Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Wednesday!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	158442

Good morning friends. What the heck am I doing up at this hour!! Brain came awake so sleep is over.

I finished the binding on the butterfly quilt and it is washed and folded waiting for a label. I used washable markers to mark my quilting lines and I am happy to say that they all came out in the wash. (insert clapping hands). Last night we had our Lionettes meeting. While we didn't solve world problems, it was a good meeting.

And so today I will think up a label for this quilt.

I got a call to work on the 12th but nothing else booked at the moment.

My niece starts her chemo treatments next week.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Wednesday!!

Good morning all!

Oh Monique, I can’t wait to see your butterfly quilt. I know it’s a beauty! Hope you’re cold is better. Nothin wrong with not solving the worlds problems........they will always be there.....I’ll continue to pray for your niece.

Not quite caught up with everything, but getting there.......sometimes it feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

The sun has been shining the last couple,days, and I love it! Cold, but sunny. Makes a world of difference.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful day! Hugs to all.

Attachment 158443

3. Thanks Ione, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    I've been up on and off all night with meds I have to take, a nap later will hopefully take place. Today I'm scheduled for a CT scan, prayers would certainly be appreciated.

Not much sewing going on here lately but have made a dent in the cleaning of my sewing room. I have a scheduled retreat next Wednesday for four days so if my test results allow for me to go should get some nice sewing done.
    Sky is getting light but too early to tell what the weather holds for today, we had rain for much of the night so hopefully today will be clear.

Well, that's it for me. Wishing everyone a good day.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It looks like we will need a coat this am, but we can go without this afternoon. I had my doctor appt to get clearance for my surgery scheduled in 2 weeks. I finally made it to my sewing room after dinner. I sewed 9 blocks. Little by little I will get these blocks done. I have a few appts today. Hope to get outside this pm with the dogs.
    Cathy— hope you CT scan goes well.
    Beth

6. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy sunny Wednesday,

Wow, there are some early posts today. I was awoken by my two cats fighting for space on my side of the bed at 2am, not happy. Didn't get to sleep for another hour, so this slows my morning. Oh well, I didn't waste that hour, I made lists of things I need to do today. I am ready and amazed that what was to be a free day is now full.

Yesterday I did some meal preps - 10 individual turkey pot pies, pettes de soeur (translation is bad - nun's farts). I make these with scraps of pie dough, butter and brown sugar. Yum. I also made a pot of vegetable soup, and I added a frozen individual squash soup that I made this winter. I freeze soups in individual size portion, and sometimes add them when I make pots of soup. For dinner, I made a macaroni & beef in tomato sauce. I froze for quick meal when I want to sew.

I think the chipmunk made its way out, or has died between the walls, probably from the noise of the vaccum. I'll give it another day to see if we call the exterminator. We haven't seen his buddies in the yard either. Lots of birds are coming back and at the feeders. We have seen the robins in the past few weeks, the cardinals and the usual birds. The snow is down to about 2' in the yard. Yeah.

Katrina - take it easy with that wrist. Cathy F - I hope your CT scan goes well.

Going to get a move on my day. If I do all these errands and chores, I can do some quiting on the ribbon star. I think I have a better idea how to quilt it. If anyone has done one and quilted, I would love to see it. Thanks.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, Star lover, Ione, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Wed. Morning ~ Still dark, of course. I wakened at 4:30 to the odor of skunk! Yuk!

Yest. the sun came out & the temp. got up to 68 deg. Cooler today with a chance of rain. I have Bible Study this a.m. It's my week to play the piano. I'll grab lunch at Wendy's. With my prepaid frosty key, I can get a free frosty with my jr. bacon cheeseburger & eat for $2.37. I'll make a stop at Walmart. I have a much needed massage scheduled for 12:30.

Yest. afternoon I put in most of an hour of practice FMQ. Still having some frustrations with stitch quality. The last thing to happen was the needle would not pick up the bobbin thread. I've changed the needle, cleaned & oiled everything. I'll check some web sites for trouble shooting ideas.

Time to get on with my day.

10. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Ione thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All.

It,s just Wed. lol, J will have home school here tomorrow. Nana has decided the older one will be easier for me to handle. I think she's right!

It's starting to get to me that I'm getting nothing done! I know that I can't do anything with my fat fingers or I'll be hurting. I'm learning!

I'll have to go pick up something for Zeke's birthday. He'll be 3!

Time to figure out lunch.
    and maybe a nap!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Ione thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning/afternoon All.
    My youngest son got his sat scores yesterday. He was not happy. They are in the average range and are a good reflection of the amount of prep he did before the test. (None). He’s decided that even though he may not need higher sat scores to get into the program he wants (film) he still wants to retake and improve them. He makes a good point about scholarships and I think it’s just a point of pride with him. He generally works hard in his academic adventures and takes a lot of pride in his good grades. As a mom it’s hard to watch while some of my kids invest no effort and still do well, while this kid has to work his butt off for every accomplishment. Life certainly isn’t fair.

It’s been dreary and drizzly here the last few days. I feel every bit the Oregonian going out in my Sandals with socks on to get the mail.
    I made good progress on my SS yesterday and am ready to hit it hard again today.

Katrina - go slow and be careful with yourself, your big job right now is to heal.

Suzanne- I hope the little guy in your walls made it out. I’ll say a little prayer for him.

Cathy F - I hope your CT yields positive results. I’ll say a prayer.

Have a good day everyone
    Pam

14. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Ione thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

It's a slow day for me today. Not feeling great on any front.

I had a dental appt yesterday that was longer than it needed to be because my jaw was locked open after the procedure. It took my doctor more than 20 minutes to get my jaw back in place and my bite feeling right. I was exhausted by the time I got home. My DD has the same issue.

It's going to be taco salad for dinner tonight. I cooked the meat last night and we were both too tired to eat, so we walked the Girls and then went right to bed.

I hope everyone is having a good day. Hugs....

16. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina ~ Your job right now is to REST, elevate your wrist, use ice if needed, & let your wrist heal! It sounds like you're doing too much.

Barb ~ Sorry about the dental work & not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

I had Bible study this a.m., my quick Wendy's lunch, & a trip to Walmart. I got a good working over on my neck, back, etc. with the massage. I'll probably be sore for a couple days. I also need to drink plenty of fluids to flush out the toxins.

The lawn service came today to aerate the lawn. I'm still waiting for the estimate for getting the flower beds removed, sprinkler heads moved, etc.

Next episode of Survivor is tonight. Always something to look forward to -- if you're a fan, that is. Those contestants put their bodies through an awful lot during those 39 days. They end up with parasites. One person had a badly infected bug bite. They lose a lot of weight. And that doesn't include those who got sick or injured & had to be medi-evac'd from the game.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post