Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy St. Patrick's Day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	irish blessing.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	158171

We took Maizyn home yesterday. We had a great week and I look forward to more time with her this summer. I always take her in August again.

On the way home we stopped at VV and I got some stretchy fabric and a beach bag. SCORE!! Then it was off to an antique mall. Sadly I broke a glass jar and had to pay for it but not full price, thankfully, $25. Waiting for Les and I spy a small sewing machine on a low shelf, $20. It came home with me. Had supper out and slowly made our way home. I have to work tomorrow and it will be an early start so I may not have time to get here. Not much planned for today.

Have a great day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday my almost 10-year-old GD came over, and we played with the sewing machine I gave her for Christmas. Her mom wanted her to leave it at my house since mom doesn't have any sewing skills and wouldn't be able to help her. So far she has made a small quilt, and 2 pairs of flannel PJ pants. She wanted to take her machine home with her after our sewing session. I told her I would come over to her house for our sessions, and if she runs into any problems, just call. She lives just a few blocks away. My DD hasn't shown any interest in sewing, so it's nice to have a GD to share my addiction!

Today, I'll finish up laundry and try to finish a SS gift. It's the one I ripped the FMQ out of, and I'm in the process of redoing it. Its going better this time.

Wishing all a blessed day. Jeanne

4. Thanks Star lover, Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Top of the morning, to ya.

March is just whizzing by so fast. I'm a little slow this morning. I woke up at 5, but forced myself to sleep. I was exhausted after yesterday's birthday party. It was loud with lots of people and cousins. I kept busy getting the food stations ready and replenished. My DD got to enjoy the party and talk to people. My nephew was there with their new baby, Oliver. A cutie, but they are new parents, inexperienced and fussing over every little noise. There was enough people to help. My exSIL was there, as she's visiting. I have seen her only a few times in the last few years, but oh my, she does not look well. She smoked heavily all her life, and has had a hard life working long hours in a nursing home. My DD thought she was close to 70. She turned 58 in Feb.

DH's son and family came to our house after. We gave baby Michael his quilt. They loved it. His christening will be April 7th. That will be a big event, given the size of her family. I also gave Diana a bunch of clothes pattern. She was happy, and I told her to share with her sewing GFs.

Today I will continue to quilt Canadiana. I worked on it a few hours before the party. The. We are picking up DH's youngest at work and going to a restaurant. That will be a full day.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Be safe as I see there is a lot of flooding in the US.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; March 17th, 2019 at 10:20 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I messaged Jim this morning at 4am to tell him I was skipping church. There was a one vehicle wreck on the ramp behind my neighbor's house. The guy was thrown from his SUV. The witness behind him said he'd been speeding and swerving all over the road earlier. So from midnight, until after 3 there were the flashing lights, people talking, and the beeping of the tow truck. And it took me back to both bad wrecks that the boys have had when they were living at home.

Yesterday, I worked on Gracie's quilt. I have all of the pieces sewn. I never went back to press them. I'll start there. I will have to go find something to border her throw with. I ordered the backing yesterday. It will probably be here Wednesday.

Corned Beef is in the refrigerator thawing. I think I'll save it for tomorrow's dinner.

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, comfort, strength, wisdom, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, Monique thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Happy St. Patrick’s Day. It is 39 and sunny here. Yesterday I unpacked my suitcases and went to the grocery store. Today I will do all the laundry from our trip. I did cut a few more pieces for my Chutney quilt. I have a lot of slicing and dicing to do for the pattern.
    Slowly but surely is my motto.

Have a good Sunday
    Beth

10. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was my birthday -- I turned 70. I was pretty bummed about it -- first birthday w/o my husband, just turning 70. So my sister was taking me out for lunch and my daughter and son-in-law were taking me out for dinner. My sister came over about 12:50 and picked me up. On the way she told me she had to make a stop at the church to drop off some boxes. Ok, fine. When we got there she asked if I would help her take them in -- I wanted to say "no", but I didn't. We took one load in and dropped them inside the door of the gym and then went to get the second load. As I walked into the gym, there was a crowd of people there yelling "Surprise!!". My daughter and sister had planned a big surprise party for me. I cried, of course, and proceeded to hug and talk to everyone. My sister and daughter kept telling me to hurry up and go into the room -- they were all hungry. So I led the pack and as I walked into the room, there sat my son from San Diego. Talk about crying. They even have on video I said not to take my picture because I am an ugly crier!! I was so surprised!! He had come in on a red eye Friday night. He arrived in Baltimore around 6:30 a.m., picked up his rental car and drove to the cemetery at Indiantown Gap to see his dad's grave, then drove to his sister's house and used her shower to clean up and change before arriving at the church to wait for me to arrive.

It was such a great party!! In the evening, we went out to Ski Roundtop with daughter and son-in-law, and other son and 2 granddaughters to watch fireworks and have dinner. Pretty exhausting day for him and he was in bed by 10 and I was in bed by 10:30. The sad part now is he is leaving today, mid-afternoon to fly back to San Diego.

I was so happy!! I could not believe how surprised I was. And to think of all the lies they all told me LOL!!!

Time to get ready to start my day and enjoy the last few hours I have with #1 son before he leaves.

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

12. Thanks Star lover, MSN, PamelaOry, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a sweet family to make your birthday very special.

14. Thanks PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy belated birthday Nancy! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration, how very thoughtful of your family to throw that party for you this year.

Weather here is holding steady at early spring with lots of sunshine again today.

Yesterday, I called my localish quilt store to ask about what classes they have coming up and it turns out they have a free one next Saturday, just need to buy the pattern for $9. That sounded like a pretty good deal so I signed up then dh and I decided to drive over there and check out the class sample and pick out fabric for it. There calling the class “ombré” so I went with some ombré fabrics for the class. Now I just need to get out my juki and fix the tension on her. Maybe I’ll do that today.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day Everyone!
    Pam

16. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Nancy, it brought tears to my eyes reading about your surprise yesterday. How wonderful!. Monique, so happy you had a fun time with Maizyn. And a new sewing machine! Pictures please. Katrina, what an unsettling night you had. Take it easy today. Jeanne, how great that your granddaughter is interested in sewing and that you live so close to her and will be able to give her support and encouragement.

Suzanne, as it was said in my house in response to the morning greeting, "And the rest of the day to you.". Sounds like a great party yesterday. Now take a breather .

I am off to my sewing room. I have dinner all set to go in the oven later and I told hubby I need some sewing time. I am getting cranky without it. Have a good day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

18. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nancy what a great story! Don't feel bad about having another birthday. When I turned 40 I asked my two dd how old do you think Mom is today? They were 8 and 10 I think. The 8 yo said 12 and the 10 yo said 90! That still makes me laugh rembering it and any year I am feeling a little old it helps me get over it. Age is just a number, so happy birthday! Yesterday was one of my daughter's bdays, she turned 33. My dd came up from Chicago for the weekend and my oldest gd is in the Trinity Irish dancers. She performed all over the city over the last week and we got to see her twice. It was a great show! So of course being the proud grandma I am posting a photo of all my gd together decked out for St Patrick's Day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1552845537497.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	158177  

20. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post