Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!

Well good morning. I was up a little earlier, Les wasn't home yet from work. He came home around 3am. He works at a bar, that's why. So I had time to download all my shows.

So I had a rather busy day yesterday. I started my day with a load of laundry. I had forgotten that I had planned to make a large batch of spaghetti sauce. So before I started that, I thought of my brother and called him to invite him to join me for dinner. So the spaghetti got made and then it was like, I better do a little cleaning. So that got done. And then if was into the sewing room where I put the binding on the quilt. By then it was getting close to dinner. Oh and the dentist's office called to confirm my appointment for this morning at 8:15. 8:15? My calendar says 10:15. Good thing they called.

We had a lovely dinner and visit. He went home with a couple of projects I asked for and can't do. He works with wood and has basically the same problems quilters do. Too much wood and not enough time, LOL!! I will have a new thread holder and my Minnie Mouse outside decoration will get some much needed repairs.

So yes I get to go to the dentist this morning. YIPEE!! Well not really but my teeth do need a cleaning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	158345

Then there will probably be a few stops on the way home.

So that is what my day looks like. I better get moving.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!

I was awake far too early and decided to get up, and get a move on the day.

Yesterday I picked up my Boomerang quilt from LQS an hour away. Now to check my stash for binding and get it done over the next few days. I also tried making stuffing using waffle maker. I saw it on a carnival food show. It was ok, but took awhile to form. Taste, I really messed up my recipe. It's almost like I dropped the salt shaker. Rated - fail. Go to traditional. I dropped off half the turkey I cooked, spring rice crispie squares and ginger cookies at my daughter. It seems oldest GS picked up flu bug from dad. DD was feeling queezy. Hope the youngest doesn't get it, as I'm supposed to sit him Sunday afternoon.

Still no movement of my 2 M* orders. They haven't moved since arriving in Newark, NJ 2 weeks ago. Disappointed doesn't begin to express how I feel. Oh well, it's another sign that I should shop more locally.

I will visit mom today, and run some errands. I hope to get to the sewing room.

Enjoy your day. Be safe, stay warm and dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

3. Thanks Monique, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Soooo thankful DS#2 made it safely to his Colo. destination yest. ~4:40 p.m. What a long trek he had all the way from the Seattle area to here. Yest.'s leg of the trip was from Evanston, WY. He'll need to get the rental truck unloaded & turned in today. Now if he can just find a job soon. He has the possibility of an upcoming interview.

We enjoyed 80 deg. yest. What a glorious day. I took advantage of the warm day to wash the bathroom rugs. With my new dryer, I cannot dry any rugs with rubber backing on a heat cycle -- only can use no heat air fluff -- so the rugs have to be line dried outside.

Still haven't done any sewing now for 3 days. I've been busy with other stuff.

I follow Bonnie Hunter's blog. I thought her Quiltville quote of the day yest. was worth repeating:

Live without pretending,
    Love without depending,
    Listen without defending,
    Speak without offending.

Have a great day!

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning quilt friends! Over the past two weeks, I have been automatically signed off the forum when I move off the the site, after 6 years of being continuously being signed in! Have any of you experienced this lately?

My friend and I have been customers of the Same Janome dealer for 25 years, until he retired and closed his business in 2017. We are looking for another dealer to affiliate with. One dealer near his business who took his customers is a Bernina dealer also, and the showroom and tech help leans toward Bernina. I had. 2 year old not completely paid for Janome 15000 when my dealer retired, so I was not and AM NOT interested in making a switch to a different brand. Anyway, today we are going across the river to Illinois to audition another Janome dealer, , and I hope for more commitment to my product than the one here in Missouri wants to give. Wish us luck!

Been sewing a lot of bags lately, sprinkled in with a couple of quilt tops that need quilting! Having fun in the sewing room!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	158349

Have a great day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	158348  
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 28th, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....I have to take Little Miss Maggie to the groomer this morning and then stop in at the vet's office for med refills for Dottie. I may make a quick stop at the Dollar Tree to see if I can find a stand for a garden flag.

