Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuesday.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	158317

Good morning everyone. Well it is a new day with new adventures. Today I have guild and it is a show and tell session. So I will take my butterfly quilt and a quilt I am currently working on that was Bonnie's to show. A friend also has some dark purple for the binding on the butterfly quilt, so I may not have to go buy some. I know it is hard to believe that I don't have any in my stash. What I thought I had is purple but subtly gets lighter, weird.

I had an adventure yesterday. I have an older embroidery machine, it a singer 6268. Well it was getting the better of me as I could not get it to do what I wanted it to do. It just was not cooperating. I finished what I wanted and then went back to see if I could get it to work. Well it semi worked but I finally gave in and put it away. The butterfly quilt got trimmed and will make it to guild today. While I am out and about, I will pick up some much needed groceries as well. I also got to ebay and ordered a new battery for my cell phone. And I am waiting on pink squares that are coming in the mail, maybe today. Last night I headed over to Bonnie's to water the plants so that job is done.

Les has to work today so I will try and visit a friend this afternoon while waiting for him. I heard that she hasn't been well recently so a visit is due. And so that is what my day is shaping up to be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4daW2215.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	158318

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!

Good morning. I had a busy day yesterday— working out , grocery shopping, meeting a friend for coffee, a visit to the vets. Today I tutor my Japanese ladies and have a neck message later in the afternoon. I may get into my sewing room in between these appt. I am making progress on my quilt blocks.
    Monique— you are one busy lady today. Thanks for including the cute pictures with you post.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I’m up super early today (4am here).
    Yesterday I finished cutting the prism quilt from the class I took and got it put away for now. I took out my ss project and worked on it for a few hours. I realized I had ironed about half the seams wrong so spent some time remedying that. Dh made the most incredible dinner, steak rolls. I’d never had them before. I hope he makes them again.

Today I’ve got errands to run and I’d like to make some serious progress on ss.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.
    Pam

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....I should have a good day. My GF Janice is taking me out for lunch to celebrate my birthday (which was last month). I always enjoy my time with Janice but we don't see enough of each other.

I visited the doctor yesterday and had tests done and got a shot in my left thumb for the arthritis. It feels much worse today than yesterday. It can take time I'm told.

Monique, you are a perpetual motion machine! I used to be like that but I'm in low gear now for sure.

Our little Sugar is an unhappy girl. It seems she doesn't want to eat her food anymore, prefering to eat only treats. After talking to her Vet we are exercising some tough love with her and have taken all of her treats away until she resumes eating real food again. This is a real stand off! It nearly makes Jeff cry to see her begging for treats. It bothers me, but I realize it's for her benefit. Once she starts eating again her treats will come back in smaller amounts. I would love to eat only chocolate and Gardettos snack mix.

It's time to see Jeff off to work. Have a great day everyone!

6. Thanks quiltingaway, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies and all who follow,

I kept waking up, everytime DH got up, probably 3-4x last night. Usually doesn't wake me, but it might have been all those crazy dreams I have also been having lately. Too many things to do, not enough time with wuilting distractions. Finally got up, made coffee and fed the cats.

Monique, that's one busy day, as I see others are also busy. Love your hair flip picture, reminds me I have to find a hairdresser and get a haircut today.
    Pam - I would love to know more about the steak roll. Is is like a roulade? Thin beef wrapped around a vegetable or stuffing?

Yesterday was a paperwork day - medical claims, paying bills, answering emails. My DD had also requested family geneology, as her DH's aunt is updating family history. Well, that is interesting, as I have the book prepared on my father's side (Quenneville) started 100+ years ago by a great aunt. Then a cousin of mine picked it up about 30 years ago, which goes back to Normandie in 1630s. Fascinating. There are documents and pictures. On my mom's side, we have a book of her dad's side done by her cousin who lives nearby. It was done also about 25 years ago, so it isn't updated with GKs. My maternal grandparents history (Aubin Lambert dit Champagne) also goes back to France in the 1600s. I had been curious about my maternal grandma's history, and I started gathering this info when mom broke her hip. This reminds me that I have to continue this research. There are some 2nd cousins in the area which may have that tesearch already done. I think this could be a big project to undertake to update the information for the past 25-30 years, but could be easier now with Facebook and emails. Maybe when I get old. Haha

Today's mission - find hairdresser, get haircut.

