Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hey hey it's Friday!!

Good Morning,

My two quilts are ready to pick up. I'm excited to see them but I know I can't bind them :-( . Their day will come and I'll just have to wait.

Today is ortho. Jim is going to drive. Tomorrow is haircut and style, then pick up the quilts.

Have a great weekend.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Friday!

My sister & I went to the Cleveland Sewing & Quilt Expo yesterday. I really enjoyed it! Lots of beautiful quilts. The display of "100 years of quilts made for soldiers" was very poignant. There were some stunning quilts in the display inspired by the National Parks, and I couldn't resist one from the Bake Off Quilt Challenge. We went to lunch afterwards, and made it home just before it was time for Mom's caregiver to leave. It was nice to spend some quality time with my sister.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1414.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	158475 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1417.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	158476

Today is my last official day of vacation. I still need to find a roofer for Mom's house, and will work on that today.

Katrina: hope your wrist is feeling better.
    Bubby: glad your jaw is back to normal, that sounded very painful!

Have a great day!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    Happy Friday!

My sister & I went to the Cleveland Sewing & Quilt Expo yesterday. I really enjoyed it! Lots of beautiful quilts. The display of "100 years of quilts made for soldiers" was very poignant. There were some stunning quilts in the display inspired by the National Parks, and I couldn't resist one from the Bake Off Quilt Challenge. We went to lunch afterwards, and made it home just before it was time for Mom's caregiver to leave. It was nice to spend some quality time with my sister.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1414.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	158475 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1417.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	158476

Today is my last official day of vacation. I still need to find a roofer for Mom's house, and will work on that today.

Katrina: hope your wrist is feeling better.
    Bubby: glad your jaw is back to normal, that sounded very painful!

Have a great day!
    I am happy that you got to spend some quality time with your sister.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon All.

Had a busy day yesterday. Started with a doctors apt. Checking my aIc and lipids, hopefully my numbers are better, I have changed my eating habits some...I guess we’ll see if it’s been enough.
    Then I had to go to the bank and close my business account. I’ve been putting that off, I feel like such a failure around my business attempts. I’ve wanted so badly to not be disabled that I nearly bankrupted my family trying to find something I could do. At this point I’m trying to just accept that I’m limited and deal with what that means. I know I’m a disappointment to my family (and myself) so now what. There is more to life than working, so now I’m trying to find out how to just “be”. Much harder than it sounds!

After the bank I met a gal who is selling off her stock from her no-longer-business which included applique thread which I am looking for. I don’t have that many friends in real life and it sounded like from our initial phone call, that we might have a lot in common so I was looking forward to meeting her. I ended up buying all her available thread (for a good price) and as I was leaving we were both suggesting that maybe we should get together some time. I hope she wasn’t just being polite. Lol. How does one follow up on something like that? We touched on the topic of handwork and that there are no handwork groups in our area...but we live about 45 minutes apart. I don’t know, I guess this is why I don’t have many irl friends. Phooey.
    Pam

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon,

Went to ortho this afternoon. No surgery required at this point. There is a gap between two bones in the wrist that could indicate a torn ligament or just swelling. I go back in 2 weeks.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post