Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday hellos

Good morning friends. Today is a work day. I start at 8 so it will be an early start this morning. Thankfully the weather is good this morning.

I had a really quiet day yesterday and I did absolutely nothing. BUT I did find the reading glasses that I have been searching for the past few months. HOORAY!!

I have a baby quilt ready to take with me today although I don't know how much I will get done. Tomorrow is VQ day so I am hoping that nobody wants me to work tomorrow. Maybe I will hide, LOL!!

Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 170
Size:  9.7 KB

Have an awesome day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday hellos

Mornin y’all!

Monique, sometimes doing nothin is the best! Hope you have a great day at work......so happy you found your glasses! Losing stuff and finding it days....weeks down the road is getting more common for me as I get older......mmmmm, maybe I can claim, I have way to many other important things than in my mind than to keep track of small stuff....yeah...goin with that!

Interesting weather over the weekend. Snow squalls, rain, ice, hail and then sun! Sewed some Saturday.....had to celebrate national quilting day! Relaxed and didn’t get enough sleep......sigh....

Not much planned for the day.....hopefully some sewing!

Hope everyone has a peaceful, joy-filled day. Love and hugs!

Attachment 158194

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

It's going to be a pretty day today. The wind has laid down for now and we should have nice weather for a day or so. The Girls had a good weekend. Even the pups were unusually good...I wonder what they are up to!

Progress on the wedding quilt is quite slow. I think today will be a day of laundry and rest for me.

Today is my Grandma Nan's birthday. She would be 112 if she was still with us...she passed 22 years ago and I miss her every day. She was an Irish grandma to the core. Since her birthday is the day after St Pat's, we always celebrated on the 18th with our traditional Irish meal. I cooked the meat yesterday and I will finish it up today. I plan to make some beer bread today rather than Irish soda bread.

That's all I have for this morning. Hugs, Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was busy around here. I pulled together Gracie's quilt. The bulk of it is done, now I'm waiting on the backing before I start with the borders. I only bought 2 yards of extra wide backing, and it's a directional print. I'm assuming it's running across grain... we'll see.

Not sure what the plan is today. I'm going to put on our corned beef this morning in the crock pot with all of the goodies. I've been looking forward to this meal.

Time to clean up my dining room table again. Not going to mention cleaning up my sewing room, although it needs a good put everything away in it's place session or two.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Still working onthat black and white quilt. I am embroidering the quilting and it looks like I will have about 92 hours in the embroidery. Makes me think FMQ is a snap. lol. Have a good day.

8. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Had the worst cold the past week or so, pain from head to toe but thank goodness it's finally past. Never did have any corned beef but we'll probably have some soon. DH is Irish and Lithuanian so maybe kielbasi and cabbage will fit the bill.

While I was sick DH did some laundry but never folded it or put it away so that's first on my list this morning and maybe some fabric sorting later. Even sick as I was I was thinking about my stash. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monday happy.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	158199

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All.

Things are still dark here at o’coffee thirty. If today is anything like yesterday, our air conditioner will kick on in the late afternoon to keep us from going warmer than 71. Wow! I think spring is officially here.

I’ve got 2 more blocks to make for exchanges then it’s back to my wip including my August SS gift. I’m excited to get working on that one.
    Not much more to share, have a blessed day everyone.
    Pam

11. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It’s cool and sunny here. Yesterday I had to go buy the items I forgot in SD. I opened and used our new air fryer. I also cut a few blocks for my quilt. We have been watching a lot of college basketball. My DH is a Duke grad, and I am a Carolina grad. My mammogram is scheduled for this afternoon.

Have a good day
    Beth

13. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning forum friends,

It's another sunny day, and at -7C I'm hoping it will bring down more of the snow. Chip inks, cardinals and other critters are coming out. It keeps our boys & us entertained.

I started quilting Canadiana, mostly SID and echo for now, but I do want to try something special in the large blank spaces. I put in about 7 hrs on the weekend. I was originally going to give to a nephew, but now I will give to GS born in 2017, the year of Canada's 150.

Saturday was Cedric's 2nd birthday. Busy and noisy with lots of GKs. He is my sweetie. We also gave baby Michael his quilt. Yesterday we went to Red Lobster with DH's youngest. We hadn't been in awhile, as it changed, not for the best. It was packed and way too good. I have leftovers for lunch today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	158200l

Kids are back to school from March break, and DH noticed a huge area of the school behind us is barricaded and construction site being set up. I will call to find out if we are going to hear construction all summer. The last time they did this, we came back from vacation to a large noisy play structure 20' from our fence. They don't bother to let neighbours know.

Today, I will run errands and see my mom. I will go with DH to his Dr appointment. He is prepping for his flight radio license, and getting stressed.

Have a good day. Be weather wise, and stay safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

15. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.

Barb, better keep an eye on those pups. They may be scheming something sneaky.

May, I'm glad you are feeling better now. I hope you have time to play with your fabric today.

We will be busy this week. It is huge book sale time again! We (I mean the book sale team that I volunteer with) start set up today and the sale is Friday thru Sunday. If you are going to be in the area, it's worth a look! Here's a view from a previous sale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1012634.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	158201
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

17. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post