Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!

Good morning friends. I slept in this morning and I am very proud of that. As a rule I am up so frigging early each morning. Now mind you, it was with a little help but we all need a good night's sleep once in a while, right? My oh my what a beautiful day it was yesterday. I was out twice to get my mail. I think we are expecting a little rain today, not quite sure of that.

I didn't do much yesterday other than quilt. Oh I did have someone interested in a sewing table I posted. But for $20 she wanted to meet half way AND help load it. Well I could help load it. In any case, the deal fell through.

I had a visit from a friend yesterday who brought me fabric. I guess she isn't sewing anymore. What treasures, a halloween panel, a lot of jelly roll strips and 2 packages of layer cakes that might be called shirtings? suitable to make something for a man. Happy recipient here, LOL!!

I am still working on the butterfly quilt. This is the one I made for Maizyn but it is the same fabric and pattern for the one for my sister-in-law.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	158244

I heard excitement in Hubby's voice this morning as this is the start of March Madness (college basketball). Yahoo right? Not for me. So that means that I have to quilt right? Right? I don't watch basketball.

So that is my plan for today, unless hubby has something else planned.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!

No basketball for me either. No sports on the tv that I like. TV becomes ultra boring for me. DH doesn't have the attention span for movies so I read.
    The new fabric is kind of like getting Christmas in the Spring...right? It will be lots of fun. Amazing how someone elses choices seem to spruce up our same o same o
    Yes, yesterday was super beautiful. Our skys were Carolina blue and the wind had finally subsided. I moved the last wood pile out of the back yard So DH can finish leveling it for the grass. Since he took down all the big trees we will have sunshine back there for the first time and hope the dirt will grow something. You never know.
    I'm off to lunch in a few minutes with my fascinating mystery lady. I hope she will revel me with stories of travels in Asia.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All,
    We are experiencing wonderful spring weather all this week, I think spring is here for us. At least the birds and the daffodils think so. I ordered some bins to organize my WIPs and they arrived yesterday, I was so excited I got right to work organizing and here is the result:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E07C6545-23E9-45E8-897C-051414DCF0B8.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	158245
    My plan is to have each project in a bin (or 2 depending on size) and if I want to start a new project, I need to have an empty bin. Hopefully this will keep me from collecting ufos.

Have fun and be careful on your lunch, can’t wait to hear all about it Terry!

Ps. Not sure why the picture is sideways. If you click on it , it shows right side up.
    Last edited by PamelaOry; March 21st, 2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Pam

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!

Rain here.....it’s spring, so rain is expected! Sure beats the frozen stuff!
    I feel 5#’s lighter, after my haircut. It grows super fast. Over 6” in 6 months.

Monique, your quilt is beautiful! Love the butterfly fabric. Maizyn is going to love it!

Hope everyone has a blessed day. Hugs!

Attachment 158246

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique, and all who follow. I got the same kind of helpful sleep last night Monique. Gotta love those tylenol pm's. don't use them often, but when I don't want to get up at 4am they are a godsend

As if I don't have enough on my plate right now - I sprained my ankle. Spent the day yesterday doing the RICE routine, It worked like a charm though - all swelling gone, almost all pain gone.

Gonna be a rainy day here today - good day to play in the sewing room.

You be careful out there today Terry. I hope your mystery lady is a lovely as she seems to be. STAY SAFE GIRLFRIEND

Wising everyone sew much happiness today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Terry be safe, can't wait to hear how your meeting goes.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

7. Thanks MaggieSue, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It’s raining and 45. I have to find my raincoat, since I have to take the pug to the vet hospital for a follow up appt. we want to see if her tumor has grown bigger. I did a lot of cutting yesterday. My wrist was hurting when I went to bed. I rubbed some Arnica on it and that helped with the pain.
    We enjoy college basketball. My DH went to Duke and I went to UNC.

Have a good .
    Beth

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Pam— I really like your storage items, thanks for sharing.

10. Thanks Monique, MaggieSue, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, good sleep here too. I'm surprised with the full moon last night that the cats weren't up all night, but they must be tired too. Spring is in the air, and the snow is melting slowly. I can see the landing and first step to the backyard. Squirrels and chipmunks are very active.

We had a nice ride out to drop off our taxes and visited the LQS for my free metre of fabric. I got one from Free Spirit and so gorgeous, so I bought a full run of the pattern at 1.5 m. DH saw a pattern from the new Stonehenge line, and got it and they cut him the fabric he needed for the large wall hanging. It is a beautiful line of fabric. We ran errands on the way home, so I was pretty tired. I made my splotched chicken recipe with leeks and asparagus. Yummy, and enough for another meal.

I think I will sew today, although I originally wanted to go to the Home and Garden show. I think I will save my feet from all the walking. Saturday I'm going shopping with my GF Pat.

Terry - enjoy your lunch with your mystery friend.
    Anita - I love your pics. Makes me smile and laugh.
    Pam - that's a good plan for your projects. Let us know if this works for you.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy, Debbie Watters, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone...We will be leaving in a few minutes to take Jeff for his appointment with the doctor. He has a laundry list of things for the doctor to look at. I have my appointment Monday.

It's going to be a nice day. We had light rain yesterday and it got into the 30s last night but it's already warming up. I can't wait to get back to work on the wedding quilt. I set it aside for a week and worked on my little hexie project. Now that I'm cross-eyed from that I want to work on something larger.

Terry, please be careful today.
    Pam, your organization project looks great. I would need a whole wall of shelves to store my UFOs. It's good to keep yourself in check that way.
    Carol, so glad you didn't break your ankle and that you are on the mend.

Today is the first full day of Spring...I hope everyone enjoys their day.