Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP March 22 - 28, 2019

Everybody is so busy, and soon the yard work will be competing with the crafting as well!

I'm down to just 1 block on the machine and one block by hand and I can start the assembly on "It was the 80s"!!! This is Pat Sloan's "Solstice" from her block of the week a couple years ago. It's asymmetrical, so it's put together in sections instead of rows. This will be a learning curve!

Hope everyone has a great week crafting.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP March 22 - 28, 2019

Closing day for selling my Texas home is March 26. My sewing room is packed up except for one 15 quart portable snap top container. That is all I have to work from. I am so stressed. If it wasn't for my quilting to distract me... well who knows. I have a small nervous breakdown penciled in for my first day in the new house. I've earned it.

I am working on the Mosaic Mountains kit in the warm colorway. All pieces cut and the triangle and half rectangle blocks are assembled. Oops I assembled half the half rectangle blocks wrong (some point left and some point right.) Plenty of extra fabric so I cut some more and assembled them with the correct orientation. Using the Tri Tool ruler and the Recs Tool ruler from EZQuilting so I didn't have to measure or mark anything worked great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4922.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	158265

I have the first four corner units assembled. Such a happy quilt.

Name:	100_4924.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	158266

Assuming the internet gets connected next Friday as scheduled, the next WIP update should be coming from my new home in Arkansas.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening,
    I finished quilting my Canadiana 150 yesterday and today I finished hand sewing the binding. I don't know why I didn't quilt it earlier. I think I had grandideas of doing a lot of special stuff, but when I started, I realized it was very linear, and I just let the blocks talk to me. I did switch thread colours, from linen, gold, merlot and black. I changed the bobbin thread to either linen or black. The backing was perfect as the bobbin thread blends with the black, beige and gray plaid flannel. It's done. Yippee!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	158274

I also also prepped the backing and the backing for another quilt top. I may get it quilted by LAQ as I want dragonflies.

I would like to prep more backs for other quilt tops waiting to be finished. Possibly work on UFOs.

Good luck Denise on your move. I fully understand how sewing can relieve any stress. I always plan for melt-down days and then get back to life.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

5. Thanks pcbatiks, cv quilter, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got the first half diamond unit assembled for Mosaic Mountains. I need to make five more of this unit, then the rest of the units are just plain rectangles (no points, yeah)

Name:	100_4926.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	158293
    I heard from the title company this morning ( some poor person had to work on a Sunday) that they got the final closing documents from the buyers lender. Closing on my Texas house is a go
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up my Boomerang quilt at LAQ on Wednesday I found fabric for binding in my stash, so cut it, sewed it on, and I started hand sewing tonight. It's king size. Tomorrow morning, I pick up that other quilt that I decided to drop off last Saturday at LAQ. It's a big lap quilt. She said she would have it done quickly, as she's off to Hawaii for 2 weeks.

That's my progress this week. Get someone else to quilt my tops.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.