coordination. For that one I'll probably spend as much time in the fabric store(s) as I need to get the right fabs.
    I think for your special project coming up you should treat yourself to a trip to M* and pick out the fabric in person.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snip Snip View Post
    I think for your special project coming up you should treat yourself to a trip to M* and pick out the fabric in person.
    We will be within 175 miles next month. May have to see if I can sneak off one day and run up to shop.