Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with Baby Lock Tiara II LA

I have the Tiara II table model LA. My problem is the needle won't pick up the bobbin thread. I've been quilting recently on a sample block & things were going fairly well. Everything has been cleaned & oiled, so that is not an issue. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about to fix this. Thanks for any help you can give.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Problem with Baby Lock Tiara II LA

Is it possible the needle is not up all the way into the machine? Like it has slipped down?
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with checking the needle install..... also try changing the needle, rethreading and take out the bobbin and reinstall. Back to basics sometimes works.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The forum often gives the advice to change the needle and to re-thread both the top and the bobbin. Whoo Boy Howdy, did that ever save my bacon this week.

Under a bit of a deadline, suddenly my brand new Janome 15000 started to clunk. I cleaned and re-threaded the bobbin, knowing that would take care of the problem. Four fresh stitches and clunk. Hmmm. Why look at that, I'm not using a Janome Blue Tip needle, silly me. It's been over eight hours of sewing, so let's change to a Blue Tip needle. Ten stitches later? Clunk.

"Listen to your forum friends, Toni," I said to myself. I re-cleaned and re-installed the bobbin. I removed and re-seated that brand spanking new Janome Blue Tip needle. I cut my top thread and pppuuuulllllled the thread out the correct direction, then re-threaded the top. Hold breath. Start sewing. Whew!

I love my forum friends!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joy,
    All I can offer is TNT, thread needle tension. Have you tried a new bobbin as well? I have found that sometimes the bobbin case needs a slight adjustment. Also, if the needle on the Tiara is like the Sweet 16, it can be tricky to line it up as the top part is round. You might want to go on the Handi Quilter website of Facebook page, there are many tips, videos and troubleshooting solutions.

Good luck. I know that you are itching to get quilting and this is definitely frustrating.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.