Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not impressed with FedexMalView

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post
    You guys make me so thankful that I have several good local quilt shops near me. I am blessed.
    KarenC. I have many LQS nearby as well, each carrying very different lines of fabric. While I do spend the greater part of my quilt budget there, sometimes they run out of many fabrics in a collection, and they rarely re-order. Also fabrics range from $18-25 per metre, and that add up fast. A few of them have bargain area for 40-50% off but then, it's what's left Ina collection. I know if I'm in a store when they are putting out new fabrics, I check those out, and if I love it, will buy 5-6m. At US prices of $10-12, even with exchange, I order from US.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post

FedEx has their 'ways'. What's annoying is when it's just across the border in GA and they send it back to NC before moving toward FL. Stupid, if you ask me!
    Personally, I'd just as soon have the USPS deliver my packages.
    When they did this with my package I was willing to think it was put on the wrong truck by mistake. If they regularly send FL packages from GA to NC, then FedEx really needs a geography lesson! I, too, would prefer the postal system.
    Lyn

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justLyn View Post
    When they did this with my package I was willing to think it was put on the wrong truck by mistake. If they regularly send FL packages from GA to NC, then FedEx really needs a geography lesson! I, too, would prefer the postal system.
    I live at the N Arkansas border and all mine goes to Mississippi then has to come back. Kind of like an idiot race....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Well ladies I feel your pain my order took 29 days to get to Hawaii after slowly getting to the west coast, sitting there for almost two weeks, then turned over to USPS and finally I got it. I had forgotten my ordeal and ordered two jelly rolls on sale, and that one took 2 weeks to get here.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My packages to Florida make at least 3 if not four stops in North Carolina before getting to me on the west coast of Florida. Kernersville, Concord, Charlotte and some other small town. I have tracked them on the map and they literally go back and forth not moving in my direction. Extremely irritating!
    Donna

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got one package this week. Took 21 days. Still waiting for #2.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, progress......
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly has M* said lately concerning this problem? I have only ordered once since this fiasco started. It was on a free shipping day and was here in less than a week. I was floored but happy. Since I was only stockpiling batting I really wasn't worried about the shipping time. There have been several times I would have liked to order but I went with other shops because of the shipping concerns. I wonder if there has been a significant loss in their revenue due to this problem.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LLLinda View Post
    What exactly has M* said lately concerning this problem? I have only ordered once since this fiasco started. It was on a free shipping day and was here in less than a week. I was floored but happy. Since I was only stockpiling batting I really wasn't worried about the shipping time. There have been several times I would have liked to order but I went with other shops because of the shipping concerns. I wonder if there has been a significant loss in their revenue due to this problem.
    I am guessing that on-line sales must be down.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LLLinda View Post

Our number one focus has been on our ability to get orders out the door, which we're doing remarkably well right now. Following that, shipping speed is a huge conversation over here (as you can well imagine) we have a smattering of you that currently get offered an 2day shipping option on checkout right now, which is something we've been working on for sometime. Our end goal is to keep our same super basic shipping for as cheap as we can but give you options you can choose from. We have the infrastructure in place, we're stress testing everything now, and should have a compliment of shipping speeds and prices everyone can choose from shortly.

17. Thanks LLLinda thanked for this post