Jean, I feel your pain about the lack of support/service for your Janome. Mine needs routine servicing.

There is nothing fun happening here. We are waiting to hear from the insurance company regarding approval for Jeff's first surgery. This matter has been in the works for two weeks now.

I'm off to organize my morning trip. Sugar and Dot won't be happy being left at home and Maggie going with me today. They will make me pay in some way, just wait and see.

Have a great day everyone....

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. It's a nice sunny morning here so far. We took a walk yesterday morning and it felt great! Hopefully we can fit one in this morning too. I've got another load of laundry to put in and then maybe head out. I need to get back in the sewing room today and work on a hooded towels order I have. Yesterday I was making good progress when I needed to remove the hoop to clear a bit of a thread tangle and then when it started up again it was all misa!igned. Oh I was so frustrated! So I stepped away from that project, moved on to something else and I will go back and try again this morning. Wish me luck.

We didn't try to get Tessa to take the bottle yesterday. Kathryn decided to go to a lactation support group meeting instead to see if anyone could give her some tips on things to try. Since the meeting overlapped when Henry got out of school, hubby and I picked him up. Boy he was surprised and happy to see us. A bit confused but happy nonetheless. So we got to spend some time with him and got to see Tessa for a bit too when they got home.

Yesterday evening I had dinner with a few former co-workers. Had a real fun time. And today is the start of Baseball Season!!!! I love baseball and the Yankees. Go Yanks!

Suzanne, WOW, I think I would have fainted at the cashiers desk! Joy, glad your son made it to CO. Monique, sounds like a real fun day yesterday.

Jean, I hope the new dealer you are going to check out is a better support for you. Barb, I hope you hear from the insurance company soon. They do take their time don't they.

Off I go to enjoy this gift of another day. Have a wonderful one all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All.
    I need to clean my house today! We will be puppy sitting this weekend which means people coming over. Nala is a little spit fire from the last litter we bred, she sure gives her mom a hard time. I guess her latest antics include barking while mom is in the shower. Any suggestions about what to do about that?

I’m still plugging away on my SS project, slow but steady progress.
    Pam

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning everyone!

I'm bragging, my cousin, wife and friends have a new book out. https://www.amazon.com/Book-Comforts...GKvPxIFvffRBPc I got my copy yesterday. I've looked through and love it!

I worked on 1/2" hexies yesterday. I have one more set to put together, then onto the tea towels they go! I'm pleased with how this little project is working out. I needed a change of pace. I have the border strips starched, so I'll start on the table runner for Tammy and Brian later today or tomorrow morning.

Mike wanted to do J's science experiment today. It's a good thing, because while Mike was fiddling around in the kitchen, I was able to tell J he had to hurry up and finish his math that we didn't get to yesterday before he could go see what Mike was doing. Talk about a speed demon when the motivation is there! Otherwise, it's like pulling teeth!

The winds have calmed down a little. Yesterday, there was a constant whistle at the storm door.

The third bloom opened up on the amaryllis. It's really pretty. I'm glad that it's doing well. One more blossom to open. I'm going to look for my plant food to add to the water.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Good morning quilt friends! Over the past two weeks, I have been automatically signed off the forum when I move off the the site, after 6 years of being continuously being signed in! Have any of you experienced this lately?
    Hey Jean, I had to log in today, right after an update. Did you remember to check the remember me box right past the log on box? I forgot to click there and had to sign in again when I returned this afternoon.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

17. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I never stay logged in to any web site. I sign in every time. I totally shut down my laptop between uses. In computer class I was taught to never allow your computer to "sleep" or hibernate, etc. It's too easy for things to happen to unattended computers -- like Trojans, viruses, zillions of cookies, etc. I run CCleaner at least once a day, but usually more than once. All my other virus scans are run weekly, except for Defraggler, which is once a mo. One can't be too careful.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post