Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So what is up with MSQC shipping?

I hadn't considered how Hamilton's remoteness could be a factor in how fast packages get sent out. According to Google Maps, Hamilton is about an hour's drive from Kansas City, Missouri. If M* drove their own van to the carrier's location, that would add to their expenses a bit (labor, fuel, insurance). Maybe they already crunched the numbers to see if that is something they could do.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carah View Post
    My packages have always arrived in a reasonable time frame. I also believe the carrier is different in each area, Fedex is better here than UPS (I receive them daily for work). Using a $5 flat rate shipping is what makes the difference here. IMHO
    As an example, Fat Quarter Shop has either $4.99 or $4.95 shipping, can't remember exactly, and they ship everything USPS priority. Orders arrive in 3 days or less, so the $5.00 flat rate shipping really shouldn't be used as an excuse
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

4. Thanks shermur, SuzanneOrleansOntario, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. "Remoteness" Not the problem.

"Back in the day" all packages were sent through the Hamilton post office. There was a news story about the post office hiring more people to handle the load. I would receive packages 2 days after being shipped. For reasons, I will never understand, the powers that be switched to UPS Smartpost ("they have a much better network" was the official story). When that proved to be a disaster, they went to FedEx Smartpost and a worst disaster. I cannot believe that the discount they are getting justifies the business they are losing.

Also, Carah, the FedEx you get for work is not the same as Smartpost. FedEx you get for work flies everynight to its destination, just like USPS priority mail does. On the same plane. Yes, the same plane! Smartpost is loaded onto a semi trailer and is then given a tour of the country before getting to it's destination post office and being handed over to USPS for "last mile delivery".

I wish they would change things, but it has been made abundantly clear to me that they won't! I wonder how many postal employees in Hamilton lost their jobs over this?
    Last edited by dwil23; April 6th, 2019 at 06:32 PM.
    Donna

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This has been brought up over and over again on the Forum. I wonder, is anybody from MSQC listening? I would love to see an official (i.e. corporate) explanation of why they stay with a shipper that so many customers are dissatisfied with. I order almost everything from FQS. They usually get shipments out the door in 24 hours and delivered 3-4 days after I place my order. Their prices are almost identical and they also have a daily deal.

8. Thanks sydneybean, SuzanneOrleansOntario, dwil23 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I order used books monthly from Thriftbooks. They get sent USPS media, or whatever the slow one is, I get them from west coast in 5 days and shipping is free if I spend $10. They ain't getting rich on $3 books either. It takes 10 days to get a package from *M, less than 200 miles, they charge $5 to ship a $2 or less package, and they wonder why we cry?
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Auntstuff ~ I order used books freq. from Thrift Books, too. My most recent order was for 14 books. They all shipped the next day. They came from Portland, Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago, Reno, & St. Louis. Most came in 4-5 days. The last 3 came 9 days later. When I first started buying from them, the books cost only $2.99. Most now are $3.50-4.50. It's still a good buy. I'm an avid reader.

12. Thanks auntstuff, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My last order is going to take 12 days, (or more). No fabric involved.
    Not worth my time to order more often.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post