Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday

Rainy day here and warm, 57! The snow is just about gone and now that the flower beds in front of the house are exposed, I see iris shoots poking up. The ground is so mushy that I can't walk around the yard just yet to see what else is sprouting.
    I'm starting the big dig today (aka organizing my sewing room stash). Not sure how my new system will work out but I have to start somewhere. My LQS is having their big St. Patrick's sale tomorrow...not sure what I'll come home with but I do want some white Grunge.
    Today is my last full day of peace and quiet. The grandpup is arriving tomorrow afternoon and we're sitting for a week while his parents go on vacation. He's 7 mos. now, 38 lbs. and still full of puppy energy.
    Prayers for Carol while she undergoes surgery today.
    Have a peaceful day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Anita, I was wondering too. I couldn't remember what time her surgery was for. Will keep her in my prayers,

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Anita, Squirrel looks a little like John Travolta back in the days of disco.

Gina

4. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back from the Long arm, whoot whoot, they're going up in price (1/2 cent) but your first trip in this year you pay last year's price. So two quilts for what I would have paid for them last year.

Picked up the fabric for the contrast on Rose Garden. I have enough of the Mayfield Indigo and my light fabric, so I picked up a dark contrast to go with. Picked up fabric to sash and border Gracie's quilt, too.

Mike and I stopped at Woody's BBQ for lunch. That's probably going to be it for me today! I'm stuffed and it was delicious!

The kitchen is cleaned, top to bottom and now I'm going to get that noisy vacuum cleaner out to do the floors. I hope to get my bedroom, bath room, and great room done this afternoon.

I hope someone will let us know about Carol. I'm keeping her close to heart today.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon All.

Sunny and bright here, the daffodils have sprouted and the birds are fussing in the bird houses.

My youngest son had his SAT test last Saturday. I think it was a humbling experience for him. He went into it pretty cocky, he spent a few hours the week before studying and assumed that because he’s in advanced level high school classes he would do well, he came home saying he might need to retake it. He didn’t feel as confident with the writing and math. We will see. Either way, I have confidence things will work out. He wants to go to school for film so while I think SATs will matter, I don’t think they will be the only factor.
    I got my sunbonnet sue die and started making my patriotic sues for the red,white,blue swap I’m in. I’m about halfway done with them. I need to wrap up these swaps so I can be ready to hit the ground running when we get our secret Santa name from Carly tomorrow! I’m excited to find out who I’ll be making for.

Prayers for Carol today, I hope we hear from her soon.
    Pam

7. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's me!!!!! Surgery went well...no surprises and only had to take the one lymph node along with the tumor. The Dr feels that he got it all but of course the pathology report will tell us definitely. I'm home and not in any pain. Starving to death, but DIL came while we were at the hospital and left a huge casserole of baked ziti - which is already in the over.

I can't thank everyone enough for all your kind thoughts, prayers and cards. It is wonderful to have such awesome friends.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, so glad to hear that surgery went well!

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear from you, Carol. Glad everything went well.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so pleased that your surgery went well Carol. Rest up.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Great news Carol! Thanks for the update.
    Pam

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post