• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simply Quilting
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2013

MSQC 2019 Fall Forum Registration

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE WHOLE POST. There have been a few minor changes from previous years.

Check in for the 2019 Fall Forum Retreat will start at Noon on Sunday, September 29 at the MSQC Retreat Center and all attendees will be expected to depart by 11AM on Thursday, October 3. Please do not arrive early for check-in – the MSQC staff will be cleaning it and setting up for our retreat on Sunday. Main check-in will be from noon to 2:30PM on Sunday. Sunday’s lunch will be on your own. Subway, Casey’s, and the grocery store in Hamilton are open on Sunday for you to get something to eat.

The 2019 Fall Forum Retreat Registration fees are as follows. They include 11 meals (Sunday evening through Thursday morning), MSQC demonstrations, mini-classes from our fabulous forum members, activities, Retreat Scavenger Hunt and T-Shirt. We will have a maximum of 36 spaces for quilters.

$400 for a dorm style twin bed (2nd floor)

$200 for Commuters***

Free Sewing Machine Rental for the entire event (20 available)
    Free "Sewing Essentials" kits available to rent (cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler and scissors) (20 available)

***Commuters – There will be only three commuter tickets. We do ask that commuters leave by 11 PM each night so doors can be locked. Doors will be unlocked by 7AM each morning.

Your ticket number refers to which room and bed you will be staying in. If you are wanting to room with specific people, please register at the same time.

Rooms 4, 6 and 8 do not have windows. Rooms 5, 7, 9, and 10 do have windows.
    What to expect:
    All Activities are optional. Please remember that MSQC will be closed on Sunday.
    We will be doing a show and tell each night, a charity quilt (we ask that each attendee bring $5 to help cover the cost of the supplies), group picture, daily attendance drawings, and an “I don’t want it, you can have it table”. Daily attendance prize drawings – please bring ONE item to donate for the daily attendance prize. We will do these drawings Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wed evenings. For our Sunday game, please bring a layer cake or a jelly roll that is gift wrapped. We will not be doing favors this year.

There will be no structured classes presented by Missouri Star but mini-classes and presentations by other forum members will be scheduled periodically throughout the event. This year’s focus for mini-classes is learning quilting techniques from start to finish. To practice what we learn, we will be putting together a small quilt that Marilyn will be taking with her to donate to the children’s hospital in St. Louis. If you are not interested in actually making a quilt, please feel free to sit in the quilt classes that you are interested in. The supply list for these classes can be found on the Missouri Star Forum - 2019 Fall Forum Group. This is your retreat so feel free to participate in as many or few activities as you wish. Many people bring their own projects to work on. You may not want to take a class and if you choose not to do this you will want to bring projects to work on. Your free time is your own to do as you please. You can shop an MSQC shop, visit the Quilt Museum, or browse through one of the area stores. There is always something to do in Hamilton.

In order for it to be a peaceful, relaxing environment for everyone, we will be following the MSQC policy of using headphones/earbuds if you wish to listen to music or watch a video on your computer, etc.

There will be a 2019 Fall Forum Group on the Missouri Star Forum that will be open to those who are registered. Please be patient as we coordinate those who are registered to be invited to the group. We will have discussion threads about what to expect, what to bring, how to get the most out of a retreat, and many other threads. It will be the place to ask questions about the retreat and get to know others who will be attending the retreat. (If you have questions but are not registered, please feel free email [email protected])

