Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bluprint Membership Expiring

As we've discussed on the forum, Craftsy got merged into Bluprint and switched from a "buy classes" schema to a subscription plan. I decided to subscribe and watch as many classes as I could in a month. Of course, that stretched to three months, but I've turned in my "Don't Renew" notification. My subscription ends the day after tomorrow.

For those of you who had purchased Craftsy classes but never subscribed to Bluprint, what happens? Can you still sign into Bluprint without a subscription? And once you do, is there anything available besides your "Forever" classes?
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bluprint Membership Expiring

Yes. I never did subscribe to Bluprint, but I do still have access to all my forever classes I purchased through Craftsy.

3. Thanks DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Karen. And is that all you see when you sign into Bluprint? Or do they let you, for example, read their articles?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There is some other stuff. For example, I still scroll through some free patterns and have downloaded some. I've never noticed articles although, I haven't spent a lot of time searching it either.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Karen! I guess im trying to get an idea of what's ahead. Then again, I'll know for sure very, very soon!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I never subscribed but still have access to everything I had in Craftsy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know, Monique. Your answer helped me remember that Craftsy had an entire market place. I've heard that Bluprint canned a whole bunch of Craftsy's designers, but Bluprint may still be a good source.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I lost a lot of my free patterns when the company switched over. There was a really limited time to download those back in November, I believe. The independent designers had really short notice as well. I wish I had downloaded more of the patterns I was interested in but oh well. It did kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that's frustrating! You're probably as unhappy as I am about the end of Craftsy. Bluprint has not been kind to most of the Craftsy instructors and designers.

As I mentioned, I signed up for one month of Bluprint. That gave you a free Forever class. I noticed that an annual subscription gave you 12 Forever classes. So when my one month membership was expiring, I thought, "I'll let it auto-renew. I don't mind getting another Forever class." Thought the same thing for yet one more month.

Then I went digging to find my two Forever class certificates. And that's when I noticed the caveat, "One Forever class (first month only)." I was frosted! I cancelled the auto-renew and wrote to Bluprint, "If I as monthly subsctiber pay more over the course of a year than an annual subscriber does, shouldn't I get one Forever class each month?"

I'm still waiting for their answer.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have an annual pass that i renewed for $79. But there are not 12 free classes that I know of. I got three. I will have to relook at all of it. For 79 a year its free shipping and great discounts and special offers. The free shipping pays for at least half of it by itself. Kits are on special alot. Been worth it for me. But I know its not for everyone.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can