• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP March 29 - April 4, 2019

Hopefully a quiet forum just means that everybody is busy crafting!

I am getting really busy with my local quilt guild. We are ramping up for the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival in June, plus our local quilt show in the fall. I am not putting any quilts into the regional (intimidated), but will be putting at least one (and hopefully two if I get 'It was the 80s' done in time) into the local show. I'm volunteering at both - either white glove or selling tickets for our opportunity quilt.

And we have our challenge quilts due this summer - dimensions and details at the first June meeting, completed at the July meeting. I'm just doing a mini for that one.

All this, and I'm the treasurer. Some meetings I am running so hard that I can't even enjoy myself.

Spring is here in eastern Kansas - daffodils and tulips abound. What's going on in your world?
  • Claire Hallman
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: WiP March 29 - April 4, 2019

I went to a quilt show in Florence Alabama today [open tomorrow, too] and bought a few fat quarters and a Watercolor Quilt book. It is so yummy to look at even if I never make one of those quilts.
    I hope to get the rest of a sandwich quilted tomorrow. I have another throw sandwiched and have been thinking of adding some applique to the rather plain border. I better get it quilted fast before I think that is a really good idea and undo the sandwich.
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

I am here in my new house in beautiful Bentonville Arkansas. Here is a picture of my future quilting studio. I need to bolt the bookcases to the wall before I can unpack onto them. It is going to be great (eventually.)

100_4927.JPG

The NWA (north west Arkansas) regional quilt show is next weekend. I think this is an annual event. I got here just in time. I plan to go. It will be a great break from unpacking.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Wednesday, I picked up my king Boomerang quilt from LAQ. Yesterday I cut the binding and sewed it on. I will post pictures later. I finished handsewing it. Another UFO done. Yeah!

Today I picked up a small quilt from another LAQ. Tomorrow I will search my stash for binding or use the extra backing.

This week I got a haircut and highlights, and got my nails done. I visited mom a few times, and may have been volunteered to join a group making a dignity quilt for the residence. I also cooked a lot of food for freezer meals. Also visited my grandkids, and may have volunteered to babysit the youngest on Sunday.

Saturday a few girlfriends & I were to go shopping. But we are expecting freezing rain and snow overnight through the day, so we cancelled. Oh well, I will just have to spend my day sewing. My husband has a course so it will be quiet time.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• kimsophia
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2014

I got six inches of off white brick stitch needlepoint done today, which puts me at a rate to finish this strip in 10.5 days. It is for the footstool reupholstery project. The big rectangular part to fit on top is done but I forgot about the sides. I discovered that they do sell needlepoint canvas in long strips for projects like belts. It's six inches wide though so big enough for the footstool sides. I have almost no idea what I'm doing except for a YouTube video by Miss Mustard Seed.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Here are the pics of the two quilts I got finished this week.

image.jpg image.jpg

Denise, I'm certain that your sewing room will be set shortly. I actually enjoy moving as it provides the opportunity to reorganize rooms to function better. Enjoy the quilt show.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

I also made a pressing to bring to the VQC group yesterday morning. DH came to help this month, and their pressing mat is shameful. Now that I have the proto-type figured out, I will make another one to leave there. I think mine will be handy at retreats, and when it's folded in half, it fits perfectly in the cutting mat carrying bag.

image.jpg image.jpg

Working on quilting M* Ribboon star.
              image.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X