Sewing tables - Each person will have their own 2 foot by 4 foot table. Due to limited space, we ask that you do not bring your own tables except for TV trays. If you need your personal sewing chair, feel free to bring it. The retreat center does have design walls by the sewing tables. We do have assigned seating for sewing. If you are traveling with friends and would like to sit together to sew, please contact: Cindy at MSQC - [email protected]
    Meals – Continental Breakfast will be served Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings at 8 am. The daily lunch and dinner are served at 12 pm and 6 pm. Meals are served buffet style. There is a huge kitchen counter where the food is presented at scheduled times. Usually, lunch and dinner consist of a main dish and several sides plus a dessert. Vegetarian options are available. If you don't make it at the time food is served, you will need to find something else to eat. (There are several restaurants in town plus a grocery store.). You are on your own to enjoy the area food if you wish to do that. Please note that there will not be lunch served on Sunday. Subway, Casey’s, and the grocery store in Hamilton are open on Sunday for you to get something to eat.
    Snack Table - There will be a snack sharing table. Feel free to bring your own favorite munchies or special non-alcoholic drinks to share. There is coffee, tea, water, and ice available for us. We do have use of the kitchen area except when the meals are being served. The kitchen has a refrigerator, oven, microwave, and dishwasher that we can use. If you have a favorite cup you like to use, please consider bring it. (Retreat Center has gone to all paper products.) Please be considerate to others and clean up after you use the kitchen.
    Show & Tell - We will have a Show & Tell time each night for those who want to participate.
    Shipping - There is free shipping for all of our guests who spend over $100 in the shops.

Tentative Schedule ^^^
    For This Retreat: Early Check In is NOT available
    Sunday
    12 pm - 2:30 pm Arrival, Set Up, Open Sew Time
    4:30 pm Mini Quilt Lesson
    5:30 pm Orientation Meeting & Introductions
    6 pm Dinner
    7 pm Door Prizes (bring unwrapped), Show and Tell & Announcements
    7:30 pm Charity Quilt Introduction
    8PM Game Night (Please bring a jelly roll or layer cake – gift wrapped)

Monday
    8 am Breakfast
    11 Cindy Demonstration
    11:45 Group Picture
    Lunch at Noon
    1:30 PM Mini Quilt Lesson
    4PM MSQC Scavenger Hunt
    6 pm Dinner
    7pm Door Prizes, Show and Tell & Announcements
    8PM Game Night

Tuesday
    8 am Breakfast
    11:15 Cindy Demonstration
    Lunch at Noon
    6 pm Dinner
    7 pm Door Prizes, Show and Tell & Announcements
    8PM Game Night

Wednesday
    8 am Breakfast
    11:15 Cindy Demonstration
    Lunch at Noon
    4PM Scavenger Hunt
    6 pm Dinner
    7 pm Door Prizes, Show and Tell & Announcements
    7:30 pm Open Sew

Thursday
    8 AM Farewell Breakfast
    11AM Check Out

^^^This schedule is subject to changes.

For registration, please go to the MSQC main Eventbrite page https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-fo...ts-59408938735
    Password is FF2019
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: MSQC 2019 Fall Forum Registration

Have the three commuter tickets already been sold? I do not see them on the website
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2013

I know that at least one of the commuter tickets is gone. But am not sure about the other two. You will need to contact Cindy at the retreat center. Her email is [email protected]

Comment

• Judy, USMC
        Missouri Star
        • May 2013

Yes - so sorry I missed 2018 but dealing with Hurricane Florence took priority. Will be nice to see old friends again.

Comment

• azmotogirl
          Batting Beauty
          • Oct 2017

Looking forward to finally meeting you!! You made me feel so welcome to the group and I was very sad to hear of your damage last year.

Comment

• wildernessquilter
            Quilting Guru
            • Sep 2015

I finally got around to paying my money. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Sue

Comment

• Simply Quilting
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2013

For anyone interested in coming but as not signed up, I would suggest signing up soon. We are down to only 12 spots open.

Comment

• Connie Jo
                Batting Beauty
                • Mar 2014

I’m so excited! Can’t wait

Comment

• wildernessquilter
                  Quilting Guru
                  • Sep 2015

Good see you on here Connie Jo. See you in a couple months.

Sue

Comment

• KarenC
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2015

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
                    Karen
                    Spring, TX

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2013

We have only 9 spots open. If you are interested in coming, please get signed up. On August 16, 2019 I will be ordering t-shirts. If you want to make sure that you have a t-shirt, please get your ticket before then.

Comment

Working...
                      X