Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP March 15 - 21, 2019

Only at work a half day today. It's spring break and I have the grandkids today for the afternoon. They are a great age - kindergarten and third grade. Still think I hung the moon, and old enough to be interesting to talk to.

On the crafting front, I've been doing more reading than crafting this week. I get into a book and I can lose myself for hours. Still slogging along on "It was the 80s" (Solstice by Pat Sloan). I do have a slot reserved at the LAQ in late April, so I need to get those last three blocks done and the top assembled STAT/!!! This quilt will be perfect for the local quilt show; the theme is "Stars".

How are things in your world?

2. Thanks RockinLou, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP March 15 - 21, 2019

About 90% of my quilt room is packed for the upcoming move. So I am doing another kit. I am working on Mosaic Mountains by Robert Kaufman in the warm solid colorway. I started by reading the overly complicated instructions. It wants to do elaborate measuring and marking and stitching and then throwing half the fabric away. The dimensions seemed very familiar so I drew them out on paper and then looked for the necessary rulers. Turns out all you need is the Rec Tool by EZ Quilting for the half square rectangles, and the Tri tool by EZ Quilting for the triangle base. Easy peasy. Zero marking or measuring required.

I am about one third of the way through cutting the pieces.

Closing day on my Texas house is March 26. The buyers VA loan has cleared the final underwriter. Praying it will clear all the remaining paperwork hurdles in time.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I started on Gracie's quilt. I have all of the strips sewn together, looking at it I'm thinking I'll use the fabric I bought for the border, as the sashing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0396.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	158154

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0397.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	158155
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that o have to steal quilting time. I've been mostly trying to finish projects on my sewing table. Tea towels with border and projects for Paw Patrol fabrics for GKs. I've had my Canadiana quilt sandwiched for a month, and I need to kick butt and get it done. I also need to start piecing the blocks of the kindred pinwheels.

I think I've had too many distractions with my family, helping for parties, mom's care and an upcoming baptism. I'm hoping things will cool down for a bit so I can get some sewing time.

I was bad this week, I was weak. I placed 2 orders from M*.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know what happened to February, but it was here and gone in a flash, and March hasn't been too different. The kids and I went on vacation and we've had my husband home visiting with us lots.

This week I'm still working on my January UFO. Oh well!! Made some progress last week, and I've been having fun working with my daughter on her projects, she's really sewing confidently and we're already talking about teacher gifts. 9 weeks of school left!! WOW!

The house goes on the market this week, so I'm a bit heartbroken and nervous, but I know it's for the best.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well I kicked butt, and started quilting Canadiana. I've done about 7hrs this weekend, between parties and family gatherings. I m doing mostly SID to hold it together, with some echoing, but I want to add words and maple leafs in the white space and border. I will mark this when I get to those blocks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	158202. Top before quilting..

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks threadbndr, pcbatiks, Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well after my run in with the rotary cutter last week I haven't been able to do much sewing so have been busy preparing applique pieces for a BOM I'm doing. I also made a book cover for DD with cats on the front and back, she was delighted!!

I now have the big dressing off the finger and down to a plaster so I'll be back sewing Tuesday or Wednesday, can't wait!! Not sure what is calling me, either my UFO for March or maybe a Linus quilt!! We'll see when the time comes.

Hope you all have a great week!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post