Enjoy your day. Sending prayers to all those affected by the floods, excessive rain and generally bad start to spring.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks PamelaOry, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Our little Sugar is an unhappy girl. It seems she doesn't want to eat her food anymore, prefering to eat only treats. After talking to her Vet we are exercising some tough love with her and have taken all of her treats away until she resumes eating real food again. This is a real stand off! It nearly makes Jeff cry to see her begging for treats. It bothers me, but I realize it's for her benefit. Once she starts eating again her treats will come back in smaller amounts. I would love to eat only chocolate and Gardettos snack mix.
    Barb - oh they have us so well trained, but it's sometimes necessary for their own good. Our cats have me trained. At 9pm, they come and hunt me down, for their treats. A few years ago, our PJ had health issues and so it was suggested he not get the treats (for 4 months). Well, I got the look for months, and even the mention of the word 'treat' had them running to me. Now they returned to their 9pm treat time, but they get fewer and I make them beg more, or they get bored.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks PamelaOry, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Morgan's off, so no kiddos this morning. I looked at the clock when it clicked over to 6 and rolled over.

The wind got the better of my amaryllis, and knocked the pot off of the smoker. It broke the stem off. I went ahead and cut it off and put the stem in a vase here in the house. We'll see if it get to stay inside. The bulb is so root bound. At school, I'd do bulb lesson at this point, but I'm thinking about planting the bulb in the front yard. I guess it would look silly with just one.

The aloe plant that Morgan gave me, is getting so big, it's in the way in the house. I'm wondering about sticking it outside, too.

My cousin and his wife have a book coming out today. The Book of Comforts: Genuine Comforts for Hard Times. Caleb Faires is the artist, his wife is one of the writers. I'm looking forward to getting it tomorrow from Amazon. Caleb takes after his mother, Martha she made the painting in my grandkids room that I shared with you all.

Last night's dinner was almost a flop. Mike grilled steaks for the grown ups and hamburgers for the kiddos. J loves steak and apparently Jim had promised him steak next time they grilled out. Jim was just going to give J his steak, but I put my foot down. He was not! So, they compromised, Jim split his steak and J split his hamburger and they shared. Z slept through dinner and didn't want to eat when he got up, he wanted to play. They all left early since Jim wanted to get rid of the bushes in his front yard. lol,

If you missed Martha Stewart's hint on the Kitchen the other day, here it is and it works. Once you bake your potato, slam it on the counter top before you serve it. The potato is creamier and lighter. I was amazed- it works! Now we say 'don't forget to splat your potato'.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks PamelaOry, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=KPH;1058625]
    If you missed Martha Stewart's hint on the Kitchen the other day, here it is and it works. Once you bake your potato, slam it on the counter top before you serve it. The potato is creamier and lighter. I was amazed- it works! Now we say 'don't forget to splat your potato'.

I will try and splat my potatoe next time, LOL!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I read that amaryllis love being root bound and when you plant them outside you can plant container and all. One won't look silly, it will just look like the queen.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ Never heard of splatting potatoes. Ha! I so seldom eat white potatoes anyway; they really raise my blood sugar b/c they have such a high glycemic index. When I do indulge in one, I just do a small one in the microwave.

Well, DS#2 made it as far as Pendleton, OR yest. where he stopped for the night. It's still a long ways to CO.

The nurse thinks my SIL may have a fractured upper femur. They didn't get the portable x-ray till 5 p.m. yest., so my niece still didn't know the results last eve. They've increased her pain meds. I'll learn more today. My niece has been given more time to get out of their 2 BR apt. The mgmt. has offered her a 1 BR apt. in that same complex; it needs some work done before she can move into it. They have waived April's rent. She is much relieved.

Yest. I cut backing & batting for the 2 mini quilts. The larger of the 2 measures 28x28". Clipped threads, spray starched & pressed both tops & backings. Both are ready to be sandwiched.

The lawn service owner came by yest. p.m. He'll work up an estimate. Dirt will need to be brought in to level the areas. I have to decide on grass seeding vs. sod. I asked him to figure it both ways. Seeding will require watering 3 times/day, which would be a nuisance. Having to water so much for a month would really increase our water bill. Sod is more expensive, but in the long run would be easier. Five sprinkler heads need to be moved. I have no clue what the estimate will be. I just know it won't be cheap.

Our temp. yest. got up to 70 deg. I opened the front screen for about 20 min. to let in the fresh air. It's supposed to be even warmer the next 2 days. My tulips are coming up. The crocuses are blooming. It's time to cut back the clematis. Maybe I'll do a little yard work today while it's nice. There's a chance of rain/snow this week end.

Katrina ~ My dad liked to grow amaryllis. I never heard of putting them outside. Of course, we did not live in a southern state where the weather was milder. Sorry yours got blown over.

17. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post