Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday morning hellos

Good morning friends. Well I am just about done the butterfly quilt. I have about 4 more blocks to do and then I can add the binding. Thankful to get this one done soon.

So that is what I worked on yesterday. Not sure what today will bring. Hubby was looking at a butcher's block on Kiijijii (lordy, we don't need one and where are we going to put it) so it may be a road trip day. Who knows!!

Other than than there really isn't much happening around here. We did get a little of the awful white stuff but I don't think we got as much as what they were calling for.

In any case, have an awesome day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday morning hellos

Good morning Monique and all who follow,

I look forward to seeing your butterfly quilt. It sounds lovely. We got wet snow, bit of rain, but gone. What kept me up last night night was the howling winds, and now that the snow has all melted off the pergola, all I heard was the wind going through it. I felt like I was in tornado alley. I was sure something would rip off the house, or tree branches through glass.

I'm pleased to have finished my Canadiana quilt. While I am happy with the quilting, I'm still struggling with consistent stitch length. I do not want to get the stitch regulator as I know I would find this cumbersome on a sit-down machine. I am really re-thinking my approach to quilting. Perhaps I am coming to term I may become a topper, the part I love best and only occassionally quilt them myself.

I'm up early as my GF Pat and I are going shopping on the Quebec side of the river. I need to look for a dress or an outfit for the christening in April. My dressy clothes are all too big, and too outdated to alter. I guess I have relaxed my clothing style since I retired. I also want to go to a fabric store to get some NHL Canadians fabric. I hope its not out of stock. I want to back my GS quilt for his birthday in May. There is also a lovely bakery next door that has fantastic sandwiches and homemade soups. Oh and desserts. So that's my day.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Monique, PamelaOry, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Mild & 42 here. The rain hasn't shown up yet. The foothills & mts. are to get snow.

Yest. I finished sewing together the HSTs on that 2nd mini quilt. After sewing together one of the seams, the points did not match up to my satisfaction, so I ripped it out, re-did it as carefully as possible, & they still didn't match up well enough, so I ripped it out again. I chose to put a narrow sashing down the center & add narrow borders of the same fabric. I'll add a wider border when that's done. I can live with plan B.

There were 13 of us for Lady Bugs lunch yest. The sun came out at noon, so I drove out to our Air Care Colorado, the emissions testing station & got the Mercury tested. It has to be done every 2 yrs. with license registration renewal. Only 2 cars ahead of me. I was in/out in 20 min. A quick stop at the bank & the bakery, & I was home before 2 p.m.

Yest. was DS#2's last day of work. He'll be loading the rental truck this week end. He'll be starting a new chapter in his life.

Well, time to get on with day.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the black and white and red quilt yesterday and after all the time spent I am really disappointed in it. I have it laying on my foot stool and am hoping it grows on me. I think its just not my colors.
    I have another one ready to quilt and I'm afraid I don't like it any better. Oh well. Maybe the next one.
    Looks like a blue sky day. Wind whipped again last night and its only 30 this morning. Hopefully it will get warmer.
    Earl (the cat) wants my attention and I'm going to sit with coffee and hold him

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Not much on my to do list today. I had 4 appts yesterday. I went to bed early last night. I finished cutting the pieces of my quilt. Now the fun starts — sewing the blocks . Suzanne— I consider myself a topper . I tried to do free motion quilting and never got the hang of it. So I take my quilts to be quilted by a longarmer.

It is cool and windy here too. Feels lik3 it is in the 20s now. Have a good day.
    Beth

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Rough night, not sure why, but I made up for it by sleeping until 9. I certainly can't get in this habit!

Yesterday was on and off, I put the borders on Gracie's quilt and got it sandwiched. I managed to stitch in the ditch on the rows last night. Today I'll do the columns. Nothing fancy, that's for sure! I'm hoping I'll get the borders done today, we'll see how my shoulders feel after doing the long columns! Mike wasn't thrilled about my backing choice until he started reading what it said. He approves now. lol, too bad if he didn't!

I'm thinking I'll take a break from bigger tops and go back and finish up a few more SS gifts. I know what Dec. is going to be and I'll make two, one for SS and one for Jim's in-laws. They'll match the place mats and mug rugs I made for them a couple of years ago.

Melinda called this morning. She's frustrated with the new principal, but I know Mel, she'll stand her ground and do what's best for her students. She told me the AMS conference is in DC this weekend. I remember going to the last one held there. It certainly was a lot of fun. I'm glad there are several teachers from my old school that got to go. I kind of miss going to be a part of all of the fun and learning that goes on there.

Suzanne, after yesterday and straightening/ sandwiching Gracie's quilt, I may be a topper from now own too! I've never been great at FMQ because my machine has had problems switching from feed dogs down and up, but that sandwiching part is getting to be too much for me!

Terri, you've spent so much time on your quilt, I hope it does grow on you! Maybe, it's one of those things you've worked on it so long, you're just tired of it.

Monique, oh the butcher blocks... reminds me of Howard's aunt Peggy. She had one in her kitchen, complete with a well worn divot in the center, nothing sat flat on it. but she used it every day.

Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All.

Terry, your quilt is amazing. Maybe you just need a break from it, or maybe it’s not going to end up living at your house, if you need my address let me know.

All is cool and rainy around here. The birds are going crazy around the nest boxes, yep, it’s spring!

I got the binding machined on the wool monster, now it’s just a matter of hand sewing down the binding and it’ll be finished. I’m excited to try and sleep under it, by far the biggest quilt I’ve ever owned.

I have a ombré quilt class today at the lqs so need to get going to get ready, have a wonderful Saturday Everyone!
    Pam

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today is our last full day with the grand-pup. It's been an interesting week; one day involved a puppy bath after getting into mischief outside. No sewing happened all week with him here so I'm getting antsy. Hopefully I'll get back to the sewing room tomorrow evening.
    I'm definitely a topper, at least with anything larger than a throw. I just don't enjoy pushing and pulling fabric through my machine. When I do quilt something it's just walking foot straight lines but hey, it holds all the layers together so I'm happy with it.
    Hope it feels like Spring where you are. We got an inch of snow overnight.
    Happy Saturday!

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Good morning Monique and all who follow,

I look forward to seeing your butterfly quilt. It sounds lovely. We got wet snow, bit of rain, but gone. What kept me up last night night was the howling winds, and now that the snow has all melted off the pergola, all I heard was the wind going through it. I felt like I was in tornado alley. I was sure something would rip off the house, or tree branches through glass.

I'm pleased to have finished my Canadiana quilt. While I am happy with the quilting, I'm still struggling with consistent stitch length. I do not want to get the stitch regulator as I know I would find this cumbersome on a sit-down machine. I am really re-thinking my approach to quilting. Perhaps I am coming to term I may become a topper, the part I love best and only occassionally quilt them myself.

I'm up early as my GF Pat and I are going shopping on the Quebec side of the river. I need to look for a dress or an outfit for the christening in April. My dressy clothes are all too big, and too outdated to alter. I guess I have relaxed my clothing style since I retired. I also want to go to a fabric store to get some NHL Canadians fabric. I hope its not out of stock. I want to back my GS quilt for his birthday in May. There is also a lovely bakery next door that has fantastic sandwiches and homemade soups. Oh and desserts. So that's my day.

Enjoy your day.
    How I wish I could afford a sit-down machine like you have.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post