• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LauraP
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

good morning Saturday

Why am I up so early? My nose is stuffed, my eyes itch, my throat's raspy.....Oh yeah, welcome back Spring!

images.jpg

Hope your morning is better than mine
    sigpic
  • PamelaOry
    Applique Angel
    • Jan 2019

Re: good morning Saturday

Good morning All.
    I’m up early with little miss Nala. Well....she is back asleep but I’m up. Puppies are so much like babies. She just needed to go potty and have a little snack and she’s zonked back out.

I really like the fabric line for the dd today, to bad it isn’t a layer cake. I could make sunbonnet sues out of it.

My sons grand mother passed away earlier this week. I’m still not sure what arrangements are being made but my eldest wants to fly in for services. He wants to bring his new girlfriend too. This means I need to get cracking on cleaning the sewing/spare bedroom for the visit.
    Pam

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Good morning ladies,
      Laura - didn't you hear? Today has been cancelled, well at least our girls' shopping day to Almonte. With the expected freezing rain and snow, this would make for unpleasant driving, but mostly shopping on a hillside Main Street would be challenging. I am disappointed as I had planned on going to 2 LQS for Poker Run. I hope you & Monique feel better.

Yesterday I finished hand sewing the binding on Boomerang and picked up the dragonfly quilted pink squares. Today I'll make the binding and start sewing it.

DH has a course this aft, so I will do a quick vaccum of floors. Cat hairs, they are shedding. Then I plan to sew.

Enjoy your weekend.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning ~ Spring time in the Rockies -- snow last night. Just enough to cover the grass. The streets just are wet. I doubt it even was an inch.

Laura ~ I started my Flo-nase (generic) almost a mo. ago to get ahead of the drips & itchy nose & eyes. Some of the trees are pollinating, but no major outbreak of pollen yet. Hope you feel better soon. Last spring was the first time I used Flo-nase; I couldn't believe the difference. It really helps. It's over the counter now.

I cleaned my Tiara yest. Except for waxing the table surface, it's ready for quilting my next project, those mini quilts. I hope to make a start on those today.

DS#2 who just moved to CO had a job interview yest. afternoon. I haven't heard back yet how it went. DS#1 phoned for a chat on his commute home from work yest. p.m. (D.C. area) It gives us 30-40 min. to talk.

Time to get on with my day.

Comment

• JulieC
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2016

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

It's a rainy start to our Saturday here, a good day to start my next project. It's a wallhanging with a beach scene -- I bought the pattern from M* when it came out last year. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ch-bag-pattern

I am happy to report I hired a yard guy to mow Mom's yard and my yard. He's going to do the spring cleanups next week. I also hired him to fix up Mom's backyard. I had to give up last year's grand plans of ripping everything out -- it gave Mom nightmares. He's going to whack the weeds and trim everything up so it's functional. He thought I was exaggerating when I said it looked like the backyard belonged to a haunted house, but he believed me once he saw it.

I'm on vacation next week. More of a stay-cation, really. My sister and I are going to the Cleveland Sewing Expo one day, and that's as exciting as it's going to get. I do need to see if I can find a roofer for Mom's house. Our city belongs to a heritage home program; Mom's house qualifies, maybe they can help.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

• Bubby
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone....We have had bad storms all night and later today we are supposed to get large hail and snow...can you believe this!

Jeff worked almost a double shift last night and today we will be working in his side of the garage on a small construction project. We have to make a quick trip to the hardware store so I'm out of here for now.

Joy, I hope your son gets the job he interviewed for.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

It was a busy day with no kiddos here yesterday. I finished up the tea towels, and made the tops for two table runners. I've cut the back and I'm ready to sandwich them. I hope I'll get that done today.

The pollen is in beast mode here. I know what you're going through, Pam.

Suzanne, hate your girls day out got cancelled, but it sounds like you have a plan to fill the day.

Joy, my oldest uses the commute time for phone calls too. He calls Howard's mom on his long commute to work once a week. She really appreciates it. He calls me on the way home from St. John's campus. I guess I have one more year of those calls. Then who knows what he'll do if he works from home as he's planning.

Julie, the sewing expo sounds exciting. Martelli's is coming to do a teaching session at Cinnamon's next weekend. I'm tempted, but I'm on a spending diet for March and April, maybe even June since I promised to help Jim with his tuition for a coding course. Everything is set aside, I'll just have to be mindful of what is going to be going out.

Well, these table runners aren't going to sandwich themselves (and Jim has finally hung up).

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
                Applique Angel
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                Why am I up so early? My nose is stuffed, my eyes itch, my throat's raspy.....Oh yeah, welcome back Spring!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]158364[/ATTACH]

Hope your morning is better than mine
                I TOOK THAT MESSAGE'S ADVICE BUT HAVE TO TELL YOU IT DIDN'T WORK, still tired and cranky because the day is half over and I got nothing accomplished. Maybe a nap will help.

Haven't been around much lately, seems we have been in the doldrums but warm and sunny today with a nice breeze coming in the windows seems to be perking DH and I up.

Had a fun evening last night. At the beginning of last week the smoke or carbon monoxide monitor in downstairs hallway began beeping quite low, DH didn't hear the beeps but at my insistent he changed their batteries. Seemed OK until I'd heard some low beeping now and again during the week, DH still didn't hear the beeps. Sisters were here during the week and they heard the beeps so that finally convinced DH to replace all the monitors in our house. LOW beeps stopped but began last night and I wanted to call the gas co but he said we'll do it in the morning, probably over my dead body if we did have a leek! Read him the riot act and he called them, gas gal checked the furnace, gas stove and gas fireplace and happily found no leeks. What a relief!
                Last edited by MissMay in Jersey; March 30, 2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• geegeequilts
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2015

Laura, I have a sleepytime shirt that says " no coffee so today is cancelled. Go back to bed". If I have no coffee...no workee.

Gina

Comment

• KPH
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Well pooh, I broke my wrist! This is no fun.
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• Caroline T.
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                      OUCH. How did you do that?

Comment

• PamelaOry
                        Applique Angel
                        • Jan 2019

Oh no! That has got to hurt, I suspect it will make it hard for you to type for a while too...
                        Saying a prayer.
                        Pam

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2015

Oh no! Are you sure? How did you break it? That is certainly going to put a damper on things.
                          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jul 2013

Katrina ~ So sorry to hear you broke your wrist. Did you fall? Well, I guess that puts a kink in your quilting & just about everything. I hope you're not having too much pain. Do take it easy & give it time to heal. Thoughts & prayers. God bless.

Comment

• KPH
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2015

I was decorating for April and missed the bottom step on the step stool. I broke my ulna into the joint and chipped my radius. Ortho is sometime next week. I'll call on Monday. Both bones are in place.

Last night wasn't fun. I'm a one handed typer now. ;-(
                              Katrina
                              From NC, retired in FL

Comment

Working...
                              X