Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday!!

Good morning dear friends. It was another boring day of just hand quilting. Can't wait to get this one done and off the frame. I am getting there.

Les has to take his sister to the city for an appointment so I will have most of the day to myself. We might get some snow but so far it has just been rain. We don't need any more white stuff.

Did anyone catch a new show on tv called The Village? I watched the pilot and it seemed like a really good show. This is what it is about: Residents of a unique apartment building in Brooklyn build a bonded family of friends and neighbors.

Maizyn has her field trip today. She had lost her permission slip and I was afraid she wouldn't be able to go. We spoke last night and she was able to get another one. It makes this grandma happy. Her teacher has a youtube channel that he adds these excursions to, so I subscribed to it and the next morning he asked her about it and she confirmed that I was her grandma (same last name). Pretty cool to watch.

So that what my day is shaping up to be. I will quilt most of the day I think unless this squirrel brain decides otherwise, LOL!!

There is nothing really planned for the weekend either.

Have a great day and weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks MaggieSue, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday!!

Just a quick good Morning to everyone. Off to work. A day of account reconciliations.

4. Thanks Monique, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!

Never heard of the TV show......then again, I don’t watch much TV. Mostly old movies.
    Monique, How fun to watch Maizyn and her pals!
    Enjoy your quilting time.

Saw some white stuff coming down this am. Hoping that’s all it is......today is the first day where I see NO white stuff or ice on the ground. Sure don’t want/need anymore. Looking forward to a real spring soon.

I think I’m going to take a break from here and won’t be on for awhile. Lots of family stuff going on.

Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

Attachment 158261

6. Thanks Monique, MaggieSue, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Oh, Anita, I broke out laughing when I saw today dog pic! It brightened my morning.

Yest. we had 65 deg., a sunny a.m., a PC afternoon. Might get a rain shower today. It's our Lady Bugs lunch day. Today we're eating at Red Lobster. I didn't go last mo. They ate at an Italian place & I didn't see anything on the menu I wanted. Too many pasta items for me, since I have diabetes.

Yest. I actually made it to the sewing room for 40 min. Got more of the HSTs sewn together. Made good progress even in those few min.

Today is DS#2's last day of work. Only 1/2 day. He picks up the Penske rental truck. He'll be in CO by next week. The town where he'll be living is ~35 mi. away, a 50 min. drive in good weather & traffic. It will be nice to have him close by.

I haven't watched today's tut yet, but just from looking at the pic, I know it won't be on my bucket list.

8. Thanks Monique, MaggieSue, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all. Happy Friday. It has been such a busy week. Everyday has been filled with doctor's appointments, tests, paperwork, trips to Soc. Security, phone calls, etc. for dh and me. We did receive some paperwork yesterday in the mail that needs to be brought down to S.S. in order to apply for Medicare part B but I think that we will put that off until Monday morning. It's a rainy day here and I think we both just need a day to be home. We did have a bit of a visit with little Tessa and Henry yesterday afternoon. Kathryn and Tessa came over here yesterday for a little while and then we went over to her house and I surprised Henry by picking him up at school. It just melts my heart when he sees me waiting for him when he gets out of school and he runs to me with a big smile and gives me a big hug. We get to have a great one-on-one conversation on the walk home.

I have gotten into my sewing room a little bit over the last few days. Being in there definitely helps me just slow down and breathe.

Monique, I didn't get to see The Village. I did want to. I am going to try and see if it is available On Demand. I am glad that Maizyn got to go on her field trip. Anita, sorry to hear you might be taking time away from here but family comes first. You will be missed while you are taking your break and we will be here waiting for you. Joy, glad to hear your son will be living close to you.

Not sure what is on our agenda for the weekend. I think I will work on making Tessa's bunny for her first Easter. Have a good day all.
    Last edited by Ginny B; March 22nd, 2019 at 09:20 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

This week has been busy and next week will also. Today Sugar goes to the groomer in Houston to have a spa day. Her toenails are like daggers. Dottie will be upset that she has to stay at home but I don't want to leave Maggie all alone. It's brutal taking all three of them at the same time. One of them gets car sick and we have yet to figure out if it's Sugg or Maggs. My bet is on Sugar just because she has a bit of a touchy tummy and burps a lot. She's also our hyper pup.

Jeff will be having surgery soon on a hernia. We are waiting for a call from the surgeon's office regarding an appointment.

Wishing everyone a good Friday and weekend....Hugs...

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It's clouded over today and I think we may get some rain/wet snow later. We only have a short appt today, and maybe I'll drop by to see mom.

Yesterday, I finished quilting Canadiana. I used rulers, and made freezer paper maple leafs to FMQ on the border. I also made the binding & sewed it on. I have about 1/3 of it hand sewn. I will work on that today. Then I'll get DH to make the label. The top has been sitting for a few years waiting to be quilted, and now it is done. Yeah!

Not much going on besides that, and that's quite ok with me. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Monique, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

As an old Brooklynite I'm going to see if we receive The Village on our cable.
    Have a good weekend everyone, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRIDAY HAPPY.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	158263

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Slow getting here this morning, I had two coughing spells last night and I guess to make up for it I slept until 8:30. It's definitely pollen season here.

The backing fabric arrived for Gracie's quilt. I ordered a print with words of hope and inspiration. I'll add the borders now and hopefully have it ready to go in the mail by Monday. I'll send it to her Grandma since I don't have their address.

I went to VERC yesterday. It's really easy to get to from here. They have a course that I can't take, 12 weeks on M/W or T/TH and it's an all day thing. If I was a whole lot worse and not able to take care of the kids, cook, etc. I'd probably take it. They also have someone to come to the home. That's where I'm going to focus my energies. The things I need help with are specific to where I am, and they'll come once or twice a week for a couple of hours and it can be scheduled for afternoons when the kids aren't here.

I took Mike to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner last night. He'd never been. I tried to make sure we were there while the basketball games were still going on downtown! We timed it perfectly, no lines to get in and the service was quick! I got the snack size, he got the small. lol, his eyes were bigger than his stomach! We left there and he went to B&N to book shop, I went to Dillards to shirt shop. I found two blouses that I really loved, so I bought them!

Jim wants to talk about the new training program he's looking at. Computer coding, goes in one ear and right out the other for me, but if it would make him happy, I'm all for it. The local PEP administrators decided he was too stressed and cut his schedule, which cuts his pay (can you say - way more stress!). It's not going to work for him. Now that they've set the schedule, they're having difficulties finding solutions for what their students want and need. Jim's gone in at both campuses and fixed problems they've set up for themselves and added one more course to his day. He's planning on working next year with them while he's working on this coding course. There are 7 kids that want him to teach Government and Econ. over the summer. So, he's contacting their parents and setting up 12 sessions with them for this summer. I hope that will work out for all of them, Jim for the extra money, and the kids so that they won't have two days a week with absolutely no break!

I'd best get started if I'm going to get anything done!

Prayers for those in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I'm visiting my girls (daughter and her roommate) in Minneapolis for a few days. My sister lives about 40 minutes from my daughter's place, so I'm going to go spend the day with her while the girls are at work. Then we'll go out to supper at Cracker Barrel....I haven't been there in years and am looking forward to it. Tomorrow will probably be some shopping at IKEA...dangerous place for me...and maybe some thrift store browsing. DD loves loves shopping at those places. And you never know what treasures you'll find! I don't know if I'll get to any quilt shops, but maybe today when I'm with my sister.

Wishing everyone a blessed day!

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post