Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday, Friday Friday!!

Good morning friends. It's official, I have a cold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	158359

Now I bet you are all singing this, LOL!!

My dentist appointment went well. They are sparkly clean now and no cavities. WOOHOO!!

And yes, now I have a cold, feeling a little poopie but I will SURVIVE as it is not a man cold (sorry gentlemen). After I left the dentist, I took myself out for breakfast, made a few pit stops along the way. One store I was at, I ended up buying some clothes that were on sale. I love wraps as I am always cold. I had a two hour nap in the afternoon. I have a little electric blanket that Les bought me some time ago. I use that for my naps and I swear that is why I have 2 hour naps. Lasagna was our dinner using my spaghetti sauce. Now the sauce is in containers and in the freezer.

So today I really need to start sewing down the binding on the butterfly quilt. I am waiting for 2 packages in the mail, one is fabric which I am hoping comes today and the other a new cell phone battery I bought on ebay. The fabric I bought is pink 5" squares so I am going to make a baby blanket for a baby due in June. Actually it will be my great niece. Pink and grey are her colours so I was thinking of making a flower garden quilt using the half hexie. That is my plan.

Not sure what this weekend will bring. It will depend on how I feel I guess.

Have a great day and weekend, no matter what you do.

Maizyn's 9th birthday is this weekend. She reminded me last night, LOL!!

Oh I forgot to add that it looks like March is going to go out like a lion. Rain, freezing rain and we could get more snow. UGH!!
    Last edited by Monique; March 29th, 2019 at 08:10 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday, Friday Friday!!

Oh Monique! So sorry to hear, on a Friday no less.
    Pam

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, MaggieSue, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Hope you feel better soon, Monique!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 6.58.49 AM.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	158361

Have a great Friday, Everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.06.33 AM.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	158362  

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I will have a quieter day ( literally & figuratively). I took our pug to the vet hospital for her first chemo treatment and then waited for the heating guys to come and clean our wall unit. Our next door neighbor had a new roof put on. Hammering for 2 days. Thankfully they finished last night.
    Hope to get some more blocks pieced together today. Dinner w friends tonight.
    Monique— feel better.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

7. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Monique, I'm not surprised you have a cold. You are a go, go lady and have been places and around lots of people. This is your body's way of saying slow down. Sewing the binding will be a way to sit and rest. I hope that you feel better soon.

I visited mom yesterday, then I got a call from the cleaning lady. She is the BEST. She let me know that some of the clothes I put out for laundry didn't have her name labels. So I went back, picked them up, washed them and today will drop off to that dept for labels. I brought in my Canadiana quilt to show. I'm not surprised that people were in aww. I am too still can't believe I finished it. To note, one 8" block had 64 pieces. I guess this makes me a determined crazy quilter.

I trimmed Boomerang, made the binding, sewed it on. Now I am handsewing it down. This morning I pick up my pink square in a square quilt from a new to me LAQ. Reasonable prices and fast turn around. Then for rest of today, I will sew binding and rest.

Tomorrow 2 of my GF and I are supposed to go shopping in a lovely village an hour from here (Almonte). Unfortunately we are expecting freezing rain and snow, and I don't relish driving in bad weather. So we may have to re-thinking where we go or what we do.

Happy Friday.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Sunny & 70 deg. yest, but now the clouds are back with chance of rain, maybe mixed with snow, over the next 2 days. I'm planning to bake bread today.

Yest. eve. I finally got those 2 mini quilts sandwiched. Had to be careful how I placed my L. hand when I was working on the floor. I washed my Machinger's gloves in prep for doing some FMQ. I still need to clean my Tiara LA & get it ready for the latest project. It's been idle 2 mos.

DH is ready for his breakfast, so no more time now.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. I have not stayed in bed this late in over a month. Feels so good.

Monique, sorry about your cold. I think Suzanne is right about your body saying slow down for a minute and give me a rest.
    Beth, sorry about your dog. May you give each other comfort later today.
    Joy, so glad you'really finally able to get back into the sewing/quilting. Take it slow.

I have the day off from work today. Have a few errands to run this morning. Starting off with getting my nails done, visit a friend that just had a hip replacement, pack for the weekend, and meet DD to pick her up from work around 10 . Pick up DGD after nap time, and then drive to Baton Rouge for niece's bridal shower. It will be nice. All the females in my family will be there. I know mom will be happy to see everyone together for a change. There's usually one or two missing. Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Monique, I'm sorry about the cold. I hope you're able to kick it quickly.

Beth, I hope you have a peaceful day.

Joy, I bet you're excited about getting back to quilting. Listen to your hand and don't over do it.

Suzanne, you're a busy woman! Knocking all of those projects out! Have fun with your friends tomorrow and be safe out in the weather.

Karen, isn't it great to sleep in! I slept in myself, today. Have fun with your family.

Me, well I don't think there is too much going on. No calls for grading at my house today, so I'm going to finish up the tea towels and get them pressed and folded neatly. Then I'm going to look at one of the 60 degree triangle table runner tutorials, I found several for border prints. I hope I have enough to make at least one, but I'm crossing my fingers for two.

Before I start anything else, I need to clean up the kitchen.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After a frustrating week I'm finally getting back on my feet normally. It started out as several nosebleeds last Friday and got progressively worse. This is something I've never had my whole life. By Tuesday it wouldn't stop so I hit the emergency room. I got to wear a "fashion" clamp on my nose with medication for the rest of the day. It finally stopped and I spent the next day sleeping all day and night. Today I'm feeling pretty good and now I have to remember not to overdue it for a week. Today might be a sewing day :-) I really find it difficult sitting still all day or limiting activities when there is something I want to do, and I've never made a "good" patient

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hello JCY, As I was reading your post regarding the weather I thought to myself...you must be from Colorado. I looked at your location and see you actually are. My Aunt and Uncle live in Widefield and we talk about the weather a lot. It amazes me how the weather can change so quickly out there. It is a beautiful area.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post