Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How would you price it? Workplace conundrum!

I like Suzanne’s idea of adding up ALL the costs, including your time and dividing it equally, if I were your co working and genuinely wanted to go in with you on the gift, I’d have no problem with this.
    Pam

2. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    I like Suzanne’s idea of adding up ALL the costs, including your time and dividing it equally, if I were your co working and genuinely wanted to go in with you on the gift, I’d have no problem with this.
    I may do that, I think they to experience sticker shock...adding in my time, the pillow would cost over $100. That may be a conservative estimate, I did not time myself when I made the wallhanging.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So, I'm a person who pretty much can never say no. And yet, I think you probably ought to. Maybe something like this:
    "It is such a compliment that you want me to do this. I'm really flattered, but I'm just not able to do this as a group gift. Once money comes into the picture, my joy of making goes out the window. Instead of stitching with love, I'd feel like I have a second job. I thank you all for wanting to help me with this, but I think I'm going to go with my original plan to make this for our boss as a Christmas gift. If the office wants to pitch in for a June birthday gift, I'm happy to donate to that."
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

5. Thanks grammaterry, JulieC, quiltingaway, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    So, I'm a person who pretty much can never say no. And yet, I think you probably ought to. Maybe something like this:
    "It is such a compliment that you want me to do this. I'm really flattered, but I'm just not able to do this as a group gift. Once money comes into the picture, my joy of making goes out the window. Instead of stitching with love, I'd feel like I have a second job. I thank you all for wanting to help me with this, but I think I'm going to go with my original plan to make this for our boss as a Christmas gift. If the office wants to pitch in for a June birthday gift, I'm happy to donate to that."
    Perfect reply Toni!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

7. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    Perfect reply Toni!
    I agree, perfect reply! Thanks, Toni!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Julie, I hope things work out. Its a tough situation for sure. Let us know what happens, please.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?