The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not impressed with FedexMalView

I'm really glad to hear this Bill.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Our number one focus has been on our ability to get orders out the door, which we're doing remarkably well right now. Following that, shipping speed is a huge conversation over here (as you can well imagine) we have a smattering of you that currently get offered an 2day shipping option on checkout right now, which is something we've been working on for sometime. Our end goal is to keep our same super basic shipping for as cheap as we can but give you options you can choose from. We have the infrastructure in place, we're stress testing everything now, and should have a compliment of shipping speeds and prices everyone can choose from shortly.
    I have been very happy with getting the order out the door (has been the same day or the next day on my past 3 orders and that includes yardage being cut). That being said, since you have changed over to Fed Ex, getting it has taken a minimum of 1 week and closer to 2 weeks on two of the orders. I hope that one of your options that you offer is the $5 shipping either with USPS or UPS Smartpost.

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. By the time I get it I forgot why I wanted it.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Our number one focus has been on our ability to get orders out the door, which we're doing remarkably well right now. Following that, shipping speed is a huge conversation over here (as you can well imagine) we have a smattering of you that currently get offered an 2day shipping option on checkout right now, which is something we've been working on for sometime. Our end goal is to keep our same super basic shipping for as cheap as we can but give you options you can choose from. We have the infrastructure in place, we're stress testing everything now, and should have a compliment of shipping speeds and prices everyone can choose from shortly.
    I have been choosing to order mostly from FatQuarterShop (and others) with $4.95 USPS 2 day shipping. Do you have any plans to beat that? If not, you are not giving me reason to order from M*.
    Last edited by dwil23; April 8th, 2019 at 02:18 AM.
    Donna

7. Thanks shermur, SuzanneOrleansOntario, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    I have been choosing to order mostly from FatQuarterShop (and others) with $4.95 USPS 2 day shipping. Do you have any plans to beat that? If not, you are not giving me reason to order from M*.
    Yeah, you're not getting 2 day shipping with them, you're getting priority which we'll certainly offer as well. We're less expensive than them across the board (yardage, charm packs, jelly rolls, etc) I'm not sure the priority mail will be a $5 offering, but I'd expect it to be close and then include a number of other options (overnight for emergencies, things like that)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you're not getting 2 day shipping with them, you're getting priority which we'll certainly offer as well. We're less expensive than them across the board (yardage, charm packs, jelly rolls, etc) I'm not sure the priority mail will be a $5 offering, but I'd expect it to be close and then include a number of other options (overnight for emergencies, things like that)
    Yes, Priority is also referred to as "2 day". As far as prices go, yours are less on some things, but they have lower prices on other things. Fabric is about .25 cents a yard more. You would have to buy more than 28 yards to justify the $7 surcharge. Precuts vary as to who has the best rpice. I am not here to advertise for them, just trying to make the point that there are better shipping options. If I didn't care about M* I would have quit looking at this site a long time ago. Maybe it's time (for me) to take the hint....(and the hike).
    Donna

10. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    Yes, Priority is also referred to as "2 day". As far as prices go, yours are less on some things, but they have lower prices on other things. Fabric is about .25 cents a yard more. You would have to buy more than 28 yards to justify the $7 surcharge. Precuts vary as to who has the best rpice. I am not here to advertise for them, just trying to make the point that there are better shipping options. If I didn't care about M* I would have quit looking at this site a long time ago. Maybe it's time (for me) to take the hint....(and the hike).
    Wasn't trying to come off as snippy, I'm just typing fast and not paying attention to how it's sounding. It's hard to compare apples to apples, but we are definitely building options that should address your concerns directly.

Def not trying to send a hint, you have a place here, you've been here nearly as long as I have

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I feel compelled to join in the conversation this time around. Iíve followed MSQC since it started and have felt a certain sense of loyalty and pride in their success. Unfortunately, these have been really tested because of the shipping undependability. Iíve found their prices are usually in line with other online stores, and the shipping has been faster from the other places. If my buying patterns resemble othersí habits, it seems like the online sales may suffer. Itís not the speed that the orders are processed; itís the shipping choices. Thereís no reason to use shipping that takes so long to reach the customer if customer service is a goal.