Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default 11 finished blocks set on point. How many to make a queen size quilt. No sashing Im lost Lonely

Im trying to figure out how many 11 finished blocks are needed for a queen size quilt which are set on point. Im increasing my pattern . I will not have sashing. Thank you! Lonely

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 11 finished blocks set on point. How many to make a queen size quilt. No sashing Im lost Lonely

OK, I gave it my best shot. A 11" finished block measures 15.5" diagonally from point to point. I believe you need 50 blocks with five across and 6 down, these rows will stager down your quilt with 5 across, then 4 across, then 5 across, etc. You will have to add triangles around the edge to fill in to make a straight edge on all for sides. Your measurement will end up at 77.5" x 93". A queen mattress measure 60" x 80", so it depends on how much of a drop you want on sides and bottom. If you add one more row to the width of the quilt, you would need 11 more blocks to get a 93" x 93". Or you could add borders to make up the difference. Hope this helps.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 11 finished blocks set on point. How many to make a queen size quilt. No sashing Im lost Lonely

Thank you surfer girl. This is similar to what in my bumbling way I came close to. I so appreciate the time to do this!