Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you know someone who is expecting a boy....make them smile a little!

I got a little carried away after making self-binding blankets and burp cloths, but maybe you know about the things on top of the stack of stuff I made for a little boy on the way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nicole3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	158279

Give up?

Place one of these 100% cotton teepees on your baby boy's wee-week and avoid being sprinkled at diaper changing time.

There are tuts out there, but I found an easier method so if you want it, PM me and I'll send directions. And, of course, they are out there for sale.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: If you know someone who is expecting a boy....make them smile a little!

OMgoodness! How cute and what a clever idea. I have two great grandbabies expected: one end of April one mid August. Neither one are going to reveal the gender. I MAY have to make some of these depending on what we are blessed with
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: If you know someone who is expecting a boy....make them smile a little!

Very cute and so original!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Without reading your entire post, my first thought were hats for cone head babies, but then I remember having a baby boy, and baby grandson....pee guards!

Now i'll go back to your post to see if I was right with my second guess.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Wee-wee Teepees - Love it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a delightful idea! Who hasn't gotten sprayed a time or two during diaper changes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha. really cute and great idea. long,long ago my son was being examined by his Doctor. my son "got" the Doctor right under his arm pit, white jacket too. I suppose he was used to that happening.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How CUTE! That is a brilliant idea. God blessed us with all daughters, but half our grandchildren are boys, so I finally know what those wee-wee tee-pees are for!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It didn't take but one time for me to figure out I needed to have something ready to cover the "fountain". Usually it was the new diaper but occasionally it would be his clothes just taken off or a handy towel. It was nothing as cute as the teepee.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LLLinda View Post
    It didn't take but one time for me to figure out I needed to have something ready to cover the "fountain". Usually it was the new diaper but occasionally it would be his clothes just taken off or a handy towel. It was nothing as cute as the teepee.
    I agree; had four boys. Why I like giving these along with other things is mostly for the chuckles they get from them. One of the recipients thought they were hats for their cats!
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown