Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Visiting MSQC in 2019

I had the opportunity to visit last year the week after the birthday bash. It was very enjoyable to not have the crowds. Jenny had a trunk show scheduled one of the days I was there and that morning tour buses came into town and it became very crowded.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I visited last summer, and planned my trip to Hamilton on the day that Jenny had a trunk show. Get your ticket ahead of time. There were no special events, but there was a retreat going on and I think there were two buses that day. It was pleasant shopping with not too many people.

They must open up other venues for people to eat when there's a bash or large event, as Hamilton is pretty small and very few reataurants. These were all busy when I was there.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

It is super crowded on the weekend of the Birthday Bash. It is also JC Penney days, and Saturday, the entire block in front of the main shop is set up with local vendors selling their wares. Much like an outdoor craft and vendor show. You can get everything from fresh fried pork rinds to handcrafted leather goods After last year I am not sure I will go for the B'day bash...but will be there right after for the forum retreat. If I do go early I will most likely stay with a friend, or my niece, and may drive in for a day, either Saturday or Friday.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......