Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey hey it's Friday!!

Good morning friends. Guess what we are expecting today! S********W. Not a whole lot but it's white nonetheless. Not expected to stick around as they are calling for double digits for the weekend but still......

I kept myself busy yesterday. Odd little jobs and then it was off to the sewing room. I finished a pair of pillowcases to match the butterfly quilt. This was my first time making them using the burrito method. The first one was a bit of challenge but the second one went really well. Who knew they were fun to make. I made make more.

So I am all set for the weekend. We are meeting Greg on Sunday and we are going to an antique market and then out for dinner. Well I invited my niece and sister-in-law, if she was feeling up to it. Well now we are going to pick up my brother-law and drop him off at his daughter's, and then we will all meet up for dinner. Tuesday is my sister-in-law's birthday so it will be nice to be out with my favorite people. And I will be able to deliver the quilt at the same time.

So for today I really need to sit down and write a special label for that quilt. Not sure what the rest of day will bring.

Barb, I hope your jaw is better.
    Katrina, I hope you are taking it easy with your wrist.

Blessings and prayers for those who need them. Have a great weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hey hey it's Friday!!

Good mornin y’all!

Oh Monique, those burrito pillows are sew fun to make. I too struggled through the first and now, I can’t remember how many I’ve made. Must have been some kind of genius who came up with that idea. Have fun this weekend......and hopefully there’s been a mistake and that ole white stuff never happens!

Cleaned the entire front yard and picked up the sticks/branches/garbage in the backyard. It still needs lots of work, but I ran out of steam. Super sore, took some meds. Hope they help. Gonna take it easy today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and an even better weekend! Hoping all feel better, heal......love, hugs and prayers for many.

Attachment 158470

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ This a.m. I need to make a run to the groc. store for chicken & a few things. Tomorrow will be chicken soup day again. I'll need to prep the vegs. today. The food processor cuts down on the time -- so much easier than hand dicing. If I have time, I'll run the vac. in part of the house.

A beautiful day yest. The temp. got up to 74 deg. Lots of tulips popping up now. A daffodil is almost ready to bloom. The crocuses are done. The hyacinths are starting to bloom, too. The bees have been busy. I may need to drag out the hoses & do some watering. We usually don't have our sprinkler system turned on till the 1st week of May. It can freeze here until mid-May.

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all! Lot to do today, and I am procrastinating as usual......

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day!
    Donna

8. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....Monique, not more snow!! This is Old Man Winter sticking his tongue out at you as he is being ushered out.

I saw our first snake of the year yesterday. Sugar was trying to pick it up!!! Last year the little ones were so tiny that they were afraid of everything, but this year they are 14 months old and want to conquer the whole world. I can see we are in for a fun Summer.

My jaw is back to normal except for some bruising.

Jeff is working a double shift again tonight. I hope to get some sewing and housework done, but it will all depend on what kind of day I have with the Girls. I can tell Dottie isn't feeling good right now and the pups torment her so. Sugar still wants Dottie to be her best friend and she constantly tries to kiss her. Yesterday Dottie settled some dog business with Sugar and I think Sugar will leave her alone for a while. Let's just say that Little Miss Sugar has been humbled again by Big Dot! Oh the drama.....

So, I need to get off here and continue with my chores. I hope to get a lot done today with Jeff gone. We have to be at the apartments early tomorrow morning early to show our vacancy and Jeff needs to replace a water heater.

Have a lovely Friday everyone. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dottie3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	158473
    Last edited by Bubby; April 5th, 2019 at 09:12 AM.

10. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning to all and Happy Friday!
    After a beautiful warm sunny day yesterday, it's snowing right now. Big chunky flakes that look like it should be early November instead of April. My hubby had put away the snowblower, snow boots and shovels, so this is his fault.
    There's been no sewing lately here...it's time to start paying attention to the house. We're getting a contractor set up to do a major renovation on a bedroom, and he'll be here tomorrow. The room is going to be totally gutted and rebuilt. I've been saving my pennies, but still need a bank loan to help pay for it, so I'm going to different banks and seeing what they offer. And last weekend I flipped my mattress and found the other side has a huge stain on it. It obviously came from the warehouse like that, so I went to the retailer where I got it and they're going to replace it. That's just wonderful customer service, because I purchased it in the fall.
    I spent quite a bit of time outside yesterday just getting things done and it felt so good. It's hard to wait for the warm weather when we can take plastic off of the windows and get them open.
    Today is a cooking day and my Instant Pot is going to get another workout. Six months ago I was terrified of it, now I plan how to re-do standard recipes so I can spend less time in the kitchen. What a wonder kitchen toy!
    I hope you all have a wonderful day! Time to put on the work boots and get going.

12. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Good mornin y’all!

Oh Monique, those burrito pillows are sew fun to make. I too struggled through the first and now, I can’t remember how many I’ve made. Must have been some kind of genius who came up with that idea. Have fun this weekend......and hopefully there’s been a mistake and that ole white stuff never happens!

Cleaned the entire front yard and picked up the sticks/branches/garbage in the backyard. It still needs lots of work, but I ran out of steam. Super sore, took some meds. Hope they help. Gonna take it easy today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and an even better weekend! Hoping all feel better, heal......love, hugs and prayers for many.

Attachment 158470
    I love this picture!!

14. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique and all who follow,

I'm not going to panic about the s***w, as its a beautiful sunny start to the day. Tt looks like this weekend's weather will be beautiful and maybe melt the last 2-4 feet of snow. I may be able to just wear shoes to the christening, no boots. Maybe.

I feel like I'm in limbo and threading lightly before life hits me again. Yesterday, I had to make a lot of calls and administrative household chores. I was feeling antsy about not sewing this week, so I went down and pulled out the astronaut panel and yardage to make quilt for Max who will be 6 in May. He got a queen size bed recently and has no quilt. I had bought the panel last year in Wichita, as that was going to be the theme of big boy room. Well now it's also hockey, Montreal Canadians. So I found some yardage and will make the backing from this. Probably just big blocks, bordered as they didn't have enough. The colours are perfect, royal, red and white. The quilt will be reversible. Two walls in his room are painted red, two are blue. Yes, my DD & her DH let the kids pick the colours of their room. Red is way too much energy for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	158471 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	158472

Today I will visit mom, pick up some groceries & my computer and run errands. I had a call from the computer geek, and the loading of my old files is going very slow. They have weeded out any corrupted files. Either today or Saturday, I need to pick up some hockey print, maybe sticks and pucks to fill in the remaining blocks for the back of the quilt.

Pleasant surprise. I received the first of two orders from M*. It arrived by Canada Post via FedEx. Now I can make more of the personalized Paw Patrol burrito pillowcases. I showed My mom's doctor & she loved them, wanted some for her GKs. Aren't those fun to make Monique? A bit addictive.

Enjoy your day. Stay dry andnd safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

After a warmish sunny day we're getting a bit of a chill in the air this morning as our furnace has been running quite a bit

Monique that pillow case method is so clever. I and another gal began our guild's Project Pillowcases for kids in hospitals with life threatening illnesses, we called the method the Hot Dog and we donated about 1,000 pillowcases a year to Jersey, New York and PA hospitals.

Son Bob is off to Honduras tomorrow on a medical mission, he has been participating in the missions for about 20 years. He said it's a beautiful country, so nice and green and the residents are always happy when the mission sets up its clinics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bOB N tRISTAN.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	158474
    That's Bob with one of his grandsons, sorry I had to cut you out Tristan as per your parent's request. Bob has 6 grandsons with a new baby due in May. Wonder if the all boy streak will be broken this time. Whatever it is there will be a quilt from me waiting for the new baby.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We are expecting rain today. I just have a massage appointment today. I picked up a new pair of glasses and the right lense seems off. I may go to the optical store to have them look at it. Yesterday I sewed 9 more blocks of my quilt. I shook my head and thought —what was I thinking when I bought this kit.
    Barbs comment about Sugar trying to get a snake reminded me about our little dog trying to get a frog in our back yard. The other dogs do not see it.

Have a good day
    Beth

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post